Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're Dabo how long do you stay with Fuller & Choice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

If you're Dabo how long do you stay with Fuller & Choice

Sep 12, 2017, 8:22 PM

to be the guys getting the lion share of the carries if we do continue win, but the running game from the RBs continues to be lackluster?

Yeah we'd be winning, but you'd think that struggles in this area would eventually catch up to us. The most likely result is that we become too dependent on Kelly in the run game and his body gets beaten up in the process.

In this situation, I don't the coaches would be willing to turn the page to Feaster and Etienne until after the VT game. The fear though is that might be 1 or 2 games too late.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're Dabo how long do you stay with Fuller & Choice

Sep 12, 2017, 8:27 PM

If it was up to me feaster would get 20 carries against auburn

Sep 12, 2017, 8:28 PM

Well, it's not up to either one of you. I look for more Fuller this week as long as he has shown the coaches the fumble was a one time thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fuller is a better wheel route runner than CJ was.

Sep 12, 2017, 8:27 PM

I don't know why we don't use it more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Hahahahaha

Sep 12, 2017, 11:24 PM

You're funny man, Spiller is past his prime and still runs that wheel route better than anyone

I would start Feaster and mix in Etienne and see how

Sep 12, 2017, 8:32 PM

He responds. But Feaster would be the guy I lean on.

I'd only play Fuller/choice in obvious passing downs or just situationally.

I think we've got to have a threat in the run game outside of Bryant to beat UL. Fuller and Choice are no threats. OK backs but do not compare to Feaster or ETN.

Sep 12, 2017, 8:34 PM

I go Etienne and Feaster now In that order. Fuller and choice have no pop out if the backfield

They're probably trying to get through the Louisville game

Sep 12, 2017, 8:39 PM

and then start giving more minutes to the young guys. Can't afford a lot of screwups from inexperienced and unproven players.

It's a fine line to walk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When they beat the starters out of the starting jobs they...

Sep 12, 2017, 8:41 PM

will move up on the depth chart. Neither is mature enough to block LBs and keep D-linemen off our QB yet. Sometimes won't do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll never beat them out just going by practice

Sep 12, 2017, 9:05 PM

Heck DW4 supposedly couldn't even beat out Stoudt in practice. They'll only have a real opportunity to beat them out with in game reps.

DW didn't start because of one thing.

Sep 12, 2017, 11:21 PM

If Dabo was going to err it was going to be on the conservative side. If he had started DW earlier and it had have turned out badly you'd have a reason to complain and an example of Dabo making a mistake.

The reason Dabo isn't starting some of the younger RB may appear to be trival to you and me. It could be a simple as Dabo knowing that they aren't giving 100% in practice. We don't know. I have confidence that whatever Dabo does is for the best for Clemson University, the football program, and each and every one of our player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW didn't start because of one thing.

Sep 13, 2017, 12:43 AM

Exactly. And none of the internet coaches are talking about Feaster whiffing on two blocks and Bryant having to run away, or Feaster going out on route when he didn't have anyone to pick up, and then pull up and not run route out. Bryant had to pull it down and eat it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS on that DW ####

Sep 13, 2017, 12:52 AM [ in reply to DW didn't start because of one thing. ]

I knew from the first pass of that Georgia Game he was light years ahead of Stoudt. I mean start out bad what are you talking about ok Tom savage is awesome too! Total ######## and anyone who saw that Georgia game knows if they hadn't take. Him back out and he got a hot hand we probably would have won that game and def. the FSU game and that season where does that put Clemson.....oh in the national championship again!

Message was edited by: Smedia10

Re: DW didn't start because of one thing.

Sep 13, 2017, 4:38 AM [ in reply to DW didn't start because of one thing. ]

> If Dabo was going to err it was going to be on the
> conservative side. If he had started DW earlier and
> it had have turned out badly you'd have a reason to
> complain and an example of Dabo making a mistake.
>
> The reason Dabo isn't starting some of the younger RB
> may appear to be trival to you and me. It could be a
> simple as Dabo knowing that they aren't giving 100%
> in practice. We don't know. I have confidence that
> whatever Dabo does is for the best for Clemson
> University, the football program, and each and every
> one of our player.

What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sep 12, 2017, 9:19 PM

It didn't matter who it was against Auburn. They had an awesome defense.
Imo, we'll see our share of the young backs this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until the possibility of breaking off longer runs becomes

Sep 12, 2017, 9:26 PM

more important than consistency and ability to carry out assignments. If we move the ball effectively with Fuller and Choice against Louisville, then they will not be overtaken by Feaster and Etienne. The longer we are unable to effectively move the ball on the ground, the sooner you will see the young'uns. Honestly, I look for Feaster and Etienne to get more and more carries as the season wears on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 12, 2017, 10:19 PM

Just until we lose a game and then I would play the actual best player since I was forced too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Rugby is back on top.
Dailypaul.com

In that game I was happy to see Choice and Fuller getting

Sep 12, 2017, 10:51 PM

the carries they did. I was really surprised at CJ's fumble - didn't look like he had it secure quickly enough before getting hit from behind.

From the participation chart shared earlier, Feaster was actually in on more plays than either of them, he was just doing more blocking for KB and decoy work. Imagine that.

I'm excited about all our guys at RB and what they have to offer this year. Whether it's 27, 9, 28, or 26 behind KB, I can't wait to see what happens next.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 1:04 AM

So far, neither of UL's opponents have rushed for more than 50ish yards total. It will be interesting to see how Clemson attacks them. I'm hoping for a Feaster/Etienne combo that works well. Our receivers should be open all night. I see Renfrow/Cain having a huge night.

Do they ever play Gtech

Sep 13, 2017, 1:09 AM

Lol that f up the fighting Lamars stats up bad not getting to be on the field for a whole quarter lol!

You're a helluva helluva helluva engineer..

Sep 13, 2017, 2:08 AM

Figure it out bumble bees....coot

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic