Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Passing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Passing

Jan 3, 2018, 3:41 PM

KB finished 44th in passing yards and 86th in passing TDs. He was blessed all season with a great defense and a mediocre schedule. The best 4 defenses we played (Bama, VT, Auburn, FSU), he was 69-116 for 641 yards, 1 and 2 INTs. He completed just 59% of his passes for an average of 160 yards per game, and 0.25 TDs per game. He’s simply an awful passing QB. No other way around it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are a terrible poster...

Jan 3, 2018, 3:44 PM

but you are blessed to have me here to clean up your thread

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won 12 games and made the playoff field as #1 seed.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:46 PM

However you shake it this season was a good one whether or not you think it was a rebuilding year for our offense.

Remembering back to when losing to USuCk ended our season may help you appreciate where we are now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what you said in Novmeber.

Jan 3, 2018, 3:53 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22570231

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I see dsp was batting in the 2 spot.***

Jan 3, 2018, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's not what you said in Novmeber.***

Jan 3, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to That's not what you said in Novmeber. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are saying he's/she's a flip-flopper?...***

Jan 3, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to That's not what you said in Novmeber. ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's not what you said in Novmeber.

Jan 3, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to That's not what you said in Novmeber. ]

That was obvious sarcasm. Look at how bad those numbers are in that older post.

I 100 percent agree with this "premise", but your...

Jan 3, 2018, 3:55 PM

delivery system is akin to an ICBM.

You made stinky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I 100 percent agree with this "premise", but your...

Jan 3, 2018, 5:35 PM

At least you are reasonable enough to agree that he isn’t a good passing QB. There are too many delusional people on this message board. He was the biggest weakness on the team. He’s the reason why Clemson couldn’t beat Alabama. Our defense played lights out for once against Bama. Imagine what the score would have been with Deshaun at QB and our defense playing that great. That game wouldn’t have been competitive, Clemson would have won by 3 or more scores. Instead, we had Kelly, and we lost by 3 scores.

Re: Passing

Jan 3, 2018, 3:55 PM

Passing TDs is a misleading stat, we had far fewer PTDs around the goal line than we did with DW4 because we were able to run the ball in instead.

You're also cherry picking 4 defenses in the top 18 and saying look how bad he was, but that's what most QBs are going to look like in a snapshot against the best defenses.

Jan 3, 2018, 4:46 PM

I said “4 best defenses”

Clemson could have easily gone 0-4 in those games, but he was bailed out in 3 of them by stellar defensive performances. He’s a terrible passing QB, and all of the fans that defend him are delusional. Just admit what everybody else already knows.

Jan 3, 2018, 5:10 PM

You have a pretty inaccurate definition of "bailed out."

First, against Auburn, VT, and FSU he had 0 interceptions meaning he did turn the ball over passing in 3/4 games you mentioned the defense "bailed him out on."

Second, it's nice of you to take away one half of his skill set (running the ball) and mention just the passing aspect. In 3/4 games he averaged 71 yards and scored 3 touchdowns.

Finally, including the Alabama game is pretty much a dumb argument for any of our offensive players due to the fact that the line didn't protect well, we had terrible field position all night, etc.

I'm not defending him or saying he is a great passing QB, but to call him terrible is just absolutely absurd and there is no way we could have "easily gone 0-4 in those games."

Jan 3, 2018, 5:31 PM

I’m just amazed that you can’t agree with me when I say he’s a terrible passing QB. He threw 9 TDs in 12 games against Power 5 opponents. That is Georgia Tech type numbers, and they run a flexbone/wing-T offense.

Jan 3, 2018, 4:00 PM

While his numbers were not great, he did a decent job for his first year at the helm. And he was not asked to throw all that much. I think he's a good college qb, but that's it. And of course his numbers were not good against the top competition. Look at Jalen Hurts' numbers against the tough teams. There are probably only a handful of qbs who put up big numbers against top teams.

Jalen Hurts is not expected to win games with his arm

Jan 3, 2018, 4:06 PM

they are a run first, run often, run dominant team. Top 5ish before Clemson held them to > 100 yards below their season average and over 2 yards /carry below as well.

I'd say Clemson's offense is QB centric and relies dominantly on the play there as the fulcrum point of the offense.

Clemson had a great year, 12 wins, 3rd ACC Title in a row along with another playoff appearance. KB2 is a wonderful Tiger, tremendous young person from all accounts and I would not trade him for any. He's CU through and through and yes, this was his first year at the helm.

He needs to get better for Clemson to get better. I expected a similar offensive effort should Clemson have faced UGA's pressing defense - Kirby Smart aka Saban light.

BOOOO!

Jan 3, 2018, 4:01 PM

Call me a sunshine kind of guy, but he has lots of other great QB talents.

Stop raining on our parade and go join the Outback Champs. They have a winner of a QB?

Jan 3, 2018, 4:16 PM

We didn't have to pass to win those games so why would we? Besides Bama ofcourse. He still play well against them just had zero time and right when we got into a good flow on the O that play happened and it is on him as well as the RT and RB for not making the block. He will be back and better next year when he leads us all the way.

Jan 3, 2018, 4:27 PM

You are one uneducated person on sports if you think Clemson's schedule was mediocre. How many ranked teams did Clemson play compared to your coots ? The coots had less than a mediocre schedule. It has been ranked as very weak, hence your record.

Coots schedule is even easier next year***

Jan 3, 2018, 4:40 PM

Jan 3, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Passing ]

Who were the good teams that we played in the regular season? Auburn and Virginia Tech. Who else? The schedule was easy. You’re crazy if you don’t think so.

Jan 3, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Passing ]

Who were the good teams that we played in the regular season? Auburn and Virginia Tech. Who else? The schedule was easy. You’re crazy if you don’t think so.

I have vowed not to never give a Thumbs Down again but your

Jan 3, 2018, 4:56 PM

post is pushing my limits.

Message was edited by: don't do it MfO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have vowed not to never give a Thumbs Down again but your***

Jan 3, 2018, 4:58 PM

Jan 3, 2018, 5:00 PM

I LMAO!!! That was hilarious. Didn't know if anyone would catch that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2018, 5:01 PM

Lol, it was a sneaky move for sure.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic