Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,197

BV

Sep 23, 2012, 9:20 PM

Had the best defense in the Big 12, which has been the best offensive league for the last decade or so. He's taking over a D which sucked last year & lost it's best three players. Anyone who expected him to come in, snap his fingers and have it fixed is an idiot & doesn't know the first thing about football. The defense is always a harder fix than the offense is, so things will get better. Give the guy more than four games to turn around a terrible defense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at least he's not Vic Koenning***

Sep 23, 2012, 9:31 PM

Re: BV

Sep 23, 2012, 9:39 PM

Players have to play. We need a beast or two up front to wreak havoc it would change a lot. One thing the guy cant do is go out there and play for them. That OU D was nasty against FSU last year.

Sep 23, 2012, 9:40 PM

Thank you for posting that.

When I saw the subject, I assumed it was another post B@#$%ing about BV and was going to reply saying essentially the same thing you said.

The ship won't turn on a dime. If you recall, it took a few weeks last year for the new offense to synch up. I'll tell you, that side of the ball had much more talent that the D does now, so I wouldn't expect the D to turn around even that fast. Let's acknowledge that (1) this weekend's loss was not acceptable and (2) it is too soon to assess BV's ability as a D coordinator. That needs time.

I think we are still on a good trajectory.

if he was honest with you..he'd say

Sep 23, 2012, 9:52 PM

he's gotta have deeper talent on the line and in the secondary. Too many liabilities to be comfortable. He's trying to turn them loose but it bites him in the butt. He's gonna have to go more conservative i guess.

Sep 23, 2012, 9:55 PM

Haden your post is way too, logicl for many on this board. BV didn't last 12 seasons at OU because he sucked. He didn't get hired here because our D was kicking ###. I already expected it to be a season for him to get these guys playing @ a respectable level consistently. I don't believe anyone had us going 12-0 when the season started. I also know that many of the post on here last night and today are coots. I just ignore them

Sep 23, 2012, 9:56 PM

hey, we have been giving these baptist preachers chances for the last 20 years, first, preacher hatfield, then preacher bowden then this big mouth preacher blabo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2012, 10:09 PM

idiotic post...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,197
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic