Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Imagine being ahead of the National Institute of Infectious diseases
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 418

Imagine being ahead of the National Institute of Infectious diseases

May 14, 2020, 1:49 PM

For 36 years. Spending a major portion of your life preparing for a moment just like this. And being so unprepared and dumbfounded. It was HIS job to know the threat at the beginning and he played it off. He flip flops day to day, week to week. Imagine listening to this clown any longer. He should step down from his position immediately or be fired. Fauci in January “no threat the United States”. Fauci now “keep schools closed it the fall.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blows my mind why we just don't force every person

May 14, 2020, 2:02 PM

in the world to stay inside their homes for 4 weeks.

Whoever survives after those 4 weeks will continue live in a COVID-19 free world.

This ain't rocket science. It's just plain old normal science.

One can live with a blown mind, or accept that "no one

May 14, 2020, 2:13 PM

outside any house for any period for any reason, for 4 weeks" cannot be made to happen.

The issue is therefore how to manage reality. Like maybe pursuing your goal for the targeted at risk group, allowing the low/no risk group to carry on. Like not doing the opposite of that, forbidding the no risk group from going to school but allowing the at risk group to all go to Home Depot. What kind of bizarro world is that? Pining for a lockdown that cannot happen - the strategy of the left - is causing a very counter intuitive reaction to a relatively simple problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, that wouldn't stop it.

May 14, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Blows my mind why we just don't force every person ]

Even if you could force 8 billion people to stay in their homes for 4 weeks, which you can't. It's still carried by many other animals by now. Probably many we don't even know about yet. It would reemerge eventually. Tigers in the NY zoo got sick with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People keep wishing for a magical solution. If we just stay

May 14, 2020, 2:39 PM

inside, maybe it will decide we're not home and go away.

A certain number of people are going to have to get this. That is not a strategic decision: that is reality. There is no other way around it. And some of those people will die. The only strategic choices we have are how to go about allowing this to happen. So far we have wasted 10's of trillions of dollars trying to argue our way around it. Truth has a nasty habit of doing what it is going to do no matter what one thinks. If what we are doing is getting us the worst outcomes of all the possible scenarios, maybe we're hiding from the truth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People keep wishing for a magical solution. If we just stay

May 14, 2020, 2:46 PM

Cities all over the Country just spend MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars that they do not have to setup field hospitals that never even sniffed a patient. The one here had 1000 beds and 25 people.

The overreaction is just mind-boggling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, that wouldn't stop it.

May 15, 2020, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Sadly, that wouldn't stop it. ]

Tigers carried it, but they weren't sick. The animals for some reason don't get sick when they have it.

Every person? Is that a joke?....

May 15, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Blows my mind why we just don't force every person ]

You don't want your power to stay on? Or your water? Or a way to get food? Or a hospital if you get sick?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For 36 years the guy has been paid by the government.

May 14, 2020, 2:21 PM

As a business owner I am all to familiar with this type of situation. I have dealt with it many times over the years. The customer is always right. That's just how it is. Your boss is always right. Whoever pays you, is always right. Even when you know they're NOT right, they're right.

The way you handle this is to satisfy your boss, or your customer, even when you know they're wrong. You can point out a problem to them, and they can tell you you're flat out wrong, and that's fine. You pointed out the problem. Then you do as they say because at the end of the day, you know they will be back asking that you do what you suggested. And they do. Sometimes even, they will call back and apologize, and thank you. Most of the time they don't. But they suffer the consequences. You did your job.

Faucci knows what we're facing. He knows how this story ends. He tried to speak truth to power. Power didn't listen. It lacked the humility necessary to listen to others, and to make informed decisions. Power made a decision, and ran with it. It's a hallmark of poor leadership. Trump is surrounded by "yes" men and women. That's a dangerous place to be for Trump and for America.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with much of what you say. The addition I would

May 14, 2020, 2:49 PM

make - I don't think this is a disagreement - is that the truth in one's slice of reality does not determine the direction for everyone. IE, the often used example that science can tell us that we can go to Mars, but it says nothing about whether we should go.

A doc (maybe Fauci, maybe not) sees that X action could lead to Y cases. Fine. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not - they have been wrong all through this, but we'll give him the benefit in this hypothetical case - but he can and should make that case. When he then says, "We should therefore do Z", he is within his right to say that, but coming to another conclusion is not failure to listen to him, and it is not "denying science", as some - not you - will say. I too think the conclusion to "close all schools until this is over" has yet to be justified. It looks like Purdue and UGA will open, and does anyone want to bet there will be a bad outcome? No. So Fauci might be all about Fauci on that.

Fauci even said, in response to a reporter's question, "We have never recommended anything to the president that he hasn't done." That string might end soon (actually, it can't, because Trump can't open schools), but I don't think one can say that Fauci spoke to power and power didn't listen. According to Fauci, it did.

Again, I agree with much of your post. But policy disagreements about what to do with information is not failure to accept information.

Fauci has done more harm than good.

May 14, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to For 36 years the guy has been paid by the government. ]

He was against shutting down travel, said mask don't work, told people not to shake hands but having sex with people met on the internet is ok.

The guy is all over the map. Trump saying schools should open is just as ridiculous as Fauci saying they shouldn't. This situation is dynamic and no one knows what is best two months in advanced. We've never done this before.

Schools should get fully prepared to open just like on days here in the south when snow is predicted. Put it on the news the morning of. Trump is a politician, I might excuse him but I don't, however, Fauci is supposed to be a scientist and disease expert. He should know better than to try and predict the future with no possible way to judge what may or may not happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS...he is a scientist and changes his opinion...

May 15, 2020, 6:33 AM

based on changes in the data...you know, like one would want a scientist to do.

AND, he didn't say schools shouldn't open, he warned about the changing data related to children that differs from the initial data out of China and that children may be at a higher risk than initially thought....while also going out of his way to say that we don't fully understand this virus yet.

Expecting him to know in January

May 14, 2020, 3:45 PM

what we should be doing in September would be like expecting an NFL analyst to have told you what offensive weapons Tom Brady should have in Tampa, in January.

He should not be expected to predict the future. He's not Nostradamus. He is a scientist, and relies on the facts in hand at the time. And that's all we should expect.

Except what he said then was correct....

May 15, 2020, 6:29 AM

He said it wasn't currently a threat to the US, but that if it breaks out of China in a more significant was, it could turn into a Global pandemic.

The OP was either being intellectually dishonest or never actually heard or read bis statement.

I want you to post his entire statement you're....

May 15, 2020, 6:26 AM

Referencing about "not being a threat to America". I want to make sure you've read what he actually said and that you're not just repeating what you've been told.

Replies: 14
| visibility 418
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic