Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Axing for a frin...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 550

Axing for a frin...

Feb 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

My frin noticed on their bank statement payments they didn't recognize... So far they go back to at least November and they strongly suspect even farther. The account has since been closed. Its over 3k. Months ago a frin of the frin had asked for help with bills and they obliged. Last week they began to track this down and my frin's, frin said they may have accidentally used their account thinking it was their own( they had the account # written down). They said the would pay it back over time. My frin said ok, however the person is dragging their feet to begin the payback. They are acting as if their mistake should be forgiven and are mad now that they should be held accountable for fraudulent activity and are not reluctant to pay it back. My frin is hurt by this... It is a lot of money to them. They just want the person to pay them back over time and at this moment don't know if they will ever see it.

My frin wants to know what you would do?

Go...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Small claims court?

Feb 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

Or just press criminal fraud charges. No one accidentally spends money out of someone elses bank account.

ROH

Tell your friend to tell his "friend" that if he doesn't

Feb 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

have full payment in 90 days, he will call the cops. Then he can figure out how to pay for bail, lost job, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell your friend to tell his "friend" that if he doesn't

Feb 27, 2018, 9:50 AM

Deer cops I gave someone access to my checking acct and they spent my money. Put them in jail

There's a question of how "criminal" the activity actually

Feb 27, 2018, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Tell your friend to tell his "friend" that if he doesn't ]

is/was. If somebody hacks your account and steals your money, it's obviously a crime. If you give somebody access to your account...then what? Wouldn't law enforcement say "take it up with your friend, friendo."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If someone at BB&T steals money from your

Feb 27, 2018, 9:55 AM

account, and you gave them the account number obviously, then would they be in trouble? If you put your credit card number into some website that ends up being fake, and they run up charges, is that a crime? If your accountant steals your identity, is that illegal?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those would all fall under criminal business activity.

Feb 27, 2018, 9:59 AM

A friend with access to your account doesn't have the same applicable laws and regulations. You could certainly take them to small claims court, but I don't see much recourse beyond that. Of course, I ain't no attorney neither.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious what exactly the extent of access he gave

Feb 27, 2018, 10:35 AM

to his "friend"...which I'm starting to believe the "friend" is OP since he's been so quiet since making the post.

Did he just send his friend his banking info and told him to log in and pay the bills one time? Did he give him a check and the friend lifted the info from the check?

Either way, it sounds like there is a valuable lesson to be learned here, if you lend money to a friend in trouble pay in cash and only give an amount you are comfortable losing

It cost you $20 to get him outta your life

Feb 27, 2018, 10:47 AM

https://youtu.be/78-4RobJQ0Y?t=1m7s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Power locks ruined the other piece of advice he

Feb 27, 2018, 10:55 AM

gave about the girl unlocking your door after you let her into the car

Every time you give someone a check...

Feb 27, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to There's a question of how "criminal" the activity actually ]

for services rendered, you provide access to your checking account and routing numbers.

I’ve often wondered why this doesn’t happen more often.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B/c people you give a check too don't know how to use

Feb 27, 2018, 10:21 AM

the internet

Trade payments for sexual favors from friend's hot wife/

Feb 27, 2018, 9:51 AM

sister/mom/daughter (all depends on legality and level of hotness)

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might I suggest

Feb 27, 2018, 9:52 AM

Pork Shoulder
16 dollops of mayonnaise
8 dollops of Yellow Mustard
2 tsp cumin
6 TBsp CUMMIN!!!!
2 cups vinegar
dash of liquid smoke
1 bay leaf
1 bottle of Four Loko, you chose flavor
half can of skoal long cut

Low and slow for 8 hours

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Step 1 - consult lawyer

Feb 27, 2018, 9:55 AM

Step 2 - call cops

Step 3 - Milk in the freezer

Step 4 - profit

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot to check the lint trap.***

Feb 27, 2018, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

wilbur82, lol

Feb 27, 2018, 10:26 AM

That is sooooo 2011. Milk in the freezer is the new hotness.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fairly simple.

Feb 27, 2018, 9:56 AM

Sneak up behind 'friend' with a rag soaked in chloroform, toss limp body of 'friend' into windowless van and transport to a secluded cabin in woods where their screams cannot be heard. Duct tape 'friend' to chair rendering them completely helpless. Torture 'friend' until 'friend' agrees to pay back the money, even if robbing a liquor store with a gun carved from a bar of soap is the only recourse for 'friend' to gather the necessary funds. Once 'friend' has paid back the money, repeat the process, but this time shoot 'friend' in the kneecap as a 'friendly' reminder that playing with your money is like playing with your emotions.

This is a foolproof method tested many, many times and works EVERY time.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Learn from this ridiculously easy to avoid mistake and cut

Feb 27, 2018, 9:58 AM

ties with the friend permanently. Which includes breaking into their home and stealing anything of value that can be quickly obtained.

That said, I am in a unique position to help said friend. I recently acquired a large sum of money from a Nigerian Prince, and must unload some of it for tax purposes. I would be more than willing to help make your friend whole again, and even give them some extra money for their trouble. All I'll need is their bank account information, social security number, and any credit card information that can be provided. Remember, one bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is spoiled. Tell them not to lose their faith in humanity yet, we can make this right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shoot that person in face***

Feb 27, 2018, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

And, call The Wolf.***

Feb 27, 2018, 10:31 AM

Re: And, call The Wolf.***

Feb 27, 2018, 10:32 AM

blow your frind's

Feb 27, 2018, 10:12 AM

brains out

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First,

Feb 27, 2018, 10:17 AM

If in fact $3000 is a lot of money to fran.. It would be for most people.. How in the world did it take months to realize this money was missing.

Two.. Really dumb move by fran...

Three... small claims court will get him to have a judge tell him in fact that fran of fran does owe fran money... Well that's helpful..

Can't bleed a turnip.. Money is most likely gone forever..

Lesson learned.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: First,

Feb 27, 2018, 11:58 AM

Frin admits it was a dumb mistake. Frin noticed it before, made a note of it and failed to follow up with the bank. Probably got distracted and forgot.

I don't understand how they were able to withdraw $$

Feb 27, 2018, 10:19 AM

just by knowing someone's account number...if someone writes me a check then I know their account number and bank's routing number, this means I can empty their account?

BRB, about to empty some accounts

No.. But you can #### sure

Feb 27, 2018, 10:21 AM

use it to pay online bills if you know their zip code.

GO TIGERS!!

I would think name would have to match up?

Feb 27, 2018, 10:23 AM

Home address is on checks too

Nope..

Feb 27, 2018, 10:26 AM

I have paid bills for family online... All you need is name on account, address, acct #, and routing #.

GO TIGERS!!

And right there you say that you have to enter the name

Feb 27, 2018, 10:34 AM

on the account which would immediately show that this friend knew exactly what he was doing when he was spending money out of his friends account.

ROH

Well yes, I thought that was obvious

Feb 27, 2018, 10:37 AM

He's never seeing that money again barring some mafia type ####, even with a legal judgment I'm guessing the guy doesn't actually have the money to pay him back

Re: I don't understand how they were able to withdraw $$

Feb 27, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I don't understand how they were able to withdraw $$ ]

They were using account # to make payments on 2 credit cards.

Seriously, this person is NOT a friend.

Feb 27, 2018, 10:28 AM

That person is a parasite.

You may need to employ harsh language, I mean REALLY harsh.

Here's what I would do

Feb 27, 2018, 10:44 AM

I would drug the frin and then make segggs on his ######## while he was passed out and then leave him a note saying that his dad was the one who left him like that and that no one has ever loved him and that some people have loved him a little too much to the point where they will make love on his butt.

Sorry. This sounds like a $3k lesson.

Feb 27, 2018, 10:45 AM

Expensive lesson = this person is not your friend's friend.
No one accidentally spends $3k over a few months.
In this day and age, there are ways to help people out financially without giving them access to your accounts. I know that is hindsight in many respects, but the truth is the truth.
Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. At least we hope he has learned his lesson and won't be doing this type of thing again.

That reminds me, I need some help with a bill. Could you tmale me your friend's information?

Replies: 34
| visibility 550
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic