Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bought my plane ticket last night for Boston!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 348

Bought my plane ticket last night for Boston!

Nov 6, 2018, 9:55 AM

First time in Boston ever. What are some must see and do things on Friday and Saturday prior to the game?!?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EAT CHOWDAH AT RED LOBSTAH THEN GO TO CHEERS AND

Nov 6, 2018, 10:08 AM

HAVE AN AUTHENTIC SAM ADAM'S BEER.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurry! Go to the World Series!!!***

Nov 6, 2018, 10:09 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think I can find some decent tickets??

Nov 6, 2018, 10:14 AM

?

I can print some up... I mean round some up.***

Nov 6, 2018, 10:31 AM

Have you possibly given any consideration to going to the

Nov 6, 2018, 10:25 AM

Boston Mall and shopping for deck shoes?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually haven't but I just bought some new Sperrys

Nov 6, 2018, 10:31 AM

so I think I'll be ok. I just have to go buy some Chubbs, a polo shirt, and some Ray Ban aviators and I'll be all set.

I've still got a pair of leather covered Aviators from 1989

Nov 6, 2018, 10:33 AM

that I'd probably sell you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that case...

Nov 6, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I actually haven't but I just bought some new Sperrys ]

you may want to find one of those really cool Dave And Buster's places and get drunk while playing video games. That's not something you can easily do at home, you know.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great city! A few suggestions............

Nov 6, 2018, 10:35 AM

Go to The Long Wharf and eat at Legal Seafood. It's much better than the tourist trap Union Oyster House.

Hit the below early Sat. morning for Bloody Mary's with Guinness in them and talk to the old 'connected' Irish and Italian guys you will have a blast. It's a small dive bar.

https://www.durtynellysboston.com/

Great beer and food here.... Cambridge location.

http://www.lordhobo.com/

Walk the North End (Little Italy)

Fenway tour is great if you love beisbol.

Heading to the game this is the place to Bargate. It will be packed with orange. Last stop on The T (not sure which line) Get off and it's to your right. 10 minute walk to the stadium

Cityside Bar

citysidebar.com

1960 Beacon St, Brighton, MA 02135

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome! Thanks for all the info!

Nov 6, 2018, 10:56 AM

We will definitely hit up some of those!

Don't know where you're staying, but find a good Irish pub

Nov 6, 2018, 11:10 AM

and get some excellent corned beef. Next to Lobsta, what they do best in that town.

If you like architecture, tons of great churches around the Boston Public Library in Copley Square. Trinity Church is stunning.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60745-d105254-Reviews-Trinity_Church-Boston_Massachusetts.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=1593240

The Prudential tower is near there too, go to the restaurant at the top and have a cocktail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Juss did a long weekend there in Sept.....

Nov 6, 2018, 11:23 AM

If you like history, go walk some or all of the Freedom Trail. In particular the Old North Church and the Granary Burying Ground are fascinating.

You can skip Faneuil Hall....used to be cool 20+ years ago, but it's in full speed tourist trap mode these days.

Walk the North End area....it's got local culture for days, and you've gotta swing by Mike's Pastry and get something good to eat. They're known for their cannolis but I got something different because I can't eat a cannoli ever since I saw Van Wilder.

Skip Chinatown....it's safe, but it's generally run down, grungy, and doesn't even have good knockoff luxury goods for sale.

Lassly, it's pretty cool to take the T across the river and walk around Harvard Yard. It's a pretty special place.

Have fun dood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best gnocchi I have ever had is at Al Dente

Nov 6, 2018, 12:46 PM

https://goo.gl/maps/42Q6UZVsnst

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Gnocchi is the name of Chef Pisghetti's cat on

Nov 6, 2018, 12:56 PM

Curious George. He and George get into shenanigans a few times.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There’s this great pizza place called S’Barro’s.

Nov 6, 2018, 2:37 PM

Check it out.

I recommend brushing up on your Fallout 4

Nov 6, 2018, 3:13 PM

so you can get a feel for the geography and nightlife.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See you there

Nov 6, 2018, 3:57 PM

I know the Boston Clemson Club has some events, including a welcome party on Friday night and a big tailgate on Saturday before the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a super strong alumni chapter.......

Nov 6, 2018, 4:18 PM

we watched the GT up there with them at the Clemson bar. They were legit. Place was packed (the bartenders all had custom "All In" shirts made), everyone was cool, and the beef flowed like the blood of our foes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 348
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic