Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now's the time for you give advice on improvements to D.V.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Now's the time for you give advice on improvements to D.V.

Nov 29, 2018, 6:25 PM

LETTER FROM DAN RADAKOVICH
Dear Clemson Family,

The 2018 home football season was one full of incredible moments and memories and we thank you for your support of our student-athletes, including our seniors who became the winningest class in ACC history on Senior Day this year. The entire Clemson community takes great pride in making gamedays memorable and we want to always put forth our best effort to make the “Clemson Experience” a truly special one unlike any other in the country.

Towards that end, we will be seeking your feedback as the athletic department and IPTAY consider improvements to Memorial Stadium. We have partnered with CSL International, a sports facility planning and advisory firm located in Frisco, Texas, to conduct a market study to determine the support for potential improvements to Memorial Stadium.

At this point, no decisions have been made regarding future action but your input is crucial in our on-going search for ways to continue to meet both our “Best Is the Standard” approach to our football program and your needs as a supporter of the program.

Being a proud member of the Clemson Family, your opinion is extremely valuable. You will be receiving an invitation to participate in the survey between December 5-7. Be sure to check your inbox and spam folder to ensure you receive the survey.

Thank you for your continued support! Your participation in the survey will provide valuable information to allow IPTAY and Clemson Athletics to provide the best game experience for our fans and student-athletes.

Dan Radakovich

Director of Athletics

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now's the time for you give advice on improvements to D.V.

Nov 29, 2018, 6:31 PM

Dippin" Dots in 3 ... 2 ... 1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let the bands play college pep songs LIVE..

Nov 29, 2018, 6:45 PM

and cut out the piped in OR funky stuff!

These bands are about 700 muscuans strong and practiced many hours a week..and after the pre & half time shows they are relegated to short whiffs during plays.

I know, certain players like the funky loud stuff but remember majority of fans don’t seem to and they are the major $ supporters of Clemson football & IPTAY, imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the funk, and I will be 60 next month.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:35 PM

Most importantly, the students and players like the funk. What if in 1977 Tiger Band played music for the older fans. If that were the case, they would have been playing Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey big band tunes from the 1940’s..

It is also easier to interject 25 seconds of funk for the students and fans to start bouncing and going crazy on a critical 3rd down for our defense. That is hard for the band to pull off, easy work for a DJ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like the funk, and I will be 60 next month.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:18 PM

I’m only 54 and I remember when we watched and paid attention to the game so we knew when a big 3rd down was coming up and we got extra loud without music telling us to. Heck I even did it on the road at Tech this year just to prove I could pay attention in somebody else’s stadium. Now get off my lawn!

Clemson does both, they are not mutually

Nov 29, 2018, 8:54 PM

exclusive, they compliment each other.

Re: I like the funk, and I will be 60 next month.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to I like the funk, and I will be 60 next month. ]

Lol, I gave both of you T'sUp...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let the bands play college pep songs LIVE..

Nov 29, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Let the bands play college pep songs LIVE.. ]

How exactly did you determine that the majority of fans don’t enjoy it?

Nov 29, 2018, 6:48 PM

Major enhancement to the east end zone with a much larger replay screen and some luxury suites. Keep team entrance in same place but replace hill with a tunnel under the luxury suites and replay screen.

Totally agree!!***

Nov 29, 2018, 7:36 PM

Nov 29, 2018, 7:00 PM

Fill The Hill

fix the seats where people over 5’10” can fit

Nov 29, 2018, 7:07 PM

This applies to DKS & Littlejohn too

Nov 29, 2018, 7:08 PM

Supplement the student attendance on the hill with some affordable general admission tickets to ensure the hill is always full for every single game. Young families who may not be able to attend will be able to, on the famous hill. This will help expand the base of Tiger fans for the next generation.

And fix that weird bottleneck issue which is preventing the left side of the hill from being full when the players arrive to run down the hill. That really shouldn’t be so complicated.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:14 PM

I'd like to designate a section of The Hill for kids to slide on cardboard boxes during games - like the good ol' days before we filled in the corners of the west endzone. It would enhance the overall 'family' experience we're looking for.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:19 PM

Dan can give me a permanent chair for four for each home game that zips up and down the sideline like booger McFarland has on Monday night football!

Nov 29, 2018, 7:28 PM

Speaking of zip, that's a great idea - zip lines that run from the top of each upper deck to the bottom of the other. Kids can ride across during games, then climb the stairs and ride back. Even more 'family' fun than cardboard boxes on The Hill.

Best idea yet! I would LMAO watching and listening

Nov 29, 2018, 8:10 PM

at kids screaming down that line.

We could also using the screaming kids to distract our opponents. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take a page form FSU and put up some sun shades for the

Nov 29, 2018, 7:17 PM

early games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nov 29, 2018, 7:20 PM

Put stands on the hill, leave the hill open in the middle for out standard entrance. Win. Win. Kids could slide down the hill( middle section) and due to more comfortable seating, the "hill" will always be full

Nov 29, 2018, 7:27 PM

Unsubscribe.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Now's the time for you give advice on improvements to D.V. ]

No don't ruin the hill. Just be sure it's full.

Awful idea!***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Now's the time for you give advice on improvements to D.V. ]

Would love to see

Nov 29, 2018, 7:38 PM

“Welcome to Death Valley” sign lit up at night.

And other signs if possible.

Larger video board.

Fix the paw and lettering in top deck to match the field and new age.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:38 PM

Allow fans to go onto the field during the game. This waiting around until the game is over takes too long.

Perfect!***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:18 PM

1) Free tickets for one game a year like

Nov 29, 2018, 7:48 PM

the coot/Akron game

2) Giant, suspended disco ball over stadium for entrance during night games

3) My own, personal restroom

4) A canal to the lake so I can park my boat close to the stadium

5) Cash drop from helicopter after every game so ESPN can finally nail why we allow fans on to the field

Death Valley Improvements

Nov 29, 2018, 7:59 PM

1. Commit to use the video boards more often during games. The fans who buy tickets and sit in the Memorial Stadium should get as many replays as any fan who watches the games on TV.

2. Make radio broadcast available inside the stadium with a local boosted signal so that fans who want to hear play by play can do so.

3. Build several more restrooms inside the stadium and outside the stadium in the bigger parking lots.

4. Build more concession stands inside the stadium to serve fans faster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 7:59 PM

Clean attended restroom facilities in the parking lots. More “places to go” in the stadium restrooms. Restrictions placed on scalpers outside stadium. Implement methods to identify and eliminate fake tickets. New larger video screen. Bring back balloons. Bonus IPTAY points for long time consecutive year membership.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:10 PM

-- Better microphone mix for the band.
-- Most concessions in Atlanta have had luck going cheaper prices. Let's try that.
-- Find a way to fill the hill like it was before.
-- Let's add a new Championship banner on the side of the building
-- Add another layer on west end zone if we need more seating

Nov 29, 2018, 8:19 PM

Figure out a way to get the hill back to the way it was several years ago. Full and rocking. People should not be able to sit down during the game with a beach towel like they are in the park, this isn’t wake forest or uva.

Larger video screen and scoreboard in general...need this sooner rather than later as we are way behind here compared to a lot of places. If we can’t, at least fix the tiger tail so it moves again. Could this really be that expensive of a fix?

Need something to replace the balloon portion of the hill entrance. Attended every game this season and something just seemed off and missing on the entrance without balloons. It just lacked some the magic and hype of years past imo. The fireworks behind the hill for the Duke and USuCk game helped some, but it is only really feasible for a night game and it was too far away to really make much of a difference.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:39 AM

NCTiger8818 wins my award for best improvement ideas.
Also liked whoever posted concerning
piping radio broadcast in the concourses and restrooms..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 8:25 PM

Add 40,000 more seats to Death Valley.

Build Very lg. Pkg Garages close to stadium.

Add more RV Parking w/hookups.

Add more tailgating spaces.

Tailgating and parking can be further from stadium if enough shuttles are added and are kept running hours before, during and after game.

Have special game day undercover police targeting scalpers and fake ticket sellers. These can be "reserve" police officers of the Clemson University PD. https://www.thebalancecareers.com/police-auxiliary-and-reserve-programs-974454

More concessions and restrooms inside and outside of stadium. Have more brand name concessions such as Wendy's, Burger King, McD's, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, BBQ, Subway, Firehouse Subs. Kentucky Fried Chicken, etc.

Have Family night in Stadium on Friday night before Sat game w/family friendly activities.

Have concerts in stadium on Fri. night before game on Sat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dan could start by referring to it as Death Valley like.....

Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 PM

the rest of us do.

Fill the hill. It doesn't cost a stinkin dime to do!***

Nov 29, 2018, 9:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 9:41 PM

Leave the Hill as is for cheap general admission seats. Build a second deck behind the hill with luxury boxes adding 6000-8000 seats.

Nov 29, 2018, 9:56 PM

Upgrade the sound system. Had the opportunity to attend Alabama games a couple of times and their sound system is distributed around the stadium instead of blasting everything from one end of the field. It sounded great.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Upgrade the sound system. Had the opportunity to attend Alabama games a couple of times and their sound system is distributed around the stadium instead of blasting everything from one end of the field. It sounded great.

More parking --- can be remote with shuttles***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:22 PM

Nov 29, 2018, 10:26 PM

I am tired of being smaller than the elite stadiums. Expand Death Valley to 110,00 seats.

Figure out some way to get shade over the North and

Nov 29, 2018, 10:33 PM

South stands for those God forsaken nooners in September. Something like the Hard Rock Stadium open air Shade Canopy...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Figure out some way to get shade over the North and

Nov 30, 2018, 7:22 AM

7 pm kickoffs would do a lot to shade the stands for the early games!!

Nov 29, 2018, 10:53 PM

1 ) Don't ruin The Hill and sections GG

2 ) whatever

Nov 30, 2018, 7:24 AM

I would be happy with better Verizon service and bathroom faucets that you don't have to hold down to wash your hands.

Bring back the balloons but release the balloons

Nov 30, 2018, 7:32 AM

have them go up a few thousand feet then evaporate into a fine mist of sea turtle food which will eventully make its way to the SC coast

Nov 30, 2018, 8:16 AM

East end zone JUMBO TRON!

"Real" stadium seating with arm rests and cup holders.***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:40 AM

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Nov 30, 2018, 8:44 AM

Give some money to Boston College so that they can install bathrooms in the upper deck!

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic