Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
sloan st tap room looks like it reopened
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

sloan st tap room looks like it reopened

May 19, 2020, 1:11 PM

barely want to go in there during normal times, that prison combo toilet/sink freaks me out a little bit

Nick's seems to be open for togos

TD's opened

got a burger from Loose Change last night and it was good

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Doubt Jimmy even needed to sanitize it.

May 19, 2020, 1:13 PM

No chance COVID19 could survive inside Sloan St

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. Jimmy and Keef Richards gonna survive anything!***

May 19, 2020, 1:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Backstreets is waiting.***

May 19, 2020, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these bars still open. Nice.

May 19, 2020, 1:22 PM

So many have come and gone, but TTT, Esso, Sloan Street, Backstreets, all were there in my day.

Genoa Club/SkyBox gone though. It was a private club, so you could drink there until sunrise. You signed your name in a loose leaf notebook, then paid a $5 membership fee at the door, and bewm. You were a member of an exclusive club ;)

We used the #### out of Top of the Tavern. Was like a $10 membership fee. Played pool there non-stop and was well worth the "membership fee" to play free pool all day.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I finally had to give in and give Up Stairs their

May 19, 2020, 1:29 PM

$10.00. Tried to go in one time without my buddy who is always there and dropping his name almost didn't work. I do wish they'd get rid of the smoking though. I don't know how I spent so many nights of my youth in the smoke filled bars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have they gotten new bartenders yet?

May 19, 2020, 1:31 PM

I've thought about my incident with the female bartender back around 2011 or so, and I know exactly what I'd like to say to her ##### ### now. If she's still there I'd like to go have a conversation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, the one I think you had some issues with is

May 19, 2020, 3:20 PM

long gone. Like years.

Was a heck of a deal compared to the pool hall in the union

May 19, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to I finally had to give in and give Up Stairs their ]

Although the union had $0.25 Natty Light bottles, which evened the playing field.

Top of the Tavern eventually increased their fees to thwart the free pool players like myself and my roomate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait....you paid for an upstairs tiger town membership?

May 19, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to All these bars still open. Nice. ]

I just signed in as a guest of Eddie Smith’s every single time. Never an issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. It was the day that Ben Boulware went all WCW

May 19, 2020, 3:22 PM

on that Syaracuse guy. A wet behind the ears doorman was really hounding me, I knew Charlie was out of town so I just did it.

My bar tap was still less than it would have been most any place else that day.

Re: Wait....you paid for an upstairs tiger town membership?

May 19, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Wait....you paid for an upstairs tiger town membership? ]

I remember him.

Had to look him up. Speech prof. I remember his name

May 19, 2020, 4:39 PM

Although I never had him for speech.

Think we're headed up this weekend for some lake time.

May 19, 2020, 1:19 PM

Do we dare venture out into college bars? I know what MY answer is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take your kids up to Zen Den and get them their first bong

May 19, 2020, 1:27 PM

Nice ones are so much cheaper than they used to be, and your kids will always cherish their first double percolated honey comb recycler.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sloan is one of my all time faves

May 19, 2020, 3:15 PM

total babe

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic