Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remind me again why assault rifles are sold?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Remind me again why assault rifles are sold?

Feb 14, 2018, 9:15 PM

I know. I know. Now is not the time to talk about this. Too soon. He could have used anything as a weapon, will we ban those too. Thoughts and prayers will make sure this doesn’t happen again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's playing right now.

Feb 14, 2018, 9:16 PM

Give it another 2 or 3 minutes then we can resume with the partisan trolling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mass shootings are partisan?***

Feb 14, 2018, 9:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh cut your bulllshit.

Feb 14, 2018, 9:38 PM

And F your thumbs down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn’t thumb down any of this

Feb 14, 2018, 9:58 PM

Stop being a snowflake worrying about fake points too.

LOL, of course you didn't.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:05 PM

Why would you ever puss out and thumbs down something when you're making such effective arguments with random dead kids posts. That's the saddest part, you can't admit to being a passive aggressive ######.

Re: LOL, of course you didn't.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:06 PM

Easy Obie....easy now

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fair enough.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:08 PM

I'm pisssed about the game. Dave was just sand in my swimsuit. Sorry Dave.

Show me one post you think I thumbs down

Feb 14, 2018, 10:17 PM

I can give it a thumbs up and prove I’m not the thumbs down culprit.

Can you do the same?

A) I don't really care at this point.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:33 PM

B) I'm not sure what you mean by "Can you do the same", but if you're talking about proving I didn't thumbs down, it would be easy since it's impossible for non-donors to do.

B) Good point***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:35 PM

I have no reason to thumbs down people who have a different view

Feb 14, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to LOL, of course you didn't. ]

Still waiting on your effective argument. You’re a sensitive elf.

Oh, and you're assuming I have a different view.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:10 PM

I probably don't. I do take issue with people who seem to just be waiting for something bad to happen to jump out of the woodwork and post tired talking points.....and that's on both sides of the argument.

Trust me, I wish this wasn’t happening

Feb 14, 2018, 10:15 PM

Frustrated that nobody attempts to find a solution. Surely there’s something we can do. Baby steps. Anything.

Hey parents: If your kid is causing trouble at school, don’t give them access to your guns.

You just summed up a huge part of it.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:22 PM

Engaged, involved, and effective parenting doesn't seem to enter the equation in many of these situations at all.

If this guy can make the types of posts he was making supposedly on social media, and no one, especially his parents, step in, there are too many people asleep at the wheel who shouldn't be.

i asked you before but forgot-what's your solution***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:04 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Focus on high capacity magazines

Feb 14, 2018, 10:11 PM

Let people keep their guns. Figure out a way to slow down the reload or how many bullets can be shot in a short time period.

Appears that banning ‘assault rifles’ won’t do much even though they’ve been guilty in many recent and high profile massacres. Plenty of other guns can be just as deadly.

Also require a training and safety every few years. Part of the ‘well regulated militia’ concept.

I don’t understand why people are okay that this keeps happening without attempting solutions.

What are your thoughts? Or should we keep the status quo?

i'd start with people that shouldn't have guns legally

Feb 14, 2018, 10:16 PM

still can buy them because they pass background checks
seems people with mentall issues are not reported cause doctors don't want to go dowm the hippa laws
i'm pretty sure this was the case at va tech

it takes little to almost no time to change a magazine

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy fix: Make sure any gun sold is a musket***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:18 PM

Re: Focus on high capacity magazines

Feb 15, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Focus on high capacity magazines ]

The problem is, everything you are proposing is a horrific violation of people's human rights. So, thanks for playing, but no.

Stop focusing on guns, they aren't the problem.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that I'm taking a position, but how in the world...

Feb 15, 2018, 3:58 PM

is limiting the size of a magazine a violation of one's human rights?!?!?

Are you saying we have a human right to have large capacity magazines?

If so, then don't we also have a human right to own 50 caliber machine guns and hand grenades?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not that I'm taking a position, but how in the world...

Feb 15, 2018, 4:10 PM

Any infringement on the 2nd Amendment is a violation of a crucial human right. We have the right to forge tools to protect ourselves. The creation of tools is human nature, as we humans cannot survive in nature without this ability. The right to protect yourself manifests itself in what tools modern technology can provide. 30 round magazines and semi automatic rifles are that standard now, just as the musket was 200 years ago, and the sword 1000 years ago.

And you can already own .50 cal rifles and hand grenades, if you can afford the tens of thousands of dollars it costs to acquire them.

As a matter of fact, back during the 1700's, people owned muskets, puckle guns (an early Gatling gun), primitive grenades, and cannons. I recall a story of a church in Boston that owned their own private cannon to fend off natives and later the British. Merchant ships were privately owned vessels that were outfitted with dozens of cannons to fend off pirates, privateers, and naval ships from unfriendly nations.

A few points....

Feb 15, 2018, 5:41 PM

"Any infringement on the 2nd Amendment is a violation of a crucial human right."

By that statement, you are saying that the US is the only country that provides this "human right". You seem to be defining a human right much more differently than I do.

Do you believe there should be any limitation by the government on what kind of weapon you can own/buy?

"And you can already own .50 cal rifles and hand grenades"

I didn't say "rifle" I said "machine gun" and the common citizen cannot own a 50 cal machine gun. Also, hand grenades are Title II weapons and many states do not allow ownership of Title II weapons and then only with a license.

United Nations Human Rights don't outline guns

Feb 15, 2018, 6:07 PM

The closest is how one interprets these example rights. Arguments can go both ways
- I have the right to be safe while high capacity weapons endanger that
versus
- I have the right to acquire weapons to keep me safe

Example UN Rights:
3. The Right to Life. We all have the right to life, and to live in freedom and safety
5. No Torture. Nobody has any right to hurt us or to torture us
14. The Right to Seek a Safe Place to Live. If we are frightened of being badly treated in our own country, we all have the right to run away to another country to be safe
17. The Right to Your Own Things. Everyone has the right to own things or share them. Nobody should take our things from us without a good reason

http://www.youthforhumanrights.org/what-are-human-rights/universal-declaration-of-human-rights/articles-1-15.html

That is the wildest argument I've seen so far

Feb 15, 2018, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Not that I'm taking a position, but how in the world... ]

Congratulations I guess.

For crazy folks to gun down innocents & have the proper

Feb 14, 2018, 10:35 PM

Weapons to combat the deep state.

Realistically it doesn’t matter at this point, not sure why this is News. State or local Gov’t will not do anything in my lifetime.

Are dead children in schools in the Ole USA shocking. Are 50 plus dead on the Vegas strip unexpected. Not really.

Guns have been around since before schools

Feb 15, 2018, 3:41 PM

What is driving people to gun down innocents in schools or other public venues. What else in society correlates with the increase in occurrence? Does is coincide with the internet, social media, GMO's, enriching foods, cell phones, the Gamecocks first bowl win?

This didn't happen before Columbine. That's what we need to figure out. Not throwing silly policies at guns.

Re: Guns have been around since before schools

Feb 15, 2018, 4:08 PM

It's a political gun grab.

Horse shid***

Feb 15, 2018, 6:23 PM

they used to institutionalize mentally ill people

Feb 15, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Guns have been around since before schools ]

now they give them a prescription and they walk the streets like me and you.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/asylums/special/excerpt.html

Yeah. And apparently a lot of them get memberships on TNET.

Feb 15, 2018, 10:33 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic