Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
C.J. Spiller's Super Bowl commercial for NewSpring church
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

C.J. Spiller's Super Bowl commercial for NewSpring church

Jan 21, 2013, 8:04 PM

http://vimeo.com/57174462

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: C.J. Spiller's Super Bowl commercial for NewSpring church

Jan 21, 2013, 8:15 PM

Very funny ad. Now let me get this straight.....football is more important than God at NewSpring?

Jan 21, 2013, 8:25 PM

No, Just moved night service to Saturday night.

11minutes. Wow that took longer than I thought.***

Jan 21, 2013, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: C.J. Spiller's Super Bowl commercial for NewSpring church ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

They finally get something right and you want to bash them.***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: C.J. Spiller's Super Bowl commercial for NewSpring church ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Don't you never say that to me again. Never"

Jan 21, 2013, 8:17 PM

LOL

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

How was Perry's comedy routine this week?***

Jan 21, 2013, 8:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: How was Perry's comedy routine this week?***

Jan 21, 2013, 11:24 PM

I really think Perry and all of his "partners" have a very good TV production crew.

needs a better Director.***

Jan 21, 2013, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Didn't we here enough about that fake new age christianity..

Jan 21, 2013, 9:17 PM

from Perry Noble and PollutedSpring, last football off season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

herp derp***

Jan 22, 2013, 3:21 PM

derp herp***

Jan 23, 2013, 5:37 AM

I always find it funny when churchgoers think they're making

Jan 21, 2013, 9:21 PM

some big statement by going to the Sunday Night service the night of the Super Bowl. The church I went to as a teenager, people would show up for the night of the Super Bowl at church, but the rest of the year they wouldn't even be at half of the Sunday Night services.

I love how non church goers judge those who do as if they kno

Jan 22, 2013, 12:05 AM

know why they go to church rather than watch SB. I go to church to worship my Lord and that is waaaaaay more important than a stupid football game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said I was a non church goer?…...

Jan 23, 2013, 5:37 AM

Because I didn't state that in my post.

I posted something I actually witnessed, about people who would show up to Sunday services on the night of the Super Bowl but wouldn't show up to even half of the Sunday services the rest of the year. That's the people I was talking about. If that doesn't include you, don't take offense. Also, don't claim I stated things I didn't state.

Maybe you got stung by my post because it rang too true. Maybe you misunderstood what I was stating. Either way, no harsh feelings.

The church I attended when I was younger always had more

Jan 23, 2013, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I always find it funny when churchgoers think they're making ]

worshipers on Super Bowl Sunday night than any other Sunday night service.

It was probably due to the free food, drinks, and the game being shown on a huge old-school big screen in the social hall. Our pastor used it as an outreach tool and got in touch with many families that otherwise probably would have never darkened the doors.

Plus, you know that Baptists will do anything they can to keep their parishioners in sight and from imbibing excess alcohol. ;)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Huh?

Jan 21, 2013, 10:18 PM

Did I miss something?

New Spring is false church there to profit off people***

Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 PM

All the Pharisees said the same about Jesus I'm sure...

Jan 22, 2013, 5:17 PM

Maybe you should spend less time condemning churches and us that time to help someone in need.

So you're comparing NewSpring to Jesus…..

Jan 23, 2013, 5:39 AM

as they say on ESPN's NFL coverage, come on man.

Yes I am. It is spreading the word of God and teaching.

Jan 23, 2013, 8:49 AM

Which was Christs ministry at that time. And everyone bashed him and accused him of false teaching.

The pharisee's accused Jesus, no believers

Jan 23, 2013, 2:31 PM

It's great men of God like John Macarthur, Paul Washer and Phil Johnson who stand against this.

Emerging church

Jan 23, 2013, 2:36 PM

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/GTY107

Helping someone in need?

Jan 23, 2013, 2:30 PM [ in reply to All the Pharisees said the same about Jesus I'm sure... ]

Talking about blindly judging, you just did that to me? Also you have no idea how much I help these christians, you know the ones who are imprisoned and murdered for Christ.

http://persecution.com

I haven't judged you... Simply suggested how you can

Jan 23, 2013, 2:37 PM

better spend your time than trashing christians.

How do you know how I spend my time?

Jan 23, 2013, 3:15 PM

By one post, this is how I spend my time? So by pointing out that New Spring isn't lined up the way scripture says it should be, i'm wrong? Like I asked that never got answered, who gave these churches the ok to change the model of the church?

*sigh*.......

Jan 23, 2013, 3:18 PM

What model of the church do you believe is right? And why?

And I don't know to answer your question... There is no all mighty churchmaster that deems certain churches unacceptable vs. acceptable. There is only God who either works through a church to reach his children or doesn't work through a falsified church with bad doctrine.

Re: *sigh*.......

Jan 23, 2013, 3:26 PM

Here ya go

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13517750

Here you go

Jan 23, 2013, 3:27 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13517550

My challenge to people is to follow scripture

Jan 23, 2013, 3:50 PM

and that alone. Jesus said to be my disciple, you must be willing to forsake all and that goes for us all, are we willing to do so, that is what we all have to answer for ourselves. Make church about God and him alone, not for our entertainment, or what makes us happy and have fun as we see in acts, they weren't concerned with what makes them happy, but worshiping and learning about Christ and that alone

^^^exactly^^^***

Jan 23, 2013, 5:38 AM [ in reply to New Spring is false church there to profit off people*** ]

I thought that's what all the churches were for.***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:53 PM [ in reply to New Spring is false church there to profit off people*** ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2013, 12:03 AM

I love CJ Spiller... but he has such poor grammar... lol.... At least he gives... rather than preaching on tithing to his glory every 2 seconds.

The only thing I have to say about NewSpring Church

Jan 22, 2013, 12:20 AM

I love my Bride of Christ!

Will New Spring be having a SB party? I know they're all

Jan 22, 2013, 12:30 AM

about entertainment.

They moved their night service to Sat night

Jan 22, 2013, 12:33 AM

that should tell you all you need to know about New Spring and Noble. Football is more important than God.

Re: They moved their night service to Sat night

Jan 22, 2013, 1:56 PM

If NewSpring is about helping people re-connect with God, what is wrong with that?

What is wrong with moving your service cause of a football

Jan 22, 2013, 3:13 PM

game? If you have to ask that question, then you have a problem. Also church is about offering your weekly sacrifice to God and to worship him, church isn't about us, but about God. Perry Noble has gotten very wealthy off of New Spring and the people there. So ask what he really does it for?

Re: What is wrong with moving your service cause of a football

Jan 22, 2013, 3:22 PM

Simple question, and you didn't answer it. Not surprising. You are right, service is about offering your weekly sacrifice to God and to worship Him, which is what NewSpring is all about, along with many other churches in the area. So, how do you know Perry has gotten "very" wealthy off of NewSpring? Do you have proof of that?

look at the clothes he wears***

Jan 23, 2013, 5:44 AM

BT, dont be retarded...

Jan 22, 2013, 3:39 PM [ in reply to What is wrong with moving your service cause of a football ]

"Church" is not a biblical thing. IT was created because of the biblical idea of "Fellowship of believers"

If you go to Church to check it off you're list as your "weekly sacrifice" than YOU have the problem.

In Acts, the group of people that did life together, helped one another, spent time with each other seeking God, praying, fasting, etc were the "Church".

The New Testament says nothing about a building or a certain day of the week. So if the fellowship of believers happens to be at the Superbowl then whats the problem? Just like the believers in the the new testament would meet for meals together. The point of FELLOWSHIP is being with likeminded people.

So maybe the church wants everyone to be together saturday instead of skipping church sunday night (because whether you like it or not some will). To me thats a church adapting to a congregation to insure that they're time is still spent together worshiping and seeking God.

Also, I guarantee you they have some event where you can watch the game AT the church on Sunday.

Sorry for the novel, but don't judge the "Church" until you understand what it is supposed to be about. Church is not what you give to God. Everyday you should be making sacrifices, praying, worshiping God through the work you do and how you love the people around you.

#endrant

Re: BT, dont be retarded...

Jan 22, 2013, 9:11 PM

Dude you completely twisted or missed what I meant. No our sacrifice that should be much during the week, is what we take as our sacrifice. Paul said DO NOT forsake the ASSEMBLY with others(CHURCH)not the BUILDING, the church is the body of believers. Also if you don't attend church with believers, then how can partake in communion? Do you partake in communion? Christ commanded we do say till he comes? Do you know what communion is? Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God. How do we hear? Preachers

Christ commanded we do say till he comes...

Jan 22, 2013, 9:26 PM

That's what she said.

Yes I do all of those things. Just think you're being a bit

Jan 22, 2013, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: BT, dont be retarded... ]

Judgey.

Re: Yes I do all of those things. Just think you're being a bit

Jan 22, 2013, 10:51 PM

You'll know them by their fruit. Also if it looks like the world, acts like the world, then it's probably of the world. God gave us the mold of the church, yet for whatever reason man thinks they can do their own thing. Call it what you will. I'm not the one who said church isn't biblical and that is a lie. Bible says we are to look out for false teachers and false church. I have listened to a lot of Noble's sermons and most doesn't line up with scripture. Most of his sermons are mainly prosperity,all about you, what Christ can do for you and he'll mix in some scripture to make it look good. Any time he gets criticized, he spends a lot of preaching time defending himself instead of preaching Christ crucified. Also when you keep count of how many you baptized and brag about it, are you really doing it for God's glory and who are we to say who got truly saved? You go knocked on anyone's door in this state and you'll be told that person is saved. Don't know how many times i've been told by a guy who is drunk as can be, yet he was saved, cause he prayed the sinners prayer when he was young. If that is all you have to do then what is 1st John all about? What did Jesus say about a tree that doesn't bear fruit? Cut it down and cast it into the fire. Love no the world, neither the things that are in the world, if you love the world, then the love of the Father isn't in you. Like I said Act's tell us what the mold of the church should be, so where do we get that we can add or change that? You may believe what you will, but when it comes to church, I go by what scripture says.

I'm not saying we should add or change anything... as I said

Jan 22, 2013, 11:02 PM

in my first post.

But who are you to judge the hearts of Noble or anyone at Newspring, drunk or not. It's not your place. That's all I'm saying.

The bible says if you have issue with someone, take it to them first. Don't go around bashing someone you don't know (and yes my family knows him personally).

Not saying I agree with all his doctrine, but I refuse to bash a guy who's devote his life to serving god and trying to reach people in our community.

No ill feelings BT, just think that you should think about it a little.

Of course no ill feeling

Jan 23, 2013, 2:07 PM

but why did Jesus tell us to beware of false teachers and why did he tell us to stand against false churches? If we keep quiet then how can we do these things? I put it against scripture and the way the church was molded by scripture and who are we to change that? Also for no one to see a problem with changing your services for a football game is mind blowing? What would Jesus have said to the disciples, if they wanted to do something like this?

It's not like they cancelled the whole weeks worth

Jan 23, 2013, 2:14 PM

Go on sunday morning instead of evening if you want. There is no issue here.

The bible says beware of false teachers so that your mind does not become polluted with false teachings. What is doesn't say is to go around trashing every church you don't agree with to the T, spreading slander and lies about someone you've probably never met.

If you don't like it, don't go. Tell your family and friends you don't feel that they should go. But don't constantly trash someone over again.

Have you contacted Perry about your feelings? The bible says to do that. Go to the individual, then the leadership, then the church. You have not right to trash Newspring or Noble. That is not biblical sir, and you are in the wrong.

I'll always warn for folks not to be deceived

Jan 23, 2013, 2:23 PM

Thousands of people flock to this and 100's of thousands flock to Joel Osteen. Also I know a lot more than you think about Noble. I have done a lot of research about the man that made me come to this conclusion, and I lined his teachings up against scripture and 90% of it is nothing but easy believeism, just pray a pray and your saved. Like I said please show me where the Bible says it's ok to change the way Church is done? Yet it's ok, according to whom?

Where do I keep saying its okay to change things?

Jan 23, 2013, 2:39 PM

Although to counter your point. Our modern do church (megachurch or small town baptist) it not a biblical infrastructure for community. It was created by catholicism.

Go read acts and you'll see how church is suppose to be

Jan 23, 2013, 3:17 PM

are these churches going by this model, if not, hen is it ok to do so? I'd say no, cause God gave us the model and we were never given the ok to change that.

http://members.toast.net/puritan/Articles/ChurchOrganization_f.htm

So you're against anything that is not a true discipleship

Jan 23, 2013, 3:21 PM

or house church model then? Sounds like what you're saying. I'd you're saying its not okay to deviate from the acts church model than all organized churches are wrong?

If it's not lined up with what God said

Jan 23, 2013, 3:24 PM

then yes it is wrong? Is man right and God wrong? Did God give us the ok to change that? It has nothing to do with the building, but what goes on inside the church? The Biblical church was an assembly of believers who shared a common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. It was much less formal than the church today.

It had multiple part-time pastors who shared the pastorate. The pastors had secular occupations and were not pressured by a fear of losing their livelihood. They could thus proclaim the Word freely, as conscience dictated. These pastors were also known as elders or overseers.

Church decisions were typically made by the elders. On common matters, the elders might solicit the views of the congregation. However, spiritual matters, such as choosing a new elder, were left in the hands of those who were spiritually mature.

Today's church operates much like a business, but the Biblical church functioned more as a family. The church did not own property, and was not encumbered by mortgages and full-time salaries. There was no formal membership. If an individual evidenced a genuine faith in Christ, He was freely accepted as a fellow brother in Christ.
The Biblical church was not a venue for entertainment. Singing was not used to entertain listeners; instead, the assembly joined together in corporate singing to worship their beloved Lord. The preaching ministry was not used as an opportunity for telling stories or jokes, nor for soliciting support for some social or political cause; instead, the elders preached God's Word out of heartfelt conviction, a genuine love for the God who had redeemed them with His own blood, and a deep concern for the sheep whom the Great Shepherd had placed in their care.

You do know the Sabbath is on Saturday, not Sunday….

Jan 23, 2013, 5:44 AM [ in reply to What is wrong with moving your service cause of a football ]

it changed to Sunday in the Christian church when the Roman pagan religion Mithraism got mixed with Christianity. Sunday was the day of worship for the religion Mithraism. No where in the Bible does it state that the Sabbath got switched to a Saturday. So that pretty much renders your point moot.

Re: You do know the Sabbath is on Saturday, not Sunday….

Jan 23, 2013, 1:55 PM

No that doesn't render my point mute, you're going by Jewish law and we're not Jews, we're gentiles. God said that one day a week should be set aside, that is all God cars about, Monday would be fine with him. See people like you go back to the law and try to hold everyone to that. Like shell fish, but forgetting or not knowing that Jesus fulfilled the law and made pork and others clean, when he spoke to Peter. Also must not read what Paul said about the Jewish Law not being held against Gentiles. Jesus fulfilled the law perfect and therefore we're to look to him and he is who makes us righteous, not in of ourselves. Paul said there are NONE good no, not one, Isaiah said our best is of filthy rags to God, so any good we do is Christ doing through us.

Scripture never mentions any Sabbath (Saturday) gatherings by believers for fellowship or worship. However, there are clear passages that mention the first day of the week, Sunday. For instance, Acts 20:7 states that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.” Paul also urges the Corinthian believers “on the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income” (1 Corinthians 16:2). Since Paul designates this offering as “service” in 2 Corinthians 9:12, this collection may have been linked with the Sunday worship service of the Christian assembly. Historically Sunday, not Saturday, was the normal meeting day for Christians in the church, and its practice dates back to the first century.

http://www.gotquestions.org/worship-on-Sunday.html

Message was edited by: Bryanttiger®

oh Jesus ####### Christ***

Jan 22, 2013, 3:15 PM [ in reply to They moved their night service to Sat night ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: oh Jesus ####### Christ***

Jan 22, 2013, 9:11 PM

So not only do you hate America, you hate Christ too huh? Boy you're one lost soul

Not true. They also moved their service because of Christmas

Jan 22, 2013, 3:25 PM [ in reply to They moved their night service to Sat night ]

one year. They can't have their folks messing up their Christmas by going to church can they?

So my point is.....wait I forgot what my point was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they move it this past Sunday because of the

Jan 22, 2013, 4:18 PM

AFC Championship game? I drove past the new Greenwood location Sunday evening and their parking lot was empty.

God created Football***

Jan 23, 2013, 5:41 AM [ in reply to They moved their night service to Sat night ]

What?

Jan 23, 2013, 2:24 PM

Man created football, and nothing wrong with that, until you make it an idol and it becomes more important than Church.

C.J.......watch that checkbook! They are gonna want

Jan 22, 2013, 5:12 PM

a little more than 10%!

Real good christians

Jan 22, 2013, 9:14 PM

http://phillyflash.wordpress.com/2009/12/09/should-perry-noble-resign/

Wow! So many words, thoughts, accusations and whatever??

Jan 23, 2013, 12:25 AM

BT, I don't even know where to start but am absolutely sure I can't type enough letters on this keyboard to stay in the discussion. I have attended NewSpring many times, listened many times online, and know many many folks who attend there and have had their lives changed due to the messege that is brought every week. ALWAYS about Jesus and a personal relationship with Him as the only way to be saved. BTW, never read that in your religious diatribes, just judgement and venom. Maybe you should step up, get from behind your keyboard and confront "these false teachers". I got a prediction- that will never happen. Besides if NewSpring is so evil, Jesus will take care of them. He doesn't need your help, and I am regretful thatI am here THINKING NewSpring needs me to defend them. They don't! Over and Out!

Perry Noble is licking his chops for Hopkins to be a 1st...

Jan 23, 2013, 5:47 AM [ in reply to C.J.......watch that checkbook! They are gonna want ]

rounder.

I am a Pastafarian and cannot support this message.***

Jan 22, 2013, 9:20 PM

Re: I am a Pastafarian and cannot support this message.***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:05 PM

Man, i used to be all up on that pasta. Them big bowls got me so fat! I had to quit because i let it get in the way of my relationship with my Lord Jesus and my neighbors, couldn't spread the true God love with my buried in bowl after bowl.

p.s. newspring is like every church some real believers/ true Christ-followers and some social/ economic ladder climbers. A life-long friend of mine plays keyboard for them and my respect for him, how he lives, how he loves and shows Christ in his life tells me that church isn't one big sacrilegious greed circus like many of ya'll are claiming. Thanks God bless

RAmen, but this is JesusNet, so whatever.***

Jan 23, 2013, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I am a Pastafarian and cannot support this message.*** ]

BT, I give up. You win.

Jan 23, 2013, 2:48 PM

I truly hope you rid yourself of this obsession. To me, I don't care how people are hearing the gospel of christ, as long as they are hearing it.

Good luck with everything brother. Just remember to represent Christ through how you live and how you love others, and it sounds like you're doing that at least to some extent, so well done.

It's not to say that there aren't churches or authors (rob bell for example) that I don't fundamentally disagree with on many issues, so I get where your coming from. But I would encourage you not to make it your mission to convice people not to read, attend any church that claims christ and the word of god as the center of their doctrine. I WOULD encourage you instead to tell others to be mindful, to challenge, to dig and investigate on their own whether something is true or false. It's not our job to tell them that.

Thats all I'm saying... anyway. I'm done.

Not about winning, but to get the truth of Christ out there

Jan 23, 2013, 3:21 PM

and to stand against the emerging church, you have your right to your opinion and I respect that. We'll have to agree to disagree and no my obsession is to stand for the truth and if something is against scripture, i'll stand against it. I just ask you to listen or read this

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/GTY107

Jan 23, 2013, 3:31 PM

I go to Newspring and wrote this...

http://keithsdeepthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/01/your-church-canceled-sunday-night.html

Well said!***

Jan 23, 2013, 3:48 PM

Where the Bible says church on sunday night?

Jan 23, 2013, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: C.J. Spiller's Super Bowl commercial for NewSpring church ]

The Bible says set a day aside to worship God, the day is 24 hours. If one can't see that canceling church for a football game is wrong. To move a service all because the super bowl is on is beyond worldly. So because the world watches this thing, the christian should to? We are to be different than the world and to give in and move our service, what is that telling the world? Love not the world, neither things that are in the world, if you love the world, then the love of the Father isn't in you

Also you missed the meaning to Jesus telling them to cast

Jan 23, 2013, 4:05 PM

their nets to the other side, it was to trust in him, not because they changed their methods. It is about putting your faith in him and he will deliver

Why it's wrong

Jan 23, 2013, 4:06 PM

the people who don't care about the game, and would rather be at church, are basically being told that the Super Bowl is more important than their weekly church routine.

"Scripture teaches that the job of a pastor is to preach the Word. That doesn't matter if God sends two or 3,000 people, the job of pastor is the same," Rosebrough said. We are not to go whatever means necessary to get folks to hear the gospel.

Someone said that 300 were saved last year due to moving

Jan 23, 2013, 4:14 PM

service. "The Saturday night services had record attendance and God saved nearly 300 people at NewSpring this weekend!!!" And God gave you an extra biblical revelation into the Holy Spirit regenerating those "nearly" 300 souls did He? They now have new hearts, a heart of flesh instead of a heart of stone? Without a doubt you know these people are now “born again?” Amazing. How many of them signed a card or raised their hands so as Perry Noble could count them and then tell EVERYONE "nearly" 300 got saved? R U sure it was "nearly" 300 noses he counted? How many of those "nearly" 300 hundred people will be walking with the LORD Jesus Christ in 10 years time? Did God save them or did they make a decision?

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic