Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BCS playoff hurts Big Ten
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,156

BCS playoff hurts Big Ten

Jun 28, 2012, 9:51 AM

According to this article, BIG got screwed:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120628/COL08/206280558/Drew-Sharp-New-college-football-playoff-will-leave-out-Big-Ten-teams?odyssey=nav|head

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BCS playoff hurts Big Ten

Jun 28, 2012, 10:11 AM

Slive is the smartest guy in the room. He brings guns to a knife fight. Kind of reminds me of that old Bond movie, "The Man With The Golden Gun". Bond went into the ring to meet his adversary. His opponent did the customary Asian bow prior to battle. Instead of bowing back, Bond kicked him in the chopper while he was bowing and knocked him out. Slive is Bond. He fights dirty.

I don't know if we have a chance to get into the Big 12. But I do believe the Big 12 with the SEC will dominate college football and get the major portion of playoff money for years to come. If we do have a chance to get in and don't pursue, we may be making as big a blunder as we did in the early 70s when we didn't leave the ACC. If we had been an independent in 1991, the SEC would have chosen us. USuCk would be dying in the Big LEast. Think about that. We would be practically in a one-school state, for all intents and purposes. We would benefit like LSU does being in the same state with Tulane.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BCS playoff hurts Big Ten

Jun 28, 2012, 10:57 AM

artical was fantastic.... all it did was ##### about how the new system is bad because it would leave the big 10 out, while simultaneously complaining that the big 10 hasn't had many teams in the top 4 of the current system. all it said was the big 10 deserved a spot at the table because of it past tradition. very poorly written, it had no point

If Clemson had left the ACC in the 70s, our athletics....

Jun 28, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS playoff hurts Big Ten ]

would have the history of SCar athletics.

That guy doesn't know what he is talking about...

Jun 28, 2012, 11:03 AM

and neither does anyone else on this issue. They have not revealed the multipliers for the factors determining the SOS, RPI and Conference championships.

On a brighter note, it was reported yesterday that the selection committee would be comprised of 15 members with every conference represented. When a school is considered the relative member will leave the room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody is so scared...Lets just play some football...

Jun 28, 2012, 1:58 PM

Win and we're in. If Clemson starts winning on a consistent basis, we will start in the top 10 and going 12-1 would give us a seat in the playoff.

Re: Everybody is so scared...Lets just play some football...

Jun 28, 2012, 2:12 PM

That would be great and would could cross that bridge when we get there.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,156
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic