Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson and TCU Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Sep 25, 2009, 10:43 AM

The second quarter of the season starts this season as the 2-1 Clemson Tigers welcome the 2-0 and 15th-ranked Texas Christian Horned Frogs into Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and TCU Prediction

Sep 25, 2009, 10:46 AM

"On the outside, he has Bart Johnson and Jimmy Johnson to challenge Clemson corners Crezdon Butler and Chris Chancellor."

Just FYI, it's Jimmy Young not Jimmy Johnson

That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB

Sep 25, 2009, 10:52 AM

that can keep up with the Lowe's 48 Chevrolet. ;)

I think we're going to crush TCU this weekend

Sep 25, 2009, 11:03 AM

Jerry who?

Re: I think we're going to crush TCU this weekend

Sep 25, 2009, 11:05 AM

Jerry Hughes, his last name is Hughes

LOL, nice.***

Sep 25, 2009, 11:08 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we're going to crush TCU this weekend ///

Sep 25, 2009, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I think we're going to crush TCU this weekend ]

is that really important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Field managers wouldn't be happy with donuts in the endzones***

Sep 25, 2009, 11:04 AM [ in reply to That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB ]

Re: That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB

Sep 25, 2009, 1:16 PM [ in reply to That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB ]

LOL, took it right my mouth !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just send Juan Pablo Bowers and Patrick Stewart after him.***

Sep 25, 2009, 2:39 PM [ in reply to That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB

Sep 25, 2009, 4:31 PM [ in reply to That's a relief because there's no way we have a DB ]

No no....not the Lowes (48) Jimmie Johnson, the commentator and ex Miami/Dallas head coach Jimmie Johnson. We'll smoke him. He doesn't want to mess his hair up.

If TCU scores a lot of points on THIS defense, take your hat off to them. I don't see it happening. If our offense scores, we win. If not, TCU may win a close, low scoring game. But they will NOT put up a lot of points on this defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2009, 11:13 AM

TCU is a quality opponent with solid players and a very solid coaching staff. They are a very capable and well disciplined team and will put us to the task. Clemson, however has very talented and quality personnel also, and our team speed is second to none (or maybe to FL) overall, but Spiller and Ford are the fastest duo on any team in America. Our OL still is the key to our success. Our Defense is very solid. If we can give Parker a little time and open a few holes, we can be very special. Come on OL. Let's gel and prove something this year. Beating TCU will be a huge step in the right direction for this team, this coaching staff and for all the Tiger Nation. Let's Roll!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pu-diction????.........................

Sep 25, 2009, 12:00 PM

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TCU wins by at least 6.. TCU def vs Clem def is a push, both

Sep 25, 2009, 12:39 PM

are big strong and fast. Special Teams Clemson has a slight edge because of CJ and Ford. Offense TCU has a clear edge. Their offense is better in every phase, running and passing. Clemson has better RB's but TCU's o-line is clearly better. TCU's QB is clearly better. Hes more experienced, he's accurate, and he doesnt throw Int's. Because of type of game this is going to be, their clear edge in offense lets them win.

^^^I thought I smelled cabbage***

Sep 25, 2009, 1:20 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

ANY Tiger fan that says we will lose, is'nt a real Tiger

Sep 25, 2009, 1:21 PM [ in reply to TCU wins by at least 6.. TCU def vs Clem def is a push, both ]

fan. COOT COOT COOT CoooooT

I play the lottery to lose....***

Sep 25, 2009, 1:27 PM

Re: ANY Tiger fan that says we will lose, is'nt a real Tiger

Sep 25, 2009, 2:33 PM [ in reply to ANY Tiger fan that says we will lose, is'nt a real Tiger ]

if our team is equal to TCU's in talent, etc etc as DV_1981 has said, then we need to fire everyone involved in recruiting. I know "stars" don't mean anything but if our talent level isn't a similar disparity as we saw between FSU and BYU, then again, we need to fire anyone and everyone involved in Clemson recruiting.

Re: ANY Tiger fan that says we will lose, is'nt a real Tiger

Sep 25, 2009, 2:45 PM

CaliTiger, we have some of the best talent evaluators in the nation, have a beautiful campus with some of the best facilities in the southwest, and are located in arguably the most talent rich area of the world when it comes to HS football... it would be ridiculous to think we should be anywhere near Clemson in the talent department.

FYI, We beat BYU 32-7 last year.

BYU isn't all that, FSU just smoked them...***

Sep 25, 2009, 2:51 PM

Re: BYU isn't all that, FSU just smoked them...***

Sep 25, 2009, 2:56 PM

That was my point, he was implying we were on the same talent level as BYU, I was saying we smoked them last year too

Sep 25, 2009, 3:55 PM

BYU, Utah, TCU - same difference, although I will give y'all the leg up in that category when it comes to being in TX, and you did beat BYU last year but lost to Utah.

And look, no slight against TCU, just saying when it comes down to it, Clemson recruiting should be a notch above TCU just like it is (should be) above a team like Wake Forest. (which btw, still doesn't insure a victory as we've seen Clemson lose to Wake in recent years while having superior talent - across the board and deep, deep being the operative portion there as many teams of that ilk will/can have a 1st string that can play with anyone in the country, but it's beyond that where the difference is made and seen.)

Sep 25, 2009, 4:01 PM

Yeah we lost to Utah... but we were playing on a short week at their place (Thursday night games are a huge advantage for the home team), it was 30 degrees (we're warm weather people), we outgained them by 150 yards, we missed two chip shot FGs, and we led for 59 minutes and 10 seconds.

And Utah whooped Alabama's a$$ in the Sugar Bowl 31-17

Sep 25, 2009, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: BYU isn't all that, FSU just smoked them...*** ]

and for the record...here's to hoping the weather isn't a factor - Florida could lose to SMU if the weather was bad and the bounces went SMU's way. If the weather's not a factor and we don't play horribly, this game shouldn't even be close.

Luckily...

Sep 25, 2009, 2:57 PM [ in reply to TCU wins by at least 6.. TCU def vs Clem def is a push, both ]

our offense isn't playing their offense.

Re: TCU wins by at least 6.. TCU def vs Clem def is a push, both

Sep 25, 2009, 3:40 PM [ in reply to TCU wins by at least 6.. TCU def vs Clem def is a push, both ]

with our kicker and speed to burn I think this will come down to who has the ball last. To bad it will not get national TV!!!!

Sep 25, 2009, 7:06 PM

One of the pieces for a sellout at DV is the weather, and based on the forecast, it is highly unlikely that we will have a sellout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2009, 10:25 AM

All in all, its going to be a great ballgame no matter who you pull for. Hopefully we are not under 3 inches of rain when the game starts, but it is going to be 1 for the ages. Too bad most of the nation won't be able to see it, stupid SEC, stupid local stations, stupid ESPN, stupid CBS college sports, stupid CSS, stupid FOX Sports South, stupid ESPN Gameplan.
Did I leave anybody out?

GO TIGERS!!!

I want Dan's Scott's daughter, Becky to give her pick!***

Sep 26, 2009, 11:57 AM

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mr. Hood if you are close on this game....

Sep 26, 2009, 11:58 AM

like you have been in the past, I may have to start placing some bets on your picks...

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic