Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson

Aug 22, 2016, 2:46 PM

WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome! Proud of Roscoe***

Aug 22, 2016, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson

Aug 22, 2016, 3:15 PM

Happy for this guy.

I remember playing Union in baseball when they had Roscoe and Kyle Browning in the outfield. Talk about covering some ground!

Wow!!

Aug 22, 2016, 3:17 PM

This young man has been through a lifetime of ups and downs, but I believe the best is still to come. God bless him!

I honestly think Roscoe had talent and potential on par with

Aug 22, 2016, 4:05 PM

Sammy Watkins. Physically, he was ready as a true freshman, and were it not for an early injury and the distraction of baseball, there is no doubt he would have been a superstar at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He absolutely did

Aug 23, 2016, 7:02 AM

But life just handed him strike after strike after strike. Nobody should have to go through what he went through.

Aug 22, 2016, 4:44 PM

Bless his heart, he's had a tough time but it sure sounds like he's found redemption to me. I hope he will achieve nothing but success now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing story . . . Thanks, RC for being willing to share it***

Aug 22, 2016, 5:01 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Amazing story . . . Thanks, RC for being willing to share it***

Aug 23, 2016, 8:09 AM

I saw this program this weekend and it was very inspiring. Seems like he's delt with adversity as well as anyone I've seen. Glad to see Dabo reached out to him to return to Clemson to finish his education.

Aug 22, 2016, 5:54 PM

Great story!!!

Royals should be ashamed

Aug 22, 2016, 6:25 PM

Never pull for those a holes again. He got bad advice. I wanted him at Clemson because I thought he could be the guy that dragged us out of the 90's. But he probably should have just focused on baseball. Losing his friends and a brother, a lot for anyone to handle. Glad he is getting his degree

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That, my Tiger Friends is...

Aug 22, 2016, 7:54 PM

a pure example of a confused and troubled young man that never lost hope. He did not realize that he still had hope, but through his journey, he found himself and in the long run, is a better man for it. He always tried to please everyone but he finally saw the light that was still shining for him and found that he can not please or help others until he finds himself and puts himself first. Keep shining, Roscoe...your best is yet to come.

Aug 22, 2016, 8:32 PM

Goodness. So much loss in a short period of time. I am so glad he will be able to get his degree. I think it is an awesome program.

Message was edited by: TennesseeLadyTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2016, 8:48 PM

Wonderful and inspiring story. Really appreciate Roscoe being willing to share and know it will help others.
Proud that Clemson offers the opportunity to athletes to come back and finish their degrees. Wishing a bright future to Roscoe.

Tnet was not ready for his commitment

Aug 22, 2016, 10:36 PM

to Clemson. Computer labs across campus were full checking tnet for an update.

Thank you RC and know this...

Aug 23, 2016, 1:42 AM

You are a sweet and kind soul who deserves nothing but happiness in life. It sounds like you have been through more than your fair share in life and you are still standing. That my friend is worth celebrating and being proud of. Many would be dead or in dire straits right now if they had to experience what you have.

YOU are a perfect example of what it means to forget about the past and play the next play. This is not true just in sports, but also life. Those young kids, they need folks of your character who will guide them, encourage them, teach them, and mentor them. But more importantly, they need someone to care about THEM.

Through caring for others, you find yourself. That is God working through you. Those who discover that truth are set free to enjoy freedom and life like no one else. It is worth much more than any monetary success can ever buy. You and Dabo share this experience and revelation. Neither of you asked for it, but you had the courage (the guts) to endure and never give up. You played the next play.

I truly wish the best for you and those you hold dear because you desrve it and much more. I am grateful for what you have brought to the Clemson family and also so very grateful to Dabo and all of the Clemson coaches (friends) who never gave up on you and who created the culture at Clemson that leaves no one behind (Semper Fi). You all make CLEMSON a special place.

It sounds like some of the coaches learned from this too. What to do better, what to do differently, how to guide/help a confused, bewildered student athlete make better informed choices that are in the student's best interest, not just CLEMSON's. We all make mistakes. It is how you handle those mistakes that separates the men from the boys. Kudos to them for being willing to learn and admit they had some regrets too. But mega kudos to you for persevering and going through this experience and still being able to smile. You seem to have learned what some never do in a lifetime, we all have a purpose in life, so always live a purposeful life.

Thank you for sharing, thank you for teaching and God's speed from here on out!

Beautifully said HB......**********

Aug 23, 2016, 5:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beautifully said HB......**********

Aug 23, 2016, 6:49 PM

Thanks... As you can probably tell, I am passionate about this aspect of life. We need to help the good guys and also protect the innocent with wisdom.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:25 AM

Gamecock fan here. Watched this the other night on TV and just wanted to let you guys know that I was really impressed with Roscoe and his comeback. Glad to see he got his life back in order with God's help.

These are the people we need on staff at Clemson

Aug 23, 2016, 4:27 PM

These are the types of coaches and mentors that can be the difference in a 4 or 5 star recruit making it to the NFL and/or having a successful career outside of sports versus a 4 or 5 star recruit with all the talent in the world making huge mistakes as a student athlete and watching their opportunities get flushed down the drain because they think they are above the rules.

Dabo is building a program with a foundation that might not even be comparable to any other program in the history of college football. I don't think we've even come close to seeing the pinnacle of Clemson football under Dabo.

Agree, but more importantly...

Aug 23, 2016, 6:47 PM

I want them here not to get recruits, but to mentor recruits so they don't implode along the way. Mentor them, teach them perspective, keep them grounded and thinking about the right things. And give them wisdom.

This is what Dabo, Roscoe, Tony and other former players who have had adversity can do. It truly is God's work, whether the kids or coaches recognize it at the time or not.

Great story! Proud to have him back at Clemson!*****

Aug 23, 2016, 5:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic