Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
B game will beat VT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

B game will beat VT

Nov 29, 2016, 8:09 AM

We just gotta go out and keep the turnovers to 2 or fewer and be able to convert 3rd downs and get TDs in the redzone and we will win by 2+ TDs. They haven't played well in the past 5 games except for against a 2 win Virginia team. We haven't played an FBS team that blows as much as Virginia all year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care for B game talk...not even A-.

Nov 29, 2016, 8:23 AM

I hope you are right but there is only one level at which to play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Bring the "A" game

Nov 29, 2016, 8:23 AM

This is not the same offense that was run under Beamer. The Hokies dink and dunk their opponents with occasional stretch passes to Ford and the tight end Rogers is a load. The defense is still stout under Foster. Clemson cannot afford to look past this team or all of us will be looking outside at the playoffs. GO TIGERS!

Sorry, but it will take all we have to beat them.

Nov 29, 2016, 8:27 AM

No, they are not FSU or Auburn. But they are dang sure Pitt or NCSU quality and we know how those games played out.

It will take our A game. If we do protect the ball then yes, we could win comfortably, but it will take great execution to get to that point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry, but it will take all we have to beat them.

Nov 29, 2016, 8:40 AM

Ummm I think they are Pitt quality. Just not as good on offense as Pitt and a better secondary

Nov 29, 2016, 9:55 AM

VT doesn't have a James Conner type RB... so Pitt definitely gets the advantage there. We do have a returning 1000 yard rusher in Travon McMillian but he's had a disappointing year.. and we've had several RBs go down with injuries. Marshawn Williams was lost for the year again after the ND win.

VT has the better QB and WR corp though (compared to Pitt), at least IMO. Evans had a monster year for VT, and the WR corp has played great all year.. Ford, Hodges and Phillips are legitimate threats across the board.

My biggest concern in this game is how VT defends Watson... especially his ability to get out of the pocket. If Bud Foster has a chink in his armor, it's stopping the dual threat QB.

Nov 29, 2016, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Sorry, but it will take all we have to beat them. ]

We played our C or D game versus Pitt and F game versus NCST. We need to bring the A game to blow them out but if we come out sluggish a solid B game would still win.

Questions: Why would you ever want to play your B-game?***

Nov 29, 2016, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be like golf, where I would like to play my normal

Nov 29, 2016, 10:48 AM

game, just once. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: B game will beat VT

Nov 29, 2016, 10:18 AM

we darn sure better bring our A+ game. Tech has a good defense and pass rush. They have a good juco qb and as the hokkie said, they dink their opponents with good blocking and short quick passes with sustained drives. they've done well recruiting oline too and the receivers are excellent. They tend to push off and get separation but I guess the way their taught they know how to get away with it... No, this team cannot be taken lightly. Tennessee only beat them because va tech fumbled 5 times and got a punt blocked inside their 20 yrd line. could and should have won that game. D wasn't disciplined like ours was in the ga tech game and ga tech ate clock and scored. only head scratcher to me is the cuse game. my apologies in advance for the long post but we need to put coot heaven behind us. we got work to do and then a month to relish the season. C U n Orlando !!!!! I'll have my A game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic