Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whether by accident or on purpose, I have made a lot of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 613

Whether by accident or on purpose, I have made a lot of

May 12, 2020, 1:26 PM

wrong decisions in my life.

I went out to Sullivan's island this morning to get a decal so I could use the boat landing out there. I rode around the island a little, and saw this house for sale. "Oh...that's nice looking. Small lot, near the ICW, on Sullivans. I could golf cart to Dunleavy's or Home Team. Maybe I can move out here?"

Yeah, right! As if. I've done something horribly wrong in my life. I wonder if all the bad decisions that have added up to equal my mediocrity were on purpose? I mean were they conscious things I did? I wonder if there is a God, and when you die, if someone up there gives you a map of your life and goes "see..had you just said THIS instead of that.." or "Had you taken THAT job..."

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1402-Thompson-Ave-Sullivans-Island-SC-29482/10922998_zpid/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only $739/sq ft.

May 12, 2020, 1:29 PM

What's the issue?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a pending offer already.

May 12, 2020, 1:31 PM

Only issue i see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At that rate - the issue is too many square feet...***

May 12, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Only $739/sq ft. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

......all painted the same color.***

May 12, 2020, 1:46 PM

What?***

May 12, 2020, 1:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yeah, I guess it could be worse.***

May 12, 2020, 1:33 PM

Re: Yeah, I guess it could be worse.***

May 12, 2020, 1:45 PM

Why not just move a lil north?

May 12, 2020, 1:42 PM

This one was waterfront and affordable

https://www.redfin.com/SC/McClellanville/9621-2-Pines-Rd-29458/home/68547607

Re: Why not just move a lil north?

May 12, 2020, 1:50 PM

Wood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife has a job in Mt P.

May 12, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Why not just move a lil north? ]

I've got a buddy who moved to Murrell's Inlet last year; I'd live there in a minute.

Murrell's Inlet

May 12, 2020, 2:08 PM

Rock Hill By The Sea.

I can name at least a dozen former Rock Hillians that have moved there in the last 20 years.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whether by accident or on purpose, I have made a lot of

May 12, 2020, 1:48 PM

My wife and I talk about the same thing. Like how in the world are these people building 1.7mm homes? Especially right now. There are 600 and up neighborhoods going up all around here and it’s insanity. I mean some of them are 8-10 house communities that are over $1.5mm for each house. It’s cray cray. I want to figure out what they are doing. I am sure auto Exec and Healthcare. Seems to be the typical thing around here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like the people with the big money boats do random

May 12, 2020, 1:58 PM

AF stuff. Like sell mobile homes, have a garbage truck company, or build industrial radiators. Very few doctors or other professions you'd immediately think of as making a lot of money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

richest two guys I know of around here build boats.

May 12, 2020, 2:05 PM

Potts (Scout) and Freeman, down the street.

I mean it's cool and swankey for someone with no kids

May 12, 2020, 1:50 PM

but for that price you should see some of the estates I could buy right off of downtown Greenville.

Capital FeeYuck $1.45 for a 1900 sq foot house.

Even for someone with kids, that wouldn't be a cool place?

May 12, 2020, 2:03 PM

I can't think of a better place to grow up than Sullivan's Island. I mean the elementary school is front beach.

Tmell

May 12, 2020, 3:54 PM

I'll sell mine to you.
Ineligible user®

Me and FBcooch have something in common with that house

May 12, 2020, 3:56 PM

Neither one of us can afford it.

The lake calls, join me...Take off your salt life stickers

May 12, 2020, 4:01 PM

and join me...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/203-Dogwood-Rd-Townville-SC-29689/195126331_zpid/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife needs a new job in Anderson

May 12, 2020, 4:12 PM

I like that one.

I just so happen to know of a dock that'll be available

May 12, 2020, 4:13 PM

soon too.

It's actually not too late to get a place like that.

May 12, 2020, 4:09 PM

I mean, if you have a time machine. You DO have a time machine, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need to go back to the same time as the Asian Flu in 1918

May 12, 2020, 4:14 PM

Bet I could buy it THEN.

Man nah, you just have to go back to 09/23/1989

May 12, 2020, 4:32 PM

you could have had that place for a song.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really any time prior to that would be fine.

May 12, 2020, 4:45 PM

After that is when all the Ohioans descended upon our fair state in the storm’s aftermath and picked the carcass clean.

Prior to that you could still pick up IOP (and definitely Sullivan’s) oceanfront for $300K or less, which is still way under the market even when inflation adjusted

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm currently working on the structural design for an

May 12, 2020, 5:39 PM

addition to a similar house down here in savannah. the owner is an interior decorator and is asking for a lot of cased openings and an "open floor plan" then questioning the cost of all the structure i am having to put in the #### thing because of said open floor plan.

Yeah, house prices are stoopid in some places any more...

May 12, 2020, 5:57 PM

eff it, I don't care. Maybe 30 years ago I would've considered moving to the SC coast. Those days are long gone. Sure I love the beach and all that, been going since I was a kid. But I find nowadays that I can barely stand it for a week or two. Too many people, too many tourists, too crowded, too much traffic, etc. I find myself thinking more about downsizing to a small cabin or condo in the mountains, say upstate SC or western NC, or VA. I need 4 seasons. A little snow in winter. Trees changing color in the fall. Mountains and hills and curvy roads. All of that. I'll gladly let all of the yankees flood into the SC coast and overspend for housing. Just my opinion, of course. Not my cup of tea.

edit: and yes I realize my opinion is shaped by my life experiences and where I grew up. For example, Boy Scouts and camping at Camp Old Indian. Hiking up Table Rock, Whitewater Falls, and Glassy Mountain. Being able to just put my canteen in the creeks and rivers to fill it up. Nice, crystal clear, mountain water fed by springs. Not that black murky crap in the lower part of the state. No thanks, I'll pass. I'm sure it mostly depends on where you grew up. But I'm an upstate kid from Greenville, and really have no desire to relocate to the SC coast. Maybe visit Charleston once every 5 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Everybody is different, and that's a good thing.

May 12, 2020, 9:22 PM

I'm with you on all the tourons and wish they'd find somewhere else to go, but it'd be fine with me to never live anywhere it gets below 70 degrees again. The mountains never really did much for me. Nice to look at I guess, but I haven't seen any real mountains since the mid 90's when I went to Jackson Hole, WY, and never really had a yearning to go back.

THREADJACK MFers!

May 12, 2020, 5:59 PM

Part of my back patio is flagstone a la pigs 18-20....it lacks any substantial grout/fill, and looks like absolute shid unless I am constantly pulling up whatever is growing in between.

Part of it has grown moss, which to me looks nice enough on it's own, but #### grows either on/in/from it, and the moss comes out with it.

The previous owners made a super ###### attempt at putting down some polymeric sand. So ######, it's hard to even gauge the product itself, if it's worth doing it all over with it. I'd think that a well done job would look like the stoop in pic 19....the joints there resemble mine

not sure if this was a rant or a question...possibly a request for advice...

YOU TELL ME.

I know polymeric sand sucks

May 12, 2020, 9:18 PM

It just ends up making a mess.

So, no suggestions.

Replies: 30
| visibility 613
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic