Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attention you Clemson plant experts...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Attention you Clemson plant experts...

Jun 10, 2020, 11:09 AM

Will Trimec kill monkey grass? I've got some broadleaf weeds mixed in with my monkey grass and I want to spray it with Trimec but don't want to kill the monkey grass. Anyone have experience with this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't Trimec have a website? Wouldn't it tell.....

Jun 10, 2020, 11:12 AM

you on there?

If Trimec is close to Roundup, it will kill the monkey grass. I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attention you Clemson plant experts...

Jun 10, 2020, 11:30 AM

Take a look at Crossbow herbicide. It's made for broadleaf weeds and woody plants and does not affect grasses. I have used it successfully in the past near and around monkey grass. I've never sprayed the monkey grass directly that I know of. Of course, I would try it first on a small area to be sure.

Jun 11, 2020, 7:07 AM

This question is a bit dangerous to pose in this forum. I would recommend going somewhere like thelawnforum.com next time.

There’s a lot of products made by RoundUp and at different concentrations so you could easily take someone’s recommendations and mess up.

You should apply 1/2 ounce of glyphosate (RoundUp) into 1 gallon of water calibrated to spray over 1,000 sq ft. Check that the active ingredient is 41% glyphosate. Wear rubber gloves and protective clothing as there has been recent lawsuits over the safety of glyphosate.

Don’t spray this on your lawn and be sure to rinse and clean your spray equipment 3x after you are done.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:32 AM

I’ve used a product called “Image” for weeds in Monkey grass beds with good results. You can get it at most home improvement stores.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic