Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Russell Brand. I'm giving him another chance.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 422

Russell Brand. I'm giving him another chance.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:28 AM

A way long time ago I had written off Russell Brand as just another self-absorbed, dopehead celeb. I mean, who in their right mind ditches Katy Perry? But today on my commute I heard him on a podcast and it turns out he's done a book that is a modern take on the 12 steps and he's big into recovery. I will take it all with a grain of salt, but between this and seeing the preview of his latest standup act, I'm giving him another chance. Some of y'all might dig what he's saying about recovery.

https://www.russellbrand.com/recovery/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think he's funny but just kind of a ######***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

samesies but I heard a different side of him on the podcast

Dec 17, 2018, 11:50 AM

Thing is, I bet most people like us won't give him a chance because all they know of him is the dooshy persona.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ever heard Katy Perry speak?

Dec 17, 2018, 11:56 AM

She's awful. Probably would ask her to sign a waiver before banging. She's that type of feminist chick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, but mucho caliente...***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:09 PM

She seems like the SNL character, "girl you wish you had not

Dec 17, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to You ever heard Katy Perry speak? ]

started a conversation with at this party"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's pour one out for our brothers who are miserable

Dec 17, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to You ever heard Katy Perry speak? ]

because they married a hot chick with a terrible personality. And really, most of the time they aren't really even that hot. God speed you poor bassturds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Russell Brand. I'm giving him another chance.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:04 PM

He has been sober and cool for years, maybe 15. He's an interesting guy. You're just figuring it out. On the other hand, he hates Trump, so you may want to rethink your new found appreciation for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"RECOVER THE PERSON YOU WERE BORN TO BE"

Dec 17, 2018, 12:38 PM

Maybe that person wasn't that great to begin with, and being drunk or high is actually an improvement?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard to argue with this logic...***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:46 PM

At the center of every change philosophy

Dec 17, 2018, 1:23 PM

is an assignment that most people won't complete out of fear. There is a little clip on his website of him talking about spirituality, and saying, in effect, you are following some set of guiding principles in your life even if you don't realize it, so why not choose to make sure they are healthy.

Dolly Parton says "Find out who you are and start being that person on purpose"

Tony Robbins says find out what you really, really want, what will really make you happy, and pursue that and everything else will happen when you start consciously choosing to be happy.

We live in a world where we find destructive outlets for short term pleasure at the expense, ultimately, of long term happiness and satisfaction. Even a cynic who believes in nothing is letting the principle guide his life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got off track

Dec 17, 2018, 1:24 PM

the assignment here is cataloging your fears, shames and resentments and then letting go of them by addressing them consciously and directly.

Which on the podcast he said is his update of AA's

Dec 17, 2018, 1:35 PM

"Fearless inventory"

Replies: 12
| visibility 422
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic