Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: FSU QB not worried about Death Valley crowd noise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 51

Football Update: FSU QB not worried about Death Valley crowd noise

Oct 16, 2013, 1:40 PM

FSU QB not worried about Death Valley crowd noise

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll find out that "Inexistant" noise will ruin your existance !

Oct 16, 2013, 1:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ohhhh nooo, that young man does not know that you never

Oct 16, 2013, 3:31 PM

challenge the fans at DEATH VALLEY!!! THE RECORD FALLS FOR YOU MR. WINSTON!!

yeah, that sounds like someone talking who has NO IDEA

Oct 16, 2013, 9:25 PM

WHAT IS ABOUT TO HIT HIM!!

BE LOUD, Death Valley!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: yeah, that sounds like someone talking who has NO IDEA

Oct 17, 2013, 10:50 PM

I am going to be hoarse for a week!

Re: Football Update: FSU QB not worried about Death Valley crowd noise

Oct 16, 2013, 1:44 PM

Sounds like a challenge to the Clemson fans to me. Time to make his ears bleed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2013, 10:27 PM

I so hope that record falls on every offensive play that FSU O plays. He may not be intimidated by the crowd noise. But I'm sure of this, I was in DV the afternoon when we went into OT with Miami, and I was in DV the night when McDaniel's lowered the boom on Ponder!!! When I left heading back to Dumplumbia, I had to turn my radio volume in my truck up over half way to listen to the post game interviews. So, I'm willing to bet that everything said to Winston after this game, he will say huhhh, I can't hear you, could you speak up please!!!:( I'm also willing to bet that Winston will be affected by the Tiger fan stadium noise in more ways than his hearing being screwed up. Winston made it a point of saying that he respected Clemson's FB team and Tajh. He also made it a point to let Clemson's fan base know that he didn't have any respect for our fans crowed noise being able to affect him. OOOPS, you did it Winston, you will never make that mistake again in 2015, I promise you that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo just face-palmed when he heard about this

Oct 16, 2013, 1:45 PM

I hope this gets the fans who aren't usually loud that little extra reason to go crazy Saturday night.

After a few botched audibles and a few delay of game

Oct 16, 2013, 1:46 PM

timeouts, he will understand a little better about crowd noise. Hard to be in that zone when you can't check off a play at the line, call any audibles, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After a few botched audibles and a few delay of game

Oct 16, 2013, 2:09 PM

and then once that happens it will really get loud

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Becoming "famous" for having foot in mouth. PLEASE Boy!***

Oct 16, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to After a few botched audibles and a few delay of game ]

Re: After a few botched audibles and a few delay of game

Oct 16, 2013, 3:35 PM [ in reply to After a few botched audibles and a few delay of game ]

He will learn a valuable lesson from the response to his comments. I would bet Jimbo is very disappointed in his QB's interview right about now, and Saturday night will be one of those teachable moments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

half dozen false starts, 3 and 27s...There is NO way he can

Oct 16, 2013, 10:18 PM [ in reply to After a few botched audibles and a few delay of game ]

manage this game. 5th-yr Heisman candidate found it tough. In fact, his 1st play in the 2nd half was a delay of game. A 5th yr senior.

Crazynuts

lol....All you can do is laugh at him...he has no idea.***

Oct 16, 2013, 1:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol....All you can do is laugh at him...he has no idea.***

Oct 16, 2013, 3:37 PM

His answers that were posted on here yesterday sounded pretty good. The whole story shows up in the full interview. My guess is on Sat. P.M. he would like a do over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love your post !!!

Oct 16, 2013, 6:20 PM [ in reply to lol....All you can do is laugh at him...he has no idea.*** ]

LOL... he doesnt have a ### clue, does he. LMAO, he will by 9 something.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, I thought the dumbos bringing the spirit bongo

Oct 16, 2013, 1:49 PM

were stupid ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well now I'm certain we get blown out by this modern day Socrates

Oct 16, 2013, 1:51 PM

Maybe he is so stupid he will look smart Dumb and Dumber style.

Added photo***

Oct 16, 2013, 1:59 PM

Finished!

Oct 16, 2013, 2:02 PM

- TXTF

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snot nosed Freshman needs.....

Oct 16, 2013, 2:02 PM

a BIG dose of a DEATH VALLEY A$$ kicking!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly he's not a math major

Oct 16, 2013, 2:05 PM

10,000 people = not loud so 10,000 + 70,000 must = not loud...

Re: Noise is one thing, Primal Scream Therapy...

Oct 16, 2013, 2:05 PM

will psych you out. Famous Jameis last words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there somewhere we can find the full transcript, audio,

Oct 16, 2013, 2:06 PM

or possibly even the video of the interview?

I found a link

Oct 16, 2013, 2:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e076MA8a5ps&feature=youtu.be

Re: I found a link

Oct 16, 2013, 7:22 PM

Question - He says in this interview that he was allowed to be on the sidelines at away games for FSU last year so he knows how loud it can be - he references being on the sidelines at NC State - Isn't he a true freshman? Is this allowable if he was not enrolled at FSU? Can anyone shed light on this for me?

he is a redshirt freshman.***

Oct 16, 2013, 9:26 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

If there is a video.....It should be played on the Jumbotron

Oct 16, 2013, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Is there somewhere we can find the full transcript, audio, ]

prior to the game.....with the reminder to the fans ......we are trying to set a world record.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 16, 2013, 2:08 PM

Well he's certainly not going to say " Oh i'm deff worried about it man, idk if I can handle it". He knows damnnn well what's in store for him, he'll have a different opinion when its over with I promise you. Or he'll be alil B**** and make up some lame excuse about not executing but the noise had nothing to do with it.

It's on.

Oct 16, 2013, 2:08 PM

I ate a snow cone so i'm prepared for a trip to Antartica, i'm not worried about the cold....what a dumba$$.

In a few more days, he will realize...

just how rediculously foolish that statement really was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm glad he thinks that his HS has prepared him

We've got to get absolutely nuts on Saturday. The dude is a good QB. I'll give him that. But there's no way he can try to compare his HS experience to one of the best (personally considered to be THE best) college football atmospheres and fans in the nation. Keep on thinking that you can just waive us off Mr. Winston. We will surely be a major factor that you have to deal with on saturday, and that you will remember. And good lord, I hope we pull out a win. Go Tigers!

Re: I'm glad he thinks that his HS has prepared him

Oct 16, 2013, 2:23 PM

I doubt he has ever conceptualized the moment, but...

the noise will be at brain scrambling levels when Beasley has him flat on the turf.

He will be forced to pick himself up and pretend it isn't really happening.

Trickett said the same thing a few years ago...

Oct 16, 2013, 2:20 PM

Look at him now!

He's right.

Oct 16, 2013, 2:28 PM

The crowd won't be wearings the pads and the Orange #3 jersey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Added another quote and embedded the interview video***

Oct 16, 2013, 2:30 PM

Hey Jamesy ....

Oct 16, 2013, 2:33 PM

it's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

It is time I said it again......

Oct 16, 2013, 2:36 PM

There is stupid and there is FSU!

What we know...

Oct 16, 2013, 2:46 PM

He'll be playing on the biggest stage of his career,
Against the #1 sacking team in the country,
And the #1 3rd down defense in the country,
Against an offense that has shown it can put up a ton of points that he'll have to keep up with,
In a stadium that has openly said that they hope to break the world record for stadium noise, and no one has said "they can't do that,"
In a night game.

Go get 'em, Jameis! If playing in front of 10k high school fans hasn't prepared you for this, nothing can!

Oh, and Pitt and BC have to really take that personally. He played in front of 65k and 40k at those respective venues, but he says that the 10k he played in front of in high school is what has prepared him for Death Valley.

null

Oct 16, 2013, 2:52 PM

The kid is absolutely right! Anyone who really believes that the fans can control the outcome of an athletic contest between two very focused teams is totally clueless, or has never participated in athletics! Excepting the Steve Bartman debacle in Chicago a few years back, fans should not control the players on the field. A truly focused athlete, at any level, ignores everything except within the confines of the playing field. The ridiculous myth of 'the home crowd helping their team' is pure P.T. Barnum. All the coaches and AD's really want is for the fans to buy tickets, and if they can scam the fans into believing that they're actually helping the old home team to win the game, so much the better. Plays are signed in, and have been for years. Most line checks are signs, so scream to your little heart's content. Just know this. If the Tigers whip FSU, and I certainly believe they will, it will not be because of the fans in the stands, no matter what PR baloney the coaches or players say afterwards. Football games are won or lost on the field of play....not in the bleachers!

Oct 16, 2013, 3:28 PM

Ok, then sit outside while everyone else stands and yells in the stadium. If signals aren't verbal how did we get 3+ false starts, a couple delay of games, and two time outs due to the clock expiring against BC? That wasn't just a fluke. How come these college football teams have crazy home winning streaks and their home records are much better than away records? That isn't just luck. It isn't hard to play infront of 10,000 people but when you literally can't hear yourself think, that's a different story. Home field advantage isn't a farce.

Oct 16, 2013, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: FSU QB not worried about Death Valley crowd noise ]

> The kid is absolutely right! Anyone who really
> believes that the fans can control the outcome of an
> athletic contest between two very focused teams is
> totally clueless, or has never participated in
> athletics! Excepting the Steve Bartman debacle in
> Chicago a few years back, fans should not control the
> players on the field. A truly focused athlete, at
> any level, ignores everything except within the
> confines of the playing field. The ridiculous myth
> of 'the home crowd helping their team' is pure P.T.
> Barnum. > Football games are won or lost on the field of
> f play....not in the bleachers!

Crowd noise can most definitely IMPACT the outcome of a game, no matter how "truly focused" the players are! In fact, what is the likelihood that ALL 22+ players (offense & defense)are playing IN SYNC at that "truly focused" level the ENTIRE game? In an away stadium of 80k+ fans? Players as young as 18 years of age? A game that's being broadcast on national tv w Heisman implications??? It's ludicrous to think noise is not a factor!

Btw, have you ever watched a PROFESSIONAL golf event or a tennis match?!? The slightest unexpected noise or distraction can throw even the elite, "truly focused," seasoned veteran! How much more can an 18 year old rookie be impacted?

Oct 17, 2013, 7:26 PM

Keys words in my post being "should not" and "focused teams". The reason golf and tennis pros are distracted is because they are not used to the noise. Ever caught one of those World Team Tennis matches on satellite? Cheering, screaming , and yelling doesn't affect play one bit, the players (same pros) just ignore and focus on the job at hand. For truly focused athletes, all the fans' noise in the world has minimal effect on their performance.

Clemson fans, now you have your challenge. Do your job.***

Oct 16, 2013, 3:00 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm on it!***

Oct 16, 2013, 7:59 PM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I was INEXISTENT once but I took a laxative***

Oct 16, 2013, 3:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few blown blocking assignments

Oct 16, 2013, 3:03 PM

Causing him to get pile driven by the best d line in the country,and he'll realize how it works. If he can hear above the ringing in his ears...

Mama said Knock Him Out***

Oct 16, 2013, 3:06 PM

Are we allowed to

Oct 16, 2013, 3:13 PM

Destroy Free Shoes drum with Tillman's Pitchfork ?

Oh My! Bring the freakin noise! Make his ears bleed Tigers!

Oct 16, 2013, 3:14 PM

Nm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Sounds like a challenge!!! cant wait to knock that smug grin

Oct 16, 2013, 3:17 PM

right off his seminole face. BRING IT WINSTON....

I'll bet he has nightmares about the 4th quarter and

Oct 16, 2013, 3:28 PM

WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU !!!!

I hope he eats the grass every play!! *******

Oct 16, 2013, 3:31 PM

Re: I hope he eats the grass every play!! *******

Oct 17, 2013, 10:22 AM

He wouldn't be eating any of the choice grass, Tommy Bowden has already eaten all of that.:)

Oct 16, 2013, 3:34 PM

I only half agree with Winston. I think the noise will affect him, but good teams execute at a high level no matter what. We need to not get complacent with home-field advantage. We still have some tricky road games this season.

Oct 16, 2013, 3:37 PM

As Yoda says.....You will be!

Oct 16, 2013, 3:42 PM

Reminds me of the interview given by Major Harris. How did that work out for him? Hmmm?

Mama Winston may be begging by half time.....

Oct 16, 2013, 4:13 PM

Please leave my baby alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mama Winston may be begging by half time.....

Oct 17, 2013, 8:08 AM

"No they're not giving him any protection. He's running for his life out there."

Talking smack to our team is one thing...

Oct 16, 2013, 3:53 PM

Talking smack to the crowd in Death Valley is another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that ladies and gentlemen is what we call

Oct 16, 2013, 4:37 PM

IGNORANCE!

The poor boy just does not know any better!

However, he will know quite well come 11:30 Saturday night!

Also, for Winston's sake, I hope Ponder contacted him to let him know that he should not prevent our DB from scoring a TD after the interception. It's just not worth ending your season, Winston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Noise rule

Oct 16, 2013, 4:43 PM

Does anyone remember when you could get a penalty for to much noise. Is this still the case?

using noise makers I think. Artificial means...***

Oct 16, 2013, 4:47 PM

My brother called me from the upper deck at the GT

Oct 16, 2013, 4:46 PM

night game and said the stands are literally vibrating. So much that he couldn't read the texts on his phone I had sent. Y'all make it happen

Oct 16, 2013, 4:51 PM

I can promise that he is going to be EXTREMELY sorry he EVER uttered those words. He has no freaking idea what NOISE IS, but he is about to learn. And while he is being schooled, I certainly expect our defense and Beasley to personally pound the point home to him by knocking him on his ### more than a few times. BRING IT ON NOLES - LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT!

The comment he made about momentum is left out of the

Oct 16, 2013, 5:04 PM

summary in the article. I don't see a big deal in what the kid said. He acknowledged from a momentum standpoint, the crowd will be big and could give them trouble, but from a preparation standpoint, he feels like he and his team is ready for the noise and can make it "inexistent", whatever that is, lol. I don't think the dude, nor any QB, is going to say,"Man, we aren't going to know what to do once that noise hits. I'm probably just going to crawl into a fetal position and suck my thumb." The guy is saying what I would think they would say.

not at all

Oct 16, 2013, 6:15 PM

what most respectful players say is something on the order of "we know it's a tough environemnt. We're preparing for the challenge." He didn't come close to this. He's a cocky guy, no doubt.

Okay, so he went a bit off the "######". Again, nothing he

Oct 16, 2013, 6:27 PM

said bothered me. Nothing wrong with being a little cocky...it isn't like he threw his hand out like,"##### please? We are going to roll them like a joint. That crowd ain't nothing." I'm seeing a couple of clips right now on WYFF. I just don't see it. Seems like a kid excited to play at the Valley.

Uh, you can't say the word s-c-r-i-p-t? Can't figure that

Oct 16, 2013, 6:28 PM

out....

We will see if he is right or not.***

Oct 16, 2013, 5:06 PM

Disrespectful little twit!***

Oct 16, 2013, 5:38 PM

...until he gets here...

Oct 16, 2013, 5:54 PM

...and gets punched in the face....

GO TIGERS !!!

After Sat Famous Jameis can go back..........

Oct 16, 2013, 6:20 PM

to making chocolate chip cookies. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awwww - he doesn't even know, what he doesn't know...

Oct 16, 2013, 7:36 PM

Ummmm, if you've never played in front of 80k+ at that noise level, then you don't know what it's like to play in front of 80k+ at that noise level...hmmmm, scratching my head on his comments...

Prepare to be Pondered.

Oct 16, 2013, 8:01 PM

You little ####.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 16, 2013, 8:58 PM

JAAAAAAAAAAAY----MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! JAAAAAAAAAY--MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Oct 16, 2013, 9:53 PM

You will be..........You Will be.

He should talk to former FSU player. Chris Rix

Oct 16, 2013, 10:00 PM

Said that Clemson's Death Valley is the loudest place he ever played. I think Weinke had a similar quote.

Or any other player that has played against us in DV***

Oct 16, 2013, 10:05 PM

Re: Or any other player that has played against us in DV***

Oct 17, 2013, 8:19 AM

Yeah, all that noise really screwed up Dylan Thompson (a second string QB) last November in the SC game, didn't it? I guess without the 'crowd noise' he would have maybe passed for 400+ yards against the Tigers?

Yawn at QBs talking big till the play us this year***

Oct 16, 2013, 10:15 PM

Fast forward to 1:38:00 and ask that guy about DV noise.

Oct 16, 2013, 10:59 PM

http://youtu.be/DTasKZdvqrg

Read the bama and UGA fan comments as well.

Re: Fast forward to 1:38:00 and ask that guy about DV noise.

Oct 17, 2013, 10:50 AM

Key words being "fans" and "that guy"(announcer).

You r aware your paltry poultry still have a shot, right?

Oct 17, 2013, 7:34 PM

Yet you are back to your old habits of living vicariously through your rival. Tenn should be on your mind right now- not us

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...yes...yessssssss***

Oct 17, 2013, 12:09 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, that statement shows he is very in-intelligent

Oct 17, 2013, 7:30 AM

My, you can't make this stuff up. I remember one night at the Red Carpet Lounge.............

Famous Jameis?

Oct 17, 2013, 10:43 AM

Just the same as/
the last 5 noles who/
tried to tame this/
valley!

I think he's going to be in for a surprise Saturday night.***

Oct 17, 2013, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Thats good...Itll be even MORE Disruptive then***

Oct 17, 2013, 12:46 PM

Duh, he has the new Boise noise canceling earphones***

Oct 17, 2013, 7:46 PM

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Oct 17, 2013, 10:49 PM

He may not hear the noise in the Valley but, Vic loves Famous Amos cookies. He will be eating on Saturday night. Did you hear that?

Replies: 90
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic