Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Two Tigers have tryout with Panthers on Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,120

FB Update: Two Tigers have tryout with Panthers on Friday

May 12, 2016, 9:11 PM

Two Tigers have tryout with Panthers on Friday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impossible

May 12, 2016, 9:12 PM

Don't the Panthers know that the Panthers would never give a Clemson player a shot?

Re: Impossible

May 12, 2016, 9:46 PM

Classy. And not that I'm choosing a side, but pretty sure only argument was about drafting, not trying out or even playing for.

Go Tigers!

Obviously they have been reading tnet

May 12, 2016, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Impossible ]

And this is a lame attempt to quell the anti-panthers sentiment. But we aren't so easily fooled.

May 13, 2016, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Impossible ]

Didn't they sign Peters or some DB to a practice squad contract or something last year. They cut him before the season though as I recall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2016, 9:49 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/13623/an-undrafted-panthers-rookie-to-keep-an-eye-on-cb-garry-peters

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-cut-garry-peters/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2016, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Impossible ]

I can't see any team not taking a guy that looks to be better than what they have just bc they went to Clemson. I just don't see that happening!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome, the panthers have a need on OL and MrClemson

May 12, 2016, 9:24 PM

would be a great get hopefully he makes the team

I was just thinking if somebody would give Mac

May 13, 2016, 8:40 AM

A shot was all he wanted. As we all know the draft has become overrated in many aspects. Tons of great players have made it that were not drafted. Hope they both do great!

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Well said, Grasshopper !

May 13, 2016, 9:11 AM

In the Draft, a given team comes up to pick and they are looking for a specific type of player at the specific time .... ie we need and a DE, never mind that there are 5 great OL available, we already fine on that .... its all a timing, who's picking, what they want thing. Thus, that's why many great players "fall through the cracks".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said, Grasshopper !

May 13, 2016, 1:26 PM

On the next year draft, do anybody see Ben Boulware not getting drafted? He has been a monster for us, but will his size not cut it for NFL teams?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said, Grasshopper !

May 13, 2016, 2:33 PM

Hard to say... But look at this year's draft. There were only 2 prospects listed under 6ft, neither got drafted.

And despite racking up 46.5 tackles for loss, 23 sacks and 12 pass break-ups over three years as a starter for the Sooners - one of them was Eric Striker. He is listed at 5'11" 227 with a 4.8 40 speed. Odds are definitely against you being a linebacker under 6ft in today's game unfortunately.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,120
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic