Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad Tailgating Experience..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Bad Tailgating Experience..

Sep 16, 2012, 9:44 AM

Been attending Clemson games for 40 yrs and this week no different. Arrived at Lot 4 parking just after 10 and noticed a pickup truck being parked beside me by an attendant. Truck contained 8 males which I figured were Clemson students. No big deal. They soon pulled a keg out of the truck and bottles of liquor. As time went by there must have been 15 to 20 young people show as the drinking went on. Never saw them eating anything. There was even a woman that arrived, approx. 40 something yrs old that started to party with the young folks. She even allowed the guys to pick her up by the legs and lift her upside down to drink beer from the keg. I just figured she was a cougar trying to relive days gone by. We left for the game as the the young people continued to party. After the game we returned to find 1 male passed out in one of our chairs and all of our coolers had been raided and food ate. They attempted to light my grill but was too drunk or stupid to do so and just emptied the propane bottle. The point of all of this is I was a little upset, but when I found out from some Clemson folks who were in the lot that not only did they witness the eating of the food, they also watched the drunk guy pee into our trash can,throw up on the side on my truck and he and a female got into the back of the truck and then on top of my truck. My problem is that when you see a bunch of drunks raising hell in the area you are in, taking a #### in public, crawling on top of a truck, dial 911 and have CUPD deal with it because at some point they could be causing you problems or next game messing with your stuff. I did call CUPD and two students were hauled off to jail. While I understand this does not represent the majority of Clemson students we as Clemson tailgaters need to watch out for each other. My son is a Clemson grad and was twice as mad as I. This is my first ever post and just had to say something. I still love my Tigers and will be back tailgating next home game. Thanks CUPD, you guys are great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That behavior should not be tolerated by any of us. Action

Sep 16, 2012, 9:51 AM

needs to be taken to protect the rest of us who want to have a nice experience tailgating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow my husband would have flipped! That's one of the major

Sep 16, 2012, 9:52 AM

Problems with the world today. People choose to turn a blind eye when they see inappropriate behavior. I'm not saying people have to step in and take matters in ther own hands but they should call the cops. That kind of behavior is appalling!

That blows....Sorry man. That would be my luck...it's

Sep 16, 2012, 9:54 AM

like when you buy a new car and you park it far away in the parking lot. Then you come back few hours later and some dumb a s s has parked their beater car next to yours.....ggggrrrrrr

That sucks but go the The Lounge

Sep 16, 2012, 9:56 AM

you will see Obama supporters advocating the taking from others through the use of the federal government. It's an indication of today's America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keep the politics in the lounge***

Sep 16, 2012, 9:58 AM

The point is that many college kids

Sep 16, 2012, 10:00 AM

believe it's ok to take things that don't belong to them. It is the truth. No respect for others because it is what society teaches. We don't live in a vaccum. When you believe others are there to support you then crap like this happens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. I work at an elementary school and kids steal from

Sep 16, 2012, 10:03 AM

Me all the time. This generation is going to be the downfall of the country. Very entitled!

My wife is an elementary school teacher as well. What you

Sep 16, 2012, 10:05 AM

said is spot on.

Seems like the youth has been ruining the world since

Sep 16, 2012, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Exactly. I work at an elementary school and kids steal from ]

ancient Greece.

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).

Don't confuse him. Facts and agendas don't mix well. +1.***

Sep 16, 2012, 1:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like the youth has been ruining the world since

Sep 16, 2012, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Seems like the youth has been ruining the world since ]

and your point? seems like following that Greece lost it's status of world power than then the romans turned into a bunch of party people entilted to rule the world and their empire fell and then the dark ages. Seems like your quote was spot on. God help us if we do not wake up!

Re: keep the politics in the lounge***

Sep 16, 2012, 1:30 PM [ in reply to keep the politics in the lounge*** ]

truth sting a little?

null

^ Not sure if too stupid to understand tax and

Sep 16, 2012, 10:10 AM [ in reply to That sucks but go the The Lounge ]

socioeconomic policies or just watches too much fox news.

GFY***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:13 AM

LOL, all these knuckle draggers watch fox news.

Sep 16, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to ^ Not sure if too stupid to understand tax and ]

It's like "the teletubbies" for bitter old fat white men who pretend to be christians. They hate the gays, but they love gluttony and greed; go figure.

LMAO..I am socially liberal and in fact support

Sep 16, 2012, 10:39 AM

gay marriage and the legalizaiton of marijuana. What I don't support is an overreaching federal government and its involvement in areas of our lives that are not part of the Constitution. It's the reason I disliked George W. Bush. I'm pretty much a libetarian which makes me an equal opportunity basher.

Take your 35% rating and GFY as well.***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:43 AM [ in reply to LOL, all these knuckle draggers watch fox news. ]

Re: That sucks but go the The Lounge

Sep 16, 2012, 1:19 PM [ in reply to That sucks but go the The Lounge ]

Oh my god man, kill yourself.

It was great that you called the cops, instead of doing….

Sep 16, 2012, 9:57 AM

nothing about it. That kind of stuff should never happen at Clemson. Next time that happens you should call up the police immediately, instead of waiting until afterwards.

Bad thing is, others saw it and did nothing. They should

Sep 16, 2012, 10:04 AM

Have called the cops as soon as it happened. We should all treat others as we would want them to treat us. I'd hope someone would all the cops if someone were doing that to me and my family.

And not a single person spoke up to the punks

Sep 16, 2012, 10:06 AM

In year's past some of the others tailgating would have said something to them before even a call to the cops.

Exactly. Times have changed my friend and not for the better***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:09 AM

maybe its the influence of predatory capitalists like Romney

Sep 16, 2012, 10:24 AM [ in reply to And not a single person spoke up to the punks ]

who steal all the resources from the businesses they obtain with leveraged loans financed by taxpayers and then lay everyone off and keep what's leftover while hanging the taxpayers with paying off the pensions is really to blame. Given these kids were probably rich elitist frat members that would stand to reason right? Makes as much sense as that ridiculous stretch of imagination put forth by Baltimore Tiger doesn't it?

You've done nothing but bich since you got here.***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol.***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for you. Good gameday experiences begin with our own.

Sep 16, 2012, 10:15 AM

If we don't teach the younger generations what it means to be a Clemson man or woman, we shouldn't be surprised when/if things get ugly with other teams' fans.

About a decade or so ago it was the "party like a rock star" mentality among the yunksters. I took that to mean do stupid stuff without respect to anyone or anything. That's not the Clemson way of having a good time.

Hate that it took the CUPD to wake these kids up, but I;m glad you had the presence of mind to call them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least they didn't stab your football.****

Sep 16, 2012, 10:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Ha ha!***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:36 AM

Re: Bad Tailgating Experience..

Sep 16, 2012, 10:26 AM

Those guys were using someones parking pass. Someone who probably would appreciate knowing what happened. You should make a formal complaint to the ticket office.

Agree. The people who have that spot should be contacted

Sep 16, 2012, 10:32 AM

and warned by the university.

Re: maybe its the influence of predatory capitalists like Romney

Sep 16, 2012, 10:30 AM

No! Sounds more like a bunch of liberal union thugs, taking advantage of everyone else around them for their benefit.

Re: LOL, all these knuckle draggers watch fox news.

Sep 16, 2012, 10:32 AM

"Knuckle dragger".....You're a racist!!!

Re: you should have just stabbed their football***

Sep 16, 2012, 10:56 AM

Typical scene at a Maryland Home Game***

Sep 16, 2012, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree with you. They flat out stole from you and

Sep 16, 2012, 11:05 AM

then abused your property. I can understand drunk college kids and, yes, the police needed to be called. What I can't understand is the fellow tailgaters around you not doing something when you weren't there to defend you property. I think that makes me feel worse than the drunk students.

Wow. I've never seen it that bad before, but I would have

Sep 16, 2012, 11:47 AM

called the man if I had seen all that going on. Of course I go into all the games and would never see stuff like that happening during the game anyway, but there are plenty of folks who never set foot in the stadium who should have called someone.

Worst experience I had was a bunch of drunks playing loud music next to our car. Came back from the game and there were about 4 beer cans on the bumper. Of course we lock up everything in the car too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's awful and i have to agree that even worse is that

Sep 16, 2012, 12:57 PM

others saw them raiding your stuff and didn't say or do anything. that's tacit approval. don't cops patrol during games? wonder how many of them were 21? Truly a bad impression of clemson.

WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE UPSIDE DOWN COUGAR - NO

Sep 16, 2012, 1:05 PM

use ruining our sunday re-cap too...

null

Re: WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE UPSIDE DOWN COUGAR - NO

Sep 16, 2012, 1:19 PM

"upside down" Cougars normally are NOT the ones you want to see....

upside down 30 year old pre-baby hotties? sure.
i'm all in.

40+ year old whack jobs fighting gravity in more ways than one....
count me all out.

#shiver

Re: WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE UPSIDE DOWN COUGAR - NO

Sep 16, 2012, 1:31 PM

YOU KNOW you would look at it

null

oh yeah. no doubt.

Sep 16, 2012, 1:39 PM

but that doesnt mean it probably resembles a train wreck.

#lol

Re: Bad Tailgating Experience..

Sep 16, 2012, 1:11 PM

sure you were not in Columbia?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Dan – I think you missed out on a wonderful opportunity

Sep 16, 2012, 1:32 PM

... a teaching moment, if you will. God works in mysterious ways. I think he placed those rowdy tailgating punks next to you for a reason... and was hoping that, by example, you could help show them the error of their ways.

After you’ve cleaned off your windshield, go ahead and clean theirs, too. But don’t apply too much force or their wipers might break off in your hands. And when you’re cleaning the vomit off your truck, check to see if some splattered on their vehicle as well. If it has dried, the best way to remove it from the tire lettering is with a sharp buck knife. But be very careful that you don’t slip and accidently puncture some of their tires.

Double-check the back of your truck, to be sure that none of their valuable items end up there by mistake. Don’t forget to inspect your keys very closely before leaving, too... foreign objects like paint scrapings might damage the ignition switch. And please be sure that you don’t run over any of their remaining tailgating gear as you’re pulling off.

I think you'd find that by turning the other cheek and not reacting in anger, they would learn a very valuable and lasting lesson. One that will remembered much longer than a couple hours in jail before daddy bails them out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

WOW...Sounds just Athens / Georgia***

Sep 16, 2012, 2:19 PM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic