Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ban The "Cupcakes" !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Ban The "Cupcakes" !

Nov 25, 2012, 11:14 PM

As Mr. GregoryHouse (another poster) stated, you don't have to leave the ACC to gain respect. We HAVE to play 8 ACC Teams, FSU is good, so thats one. We DO play 2 SEC teams every year, and like it or not, USCAR Chickens are good, UGA is decent, so that's 3 (FSU, Chickens, Dogs) ... Now we have two games to "play with". Let's not be girly men and schedule the local Community College. Be Notre Dame"ish", schedule a B10, a B12, heck ... a P12! And, for the rest of the ACC? I do not think they are going to sit on the their #### .... UNC, NCST, the Techs, etc .... they like Football too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn was coming off a NC when scheduled. We had no control

Nov 25, 2012, 11:22 PM

over the fact that they would stink two years removed from winning it all. The only true non-conf cupcake was Furman. Ball State ended season with a good record, but I still do not believe we should have on the schedule. I would like to see our OOC opponents be as strong as possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, at release, this schedule had 4 chances for quality

Nov 25, 2012, 11:28 PM

wins. By the end, there were only two and we didn't get the job done. I think that the Furman level game needs to go away and be replaced with a respected school from an AQ conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ban The "Cupcakes" !

Nov 25, 2012, 11:24 PM

Probably not gonna happen. The cupcakes make a lot of money when 80,000 people come to see them play. It's all about the money. However, I'd love to play ND, UGA, and USC Jr every year, and that seems possible, maybe even likely.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ban The "Cupcakes" !

Nov 25, 2012, 11:34 PM

The state has pretty much required us to play one of the smaller instate schools every year. Scheduling tough OOC games is much easier said than done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is pretty communist.***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our scheduling is fine...

Nov 25, 2012, 11:44 PM

We thought we were playing 2 really good SEC teams, and you can usually count on FSU and VT being at least in the top-15. Even NC State and GT are often top-25 teams, although near the bottom of the top-25, just as Miami and UNC are when we play them. No teams are going out of there way to schedule more than 6 potential top-25 games. Most of the SEC teams are scheduling 4 cupcakes along with knowing they'll have 2 easy in-conference games against teams like Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Vandy.

Our schedule was ranked 43rd last year, which was on par with teams like Oregon, Michigan, Stanford, Virginia Tech, and Wisconsin (and way better than West Vigrinia's)...all of those teams went to a BCS bowl game. This year our SOS has sucked because basically every team on our schedule performed much worse than what was expected of them.

You also have to keep in mind that it is almost a necessity to play at least 7 home games a season, or else you will fall behind in terms of gaining much-needed revenue. It would be nearly impossible to do that if we stopped scheduling any cupcakes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic