Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Kevin Steele says familiarity with Clemson not a factor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Kevin Steele says familiarity with Clemson not a factor

Aug 24, 2016, 8:29 AM

Kevin Steele says familiarity with Clemson not a factor

Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele met with the media Tuesday to discuss the opener against Clemson, and he says his time with Clemson won't help Auburn as they prepare to take on second-ranked Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't nobody got time for dis***

Aug 24, 2016, 8:34 AM

Re: New Story: Kevin Steele says familiarity with Clemson not a factor

Aug 24, 2016, 8:42 AM

Maybe I need to watch a video of his comments, but I was expecting a different story to match the "bouts of vitriol and surliness followed by incredulity that the media could be so dumb." in the first paragraph. Seems like standard coach-speak to me.

Every press conference someone should ask him about the Orange bowl

Aug 24, 2016, 8:51 AM

Hey coach, could you explain how you had a month to prepare for the Orange bowl and your defense still allowed 70 points?

The over/under for his head exploding is 5 times

Re: Every press conference someone should ask him about the Orange bowl

Aug 25, 2016, 8:54 AM

He wanted to coach in the best conference ..the SEC and he didn't want to be here at Clemson... LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL:DR

Aug 24, 2016, 8:53 AM

We gunna play defense

Hope they won't Mountaineer me

We're totally different than we were when he was here.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:03 AM

I'm sure there's some carry-over, but I'd say we're probably more different than the same based on what he KNEW us to be, versus what we are now. We have new OC's, new play-callers, new plays, better talent, and a real and aggressive defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're totally different than we were when he was here.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:22 AM

We also have a real DC now. We didn't then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steele

Aug 24, 2016, 9:07 AM

Could have our playbook and we'll still beat 'em!

Aug 24, 2016, 9:11 AM

Is for me. I want to show him how much better we are and how little we think of his work. 70 point. what a bozo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long story short, he's admitting they will lose bad.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:15 AM

He just wants to see improvement from camp.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:20 AM

He probably can't remember it, nor does he want to remember it. He did seem very lost the last time he coached against Auburn as our "DC". I still remember the clueless looks on his face as we gave up a good lead and lost the game we really should have won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We beat Auburn in his last year at Clemson, though.***

Aug 24, 2016, 12:05 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We beat Auburn in his last year at Clemson, though.***

Aug 24, 2016, 8:30 PM

I don't think so. I believe the year we lost to AU was the same year we got so badly stomped by WVU in the OB. Am I wrong on that? I may be confusing him with Dabo's close friend, Billy Napier, who was OC let go to get The Chad.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

2011 Aubie@Clemson; 38-24 Good guys.***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:11 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2011 Aubie@Clemson; 38-24 Good guys.***

Aug 25, 2016, 3:25 PM

I was referring to the game down there where we came up short. My mistake.

Auburn's 3rd DC in 3 years does not help them

Aug 24, 2016, 9:21 AM

Starting a new scheme & playbook every season plus learning a new DC and how they are and what they want would be very hard for any team.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I hope Aubies D is familiar with the Panthers play calls

Aug 24, 2016, 9:24 AM

Hes known to call them during a college game....

Aug 24, 2016, 9:32 AM

He was our DC, again, maybe too many knocks to the head, but I believe when he came here he was an upgrade. But it was soon clear that his Achilles Heel was a mobile QB, especially a mobile QB that could pass. Thank you for your service to Clemson coach, nothing personal but Clemson is even better on both sides of the ball. I hope Dabo does something he's never done- crush you mercilessly, run up the score and make this crushing defeat the defining moment in your coaching career.

Aug 24, 2016, 10:40 AM

My guess is after his debut on the Plains, the Auburn crowd will be missing Muschamp, as bad as he was....I am sure that Steele is "fixing things" but he better get his resume ready, he will impress no one this season with his defensive genius

Aug 24, 2016, 8:34 PM

What do you mean, "this year"? He doesn't seem like he's impressed anybody for very long. He has had a new gig about every year since he left us. Once a HC sees there's nothing there with him, he's in the road again.

It will not be a cakewalk down there. Even against Steele.***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Kevin Steele says familiarity with Clemson not a factor ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will not be a cakewalk down there. Even against Steele.***

Aug 24, 2016, 11:31 AM

One thing that never changes in FB, any team is capable of beating their opponents on any given day. Any two teams that are about to play one another, they both have film on how they work their system. The one that does the best job evaluating their opponent and has the players that can defend and apply the most pressure with the lesser of mistakes usually wins the game. Can Steele plan and defend against one of the very best offenses in the country. He might, but I personally don't think that he can for 4 quarters. What I do believe is this, when we face Troy, we will be 1-0, Gooo Tigerssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will not be a cakewalk down there. Even against Steele.***

Aug 24, 2016, 8:36 PM

I agree. I do believe, as one coach said when we played them many years ago, "I think we can confuse him".

oh boy...same old Steele***

Aug 24, 2016, 11:28 AM

Why even keep the 12 hairs he has?

Aug 24, 2016, 11:48 AM

Shave that stuff brah

Two words: Jimmy Greenbeans***

Aug 24, 2016, 11:57 AM

NOTHING will help Auburn. Sorry War Eagle.***

Aug 24, 2016, 12:02 PM

"His time with Clemson won't help Auburn"...

Aug 24, 2016, 1:12 PM

His time as a DC anywhere won't help Auburn!

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: "His time with Clemson won't help Auburn"...

Aug 24, 2016, 4:00 PM

My guess is AW-burn is better than last year but not nearly good enough to win this one. Clemson is better on both sides of the ball. The War Eagles may be better on special teams. And CU has better, more experienced coaches. I like CU by 14-20 points.

Aug 24, 2016, 8:39 PM

So do I! +1

Aug 24, 2016, 8:38 PM [ in reply to "His time with Clemson won't help Auburn"... ]

The reason he's flopped around to 4 jobs in about 4 or 5 years is because he can't help anybody with their program. If he were good, he would have landed and stayed somewhere by now. IMO

Aug 24, 2016, 8:51 PM

He doesn't remember.

I do, and I think a lot of others do too.

Any team could get a Sonic waitress on skates at QB and beat us.

I hope we run it up to 70.

Aug 25, 2016, 6:22 AM

The real question for Steele is his ability or unwillingness to adjust....if he hadn't learn his lesson, game one will not be all that exciting to Auburn fans or surprising to Clemson.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic