Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More anecdotal Hydroxychloroquine success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,663

More anecdotal Hydroxychloroquine success

Mar 28, 2020, 7:46 AM

One of our neighbors is an elderly lady that is a naturalized US citizen from the Netherlands. For the past week she has been updating us on her older brother who was hospitalized in the Netherlands on 21 March with a bad case of COVID-19. On 23 March he was moved to the ICU as his health deteriorated to the point that he was edging towards death. The day he was moved into the ICU the attending physicians started him on the Hydroxychloroquine/Antiboitic treatment. Within 24 hours of the Hydroxychloroquine/Antiboitic regimen he was significantly better. On 26 March, just 3 days after starting the regimen, he had made such a significant turn around that the doctors released him from the hospital to finish his recovery at home.

This, of course, is another anecdotal case but at some point the old expression "if it's stupid but it works...then it's not stupid" comes to mind with this Hydroxychloroquine/Antiboitic treatment for COVID-19. I have yet to read or hear of a case of someone being treated with the Hydroxychloroquine/Antiboitic that has died - anyone seen any data on that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's great. show it in A STUDY.

Mar 28, 2020, 1:36 PM

The studies to date haven't demonstrated any of this. And chloroquine is incredibly toxic. The mild side-effects are anxiety, allergic reactions....the more serious ones are heart-related, leading to death. In other words, it might work, and in a small segment of people, it might work while not producing life-threatening side-effects. In the majority of people, it might be a toss-up as to whether this or the covid 19 kills you first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that's great. show it in A STUDY.

Mar 28, 2020, 1:58 PM

A friend of mine’s wife has been taking this for years for arthritis.If you have a prescription or taking under a doctor’s supervision,it is not toxic.Some few could have a reaction but peanut butter and shellfish are deadly to some people as well.Seems to be helping and I have not heard of anyone dying from it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I bet she doesn’t use aquarium cleaner as a substitute***

Mar 28, 2020, 3:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BULLCHIT,service men have taken it for 80 with virtually

Mar 28, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to that's great. show it in A STUDY. ]

NO side effects. DemoNcrats just stalling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BULLCHIT,service men have taken it for 80 with virtually

Mar 28, 2020, 2:53 PM

Geez.Hope you are wrong.Making this about TDS would seem to be the worst of the worst.

Well if you get COVID-19 I'm sure the doctor will

Mar 28, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to that's great. show it in A STUDY. ]

abide by your wishes not to be treated with chloroquine. Personally, I'd take my chances since I have been prescribed chloroquine before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From an ER MD in NOLA

Mar 28, 2020, 2:36 PM

“Plaquenil which has weak ACE2 blockade doesn't appear to be a savior of any kind in our patient population. Theoretically, it may have some prophylactic properties but so far it is difficult to see the benefit to our hospitalized patients, but we are using it and the studies will tell. With Plaquenil's potential QT prolongation and liver toxic effects (both particularly problematic in covid 19 patients), I am not longer selectively prescribing this medication as I stated on a previous post.

We are also using Azithromycin, but are intermittently running out of IV.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From an ER MD in NOLA

Mar 28, 2020, 2:43 PM

You know far more than I.Is it true that anyone going to Africa where malaria is a problem have to take it or is that incorrect?

You take it with you just in case you need it.

Mar 28, 2020, 3:02 PM

At least that's the way it was for me a few years ago when I went to Africa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some dude drank aquarium cleaner and died

Mar 28, 2020, 3:00 PM

so ...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic