Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BB Replay: (#19) North Carolina vs. (#20) Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,574

BB Replay: (#19) North Carolina vs. (#20) Clemson

Jan 31, 2018, 3:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ams1egsVL5Q
Enjoy! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, just watched it over, Bilas, on every foul that UNC

Jan 31, 2018, 5:34 PM

made against Clemson, he wondered why a foul was called, even when the Tiger went sprawling. He never questioned a call against the Tigers. Bilas was biased for sure! Really, when call against UNC, where the Tar Heel smashed Thomas adam apple, he said "it could have gone either way". That was vicious hit under the chin, and Thomas head snapped back dangerously. Rightfully, the refs called it a blatent foul. But Bilas was not having it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am normally not sensitive to commentators bias, but

Jan 31, 2018, 6:13 PM

Bias Bilas last night really took the cake, never heard anything like the crap he was saying last night, , it was like he was not watching the same game nor same footage...just flat out awful ...and he stayed with it , never took anything back .. he should not be on the air ,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, just watched it over, Bilas, on every foul that UNC

Jan 31, 2018, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Wow, just watched it over, Bilas, on every foul that UNC ]

I think most people here still have some orange-colored glasses on in regards to the commentary. There were PLENTY of times that Bilas either criticized the play of North Carolina, complimented the play of Clemson or criticized the officiating (when in favor of either side).

For example, check out the play where Thomas backs down two defenders in the post at the 9:35 mark in the first half. They clearly state a foul should have been called, calling it a mugging.

Jan 31, 2018, 7:40 PM

They are just looking foe reasons to hate on espn.

Jan 31, 2018, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, just watched it over, Bilas, on every foul that UNC ]

Yea. I don't get these people and their conspiracies. The only negative comments I recall were on the flagrant foul, but I don't think there was any ill intent towards Clemson. He said ET should've been called for a foul when he had two hands on the UNC guy under the basket. Idk if that's the rule but he said it was. Maybe it is maybe it ain't but he wasn't saying it because he hates Clemson. Last negative thing I remember was when he talked about how stupid the foul by ET was when Berry stole the ?? from him. He was right. That was a stupid foul.

not sure why everyone gets their panties

Feb 1, 2018, 7:33 AM

In a wad over announcers- Bilas has been fairly complimentary of us over the years. The flagrant could have been called or not- it was borderline. The 2 hands by Eli would have been more agregious had they called that as one hand was not doing anything. It was only touching him because the player backed in. The play I didn't understand what Bilas was seeing/talking about was when Reed scrambled across the court horizontally and clearly beat the UNC player to the ball and the UNC player blasted Reed. The officials correctly called a foul on UNC but Bilas was somehow seeing this as a 50/50 ball where the players arrived at the same time. Reed clearly got to the ball first so it's the other players job to avoid

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,574
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic