Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Track and Field Update: Clemson to install state-of-the-art indoor track surface
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,732

Track and Field Update: Clemson to install state-of-the-art indoor track surface

Apr 19, 2016, 10:04 AM

Clemson to install state-of-the-art indoor track surface

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*Grabs Popcorn***

Apr 19, 2016, 10:16 AM

Re: Track and Field Update: Clemson to install state-of-the-art indoor track surface

Apr 19, 2016, 10:26 AM

Just in time for NCAA and ACC to ban any sanctioned events for any reason they desire.

Re: Track and Field Update: Clemson to install state-of-the-art indoor track surface

Apr 19, 2016, 10:53 AM

Dang, just reading about this track makes me feel like I could run the 400 meter in under 60 seconds.?? But on a serious note, what is the 400 meter record in 2016?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

43.18 outdoor, 44.57 indoor***

Apr 19, 2016, 1:12 PM

Okay On The Track....But ...----

Apr 19, 2016, 2:58 PM

At the end of the day fast is fast no matter what surface you run on.

Re: Okay On The Track....But ...----

Apr 19, 2016, 3:27 PM

Yep, but a fast track allows you to recruit the best athletes because they know they'll have a chance to set records. Also makes some of the best teams in the country want to come to you to compete for the same reason.

Re: Okay On The Track....But ...----

Apr 19, 2016, 5:13 PM

Exactly. So glad to hear we are doing this. Best is the standard around here. I used to high jump in Littlejohn, and it was less than ideal but on par with other facilities at the time. Those days are over and if you want national champions you need to get them top notch facilities. Think about it - elite athletes from across the globe want a top notch facility to train outdoors (Clemson about 80% of the time - T storms, too hot occasionally) and a top notch facility for the other times as well. Warm up outside, then come into air conditioning and run a crazy 400.
Of course I know I am biased
Go Tigers!

Paid for by student tickets? Had to say it

Apr 19, 2016, 5:55 PM

"Best is standard" is a nice marketing phrase but everything needs to make financial sense. We want America to be great but know that unlimited government spending is neither smart or feasible. The same could be said about Clemson athletics/academics. Just something to keep in mind.

Anyway this seems like a good investment because I doubt it's very expensive. I was afraid we were building a whole new facility at first.

Awesome!**

Apr 19, 2016, 8:27 PM

nm

Awesome!**

Apr 19, 2016, 8:37 PM

nm

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive