Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson DB gets $24 million deal voided by Panthers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson DB gets $24 million deal voided by Panthers

Mar 16, 2018, 4:53 PM

Former Clemson DB gets $24 million deal voided by Panthers

Bashaud Breeland won't be headed to the Carolina Panthers after all. The Panthers were set to sign the former Clemson defensive back to a three-year deal worth Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB gets $24 million deal voided by Panthers

Mar 16, 2018, 5:46 PM

Reallly? Way to go Panthers. Missing out on a great player over something stupid.

Well...

Mar 16, 2018, 5:15 PM

There is no doubt that the Panthers were not aware of this injury. They wanted to sign a healthy DB. Nobody would offer a big deal to a guy that's injured and not 100%. That cut could get infected and require additional surgery.

Players avoid risky behavior in contract years for this exact reason.

This exact scenario was protrayed in the HBO show Ballers. The big time player had an agreement on a contract and just needed to clear the physical. He goes out with his buddy to play paintball and twists his ankle. The team finds out and he misses out on the contract.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well...

Mar 16, 2018, 5:20 PM

Bashaud's cut IS infected.

With that said, it sounds like his agent made them aware of it ahead of time and they just changed their minds once they saw it with their own eyes. I have a hard time believing that the Panthers will find a better option at CB with their cap space, and considering we're almost six months from the start of a new season I feel like Bashaud could probably have recovered in time for camp.

This is likely the Panthers and their well-noted aversion to never take on even an ounce of risk. Scared money don't make no money.

But I guess that's why they're doctors and well paid executives, and why I work a 9-5.

Mar 16, 2018, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson DB gets $24 million deal voided by Panthers ]

I have never even thought about pulling for them sumbitches, and now I know I never will regardless if one of our own plays for them. FK the Panthers and Charlotte NC!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB, sign with Green Bay, we need you!

Mar 17, 2018, 2:14 PM

B

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2018, 6:40 PM

No Clemson fan should be a fan of the panthers. They go out of their way to not draft Clemson players

FOR A CUT???

Mar 16, 2018, 7:17 PM

Dude will heal up just fine for a cut. Tom Brady had a huge cut to his THROWING HAND 4 DAYS before the superbowl and almost won it and the Panthers are scared of a DB with a cut 6 months before the season starts!?!?!

What a shame. I guess it would be wise to stay in your house and avoid ANY injury until you are under contract. It's only like a 2 month wait...

Screw them.***

Mar 16, 2018, 7:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical Panther crap.

Mar 16, 2018, 7:48 PM

Jerry is selling at a good time.

Sign with the Falcons and make them pay

Mar 16, 2018, 8:10 PM

on the field. Two losses a season will hurt their playoff hopes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sign with the Falcons and make them pay

Mar 16, 2018, 8:34 PM

THere's an infection and he needs a skin graft. You can see how that might linger on for a while, maybe a long while.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:25 PM

I guess they finally found out he graduated from Clemson. I thought we had pulled a fast one on them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2018, 10:19 PM

MAN I HATE THE PANTHERS. Once again they refuse to sign a solid tiger player. Please Lord let him get signed ANYWHERE in the NFC SOUTH, pick Cam off a few times, and clean Newton's clock off a blind side corner blitz! What a beautiful payback that would be!!! Panthers Suck- i hope they lose every game for the next 10 seasons.

dude.. that proves it. There’s some diphole in the front office

Mar 16, 2018, 10:18 PM

Who is adamantly against Clemson players. I joked two days ago that the coot was out of the office that day they signed him and would be pist to find out they signed a Clemson player. Guess what.. he came back. And voided the deal.............screw Carolina..! I might be done with em!

screw em breeland

Mar 16, 2018, 10:28 PM

sign with someone else. preferably a team in their division. Falcons maybe? that way a few tigers can beat them and wish they hadn't been so anti-clemson

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like only part of story reported

Mar 17, 2018, 9:41 AM

Sad for Breeland ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic