Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news

Oct 31, 2017, 12:43 PM

Saying that UGA is ranked number one in the college football rankings. What the hell are they talking about? It doesn't come out until tonight

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems obvious. Not breaking.***

Oct 31, 2017, 12:48 PM

if not, they should be #1.....

Oct 31, 2017, 12:50 PM

on paper to date they have the best resume of the undefeated teams.

I'll gain a little more respect for the committee if they DON'T put bama @ #1 just b/c that's what "you're supposed to do".

that being said, they are probably the "#1 team in the country", but resume wise they don't have it YET.

Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news

Oct 31, 2017, 12:52 PM

I the three years of the playoff, the team with the initial number 1 ranking has not won. They should hope to be ranked second.

I hope they are...they Team that has been #1 in the 1st

Oct 31, 2017, 12:53 PM

CFPR has yet to win it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2017, 12:58 PM

they look like the best team right now, I would be shocked if they do not come in #1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will be Saban's anti venom. No poison.***

Oct 31, 2017, 1:05 PM

Oct 31, 2017, 1:04 PM

Have you watched a single Georgia game this year? They’re the real deal. Just looked at UGA’s stats. Top-10 in more than a few metrics:

2nd in strength of record (clemson is 4th)
6th in rushing defense (clemson is 18th)
10th in rushing offense (clemson is 25th)
3rd in total defense (clemson is 7th)
3rd in first down defense (clemson is 10th)
5th in 3rd down conversion (clemson is 25th)

Nightmare, for anyone.

Just curious but have they one team that actually throws

Oct 31, 2017, 1:14 PM

the ball AND has an Oline? Missouri does not count. Every team they have played as many in the Sec are very weak in a downfield passing game. JMO. I could be wrong but no one has attacked them. They load the box and dare downfield from what I've seen.

Re: Just curious but have they one team that actually throws

Oct 31, 2017, 1:50 PM

Well Missouri put up 252 passing yards against them and are actually ranked much higher than us in passing efficiency so I’m not sure why that doesn’t count. Auburn is the only team on Georgia’s schedule that has the weapons / talent to beat them before the SEC championship game. Period.

THIS ^^

Oct 31, 2017, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Just curious but have they one team that actually throws ]

Remember what happened to Bama's best defense in bama history last year?

they didn't face a qb that could test them all year until DW4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THIS ^^

Oct 31, 2017, 2:08 PM

Unfortunately for Auburn, Stidham isn’t even close to being DW4 and they’re only averaging 73 plays per game.

Alabama’s defense isn’t the reason we won the trophy - DW4 and 98 plays did!

Re: THIS ^^

Oct 31, 2017, 8:42 PM

Give it up guys. CUYankee is brilliant. Incredible. Marvelous. Just ask him.

Oct 31, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news ]

Yes , and I agree they appear to be the best at the top right now . However , aside from Notre Dame they haven't beaten another team that scares anyone and it lools lile their rushing game is about all they bring to the table offensively .
Teams with really strong D front 7's should be able to make them one dimensional . I think Auburn will be a good test for them , and certainly if they were to run across Bama or Clemson at some point they could expect a good game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 31, 2017, 1:42 PM

Agree with you on all points. Fromm has not been forced to throw the ball whatsoever. That 1,2 punch of Chubb / Michel has been more than enough to win games to this point.

Unfortunately for Auburn, their pass defense ranks 25th and run defense ranks 24th. I don’t know if they can completely thwart Georgia’s overwhelming pound-the-ball. Last game, they used 5 backs and ran for 292 yards. Ridiculous.

Outside of us and Bama, It’s going to be tough for anyone to stop their run. Or put up enough points on the other side of the ball. As of late, I’m not sure we would be able to put up 35 on Georgia ourselves.

Oct 31, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news ]

Least we not leave these out too....

111th in passing offense (Clemson 66th)
64th in TFL (Clemson 6th)
27th in 3rd down defense (Clemson 12th)
87th in penalties (Clemson 51st)
74th in KOR defense (Clemson 45th)

So, Georgia isn't perfect. They've played pretty good but if you can stop the UGA running game, they can be beat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2017, 1:54 PM

I agree they are one-dimensional and have argued that fact with my fair share of Georgia fans these past several weeks. I’m just saying, if I did happen to see them at #1 tonight, I wouldn’t be half as surprised as I was seeing Wisconsin at #4 in the AP poll on Sunday afternoon. Lol.

Who came up with their strength of record? Walt disney?

Oct 31, 2017, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news ]

Nd and miss st are the only 2 teams they've played so far with a pulse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Honestly, they've played Notre Dame and Miss State.

Oct 31, 2017, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news ]

All of there other games are against cellar dwellars so those stats are just a little skewed, much like most of the teams in the country.

You have to consider the opponents...

Oct 31, 2017, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news ]

Other than Notre Dame, UGa rally hasn't played anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Miss st may end up being a decent team.

Oct 31, 2017, 3:08 PM

Good shot at finishing 2nd in the west.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 31, 2017, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta radio is breaking in with breaking news ]

> Have you watched a single Georgia game this year?
> They’re the real deal. Just looked at UGA’s stats.
> Top-10 in more than a few metrics:
>
> 2nd in strength of record (clemson is 4th)
> 6th in rushing defense (clemson is 18th)
> 10th in rushing offense (clemson is 25th)
> 3rd in total defense (clemson is 7th)
> 3rd in first down defense (clemson is 10th)
> 5th in 3rd down conversion (clemson is 25th)
>
> Nightmare, for anyone.

They do look great. However, some of those stats are padded by who they've played:

App. State
Samford
Missouri
Miss St.
Tenn.
Vanderbilt
Florida (3-4)

But they did beat ND but only by 1 point.

They're very good no doubt, but the stats can be a little deceiving.

Re: Many so-called "experts" called it that way because

Oct 31, 2017, 1:06 PM

they have a better SOS than 'Bama. I would expect us to be either #3 or #4 using the same logic.

Screw Calford.

Re: Many so-called "experts" called it that way because

Oct 31, 2017, 1:14 PM

We will be 3 or 4. Or should be!

Oct 31, 2017, 1:25 PM

They should be ranked #1 at the moment. They have been very impressive thus far. If I were an opposing coach I would stack the line of scrimmage and make them beat me throwing the football. The young quarterback has been great at managing, but make him throw it more than 5 times!

I dont get the love honestly.

Oct 31, 2017, 1:45 PM

They have played 1 team with a pulse. One. The rest of that trash schedule would struggle in the Sunbelt conference.

Re: I dont get the love honestly.

Oct 31, 2017, 2:00 PM

8th in strength of schedule
2nd in strength of record
5th in FPI

It all comes down to Auburn and the SEC championship game for Georgia. I’m not a fan but I can appreciate the love so far. UGA can play ball.

Oct 31, 2017, 2:16 PM

Don't give me those crap numbers.

What do Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Mizzou have in common? They are still 0-fer in conference and are likely to miss a bowl game.

Florida is sub-.500 and may also miss a bowl game this year.

I'm not saying they aren't good and have good talent on the roster, but to proclaim them world beaters because they beat ND and a slightly above average Miss State team is ridiculous.

Oct 31, 2017, 2:50 PM

Calling them crap doesn’t make them less real. You may not agree but they are what they are. And for every argument that you throw Tennessee, Missouri & Vanderbilt at them; they can retort with Kent State, Citadel & Florida State back at us, no?

Notre Dame doesn’t even belong to a conference and isn’t eligible for a conference championship game until 2025, at the earliest. With your rationale, they shouldn’t even show up on Saturdays. Yet and still, they’ll absolutely be in the conversation tonight.

No one is calling them world-beaters, but pretending that it’s absolute absurdity to hand them the #1 ranking in this first CFP poll is foolish.

You sure seem like a fan.***

Oct 31, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I dont get the love honestly. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You sure seem like a fan.***

Oct 31, 2017, 2:57 PM

Clemson fan first & foremost, football fan after. As of today, Georgia & Alabama are the only ones with iron stakes in the CFP. #3-#6 are a total crapshoot. And there’s a lot of football left!

Once we beat NC State, we’re coasting. Notre Dame would easily lose to both Miami and Stanford on the road. Georgia could meet its fate against Auburn on 11/11. Ohio State could lose 3 of the next 4. It’s not even worth arguing this early in November. But pretending Georgia has no business in the discussion tonight is more orange glasses talking than reality.

Atlanta radio is...

Oct 31, 2017, 2:08 PM

completely full of $#!7 just like the average Dawg fan.

They'll be in the top 4 but not No. 1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I hope the top ten is all SEC teams.

Oct 31, 2017, 3:08 PM

Nothing is sweeter than watching Clemson dismantle a team because they feel disrespected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet my friend a growler yesterday than UGA would be #1 ahead of Bama

Oct 31, 2017, 8:51 PM

Right now I'm trying to decide what I want.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic