Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney's facility vision includes "the home of the Tigers"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney's facility vision includes "the home of the Tigers"

Mar 13, 2015, 7:01 AM

Swinney's facility vision includes "the home of the Tigers"

The new football operations center is more than just a shiny new facility to show to recruits, it's the realization of a plan head coach Dabo Swinney set forth when he was first hired. What does he say about the new center? What are his reasons for having it built? What kind of trophy case does he want? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney's facility vision includes "the home of the Tigers"

Mar 13, 2015, 7:27 AM

Good article. I am for it. Put it all together and use the time better. Lot of money rolling in from ESPN and still rumors of an ACC Channel that could mean more money.

I would like to have known exactly who will be moving into the WestZone offices. Doesn't the remodel of Littlejohn put all the basketball operations under that roof, and the Doug Kingsmore addition, I thought, puts all of baseball over there, so who are we putting here? Track, Tennis?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2015, 7:32 AM

all the ad administration.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the athletic department consists of far more than coaches***

Mar 13, 2015, 8:37 AM

Mar 13, 2015, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney's facility vision includes "the home of the Tigers" ]

You said it like it should have been said.

Will look forward to this. Would love to know what the football team thinks of this...also what future Tigers thinks of this. Just think of how great this will be for Clemson Football.

Now if we can get all fans on board as to how we conduct ourselves on this website it will be a great day for Clemson. Who is "ALL IN"

Mar 13, 2015, 7:37 AM

I just wish we would wait 1 year before doing this or the LJ reno so that we wouldnt have to cut into the LJ reno so much :(

null

Who in the world calls any Clemson road "busy"

Mar 13, 2015, 7:49 AM

Excluding gameday, it's a small college town with charm. That tram is not a reason to spend $60MM. That's not to say there isn't good reason, but citing that like it's the biggest reason makes DRad sound crazy.

you may have missed part of the point. The "time" it takes

Mar 13, 2015, 8:40 AM

to move 110+ people that distance takes away from time that could be better spent.

Re: Who in the world calls any Clemson road "busy"

Mar 13, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Who in the world calls any Clemson road "busy" ]

I was going to post the same thing about Perimeter road being a "busy" 4 lane road. Only on game days. Other than that, it is not at all busy.

Re: Who in the world calls any Clemson road "busy"

Mar 13, 2015, 10:30 AM

The only problem with that statement was the "in the middle of campus" part--Perimeter's plenty busy when they begin and wrap up practice, especially if there are any other athletics going on that day. Keep in mind that the people driving on it are going 35 one way and most of them are still going 45 over the hill the other. Clemson's been pushing all student parking out of the center of campus, so the lots on Perimeter are just about all students can park in. Cars pile up when the officer blocks the road for the trams. It's not (usually) bumper-to-bumper busy, but it's one of the two biggest roads on campus and busy enough that it's an issue for player safety.

Like it! Nice closing line too, Hood

Mar 13, 2015, 8:02 AM

nm

I don't know about you folks...

Mar 13, 2015, 8:33 AM

but Dabo never ceases to impress me

Re: I don't know about you folks...

Mar 13, 2015, 10:33 AM

I agree ! Wow , What a facility we will have .Clemson will not take the back seat to anyone when Dabo's finished. I just hope we can keep him ? Dabo just seems to be so into Clemson & what it stands for. Just hope he never leaves.
Where else could anyone else possibly want to go? When he gets his new facility next year , We will have as nice a Football Complex as anyone in the Country. Add the Beautiful Lake , the Mountains & the Beautiful Town of Clemson , Your in Tiger Heaven !

Ask VT about buiding larger trophy cases before they are

Mar 13, 2015, 9:43 AM

earned.

Sure sounds like he intends to be here......

Mar 13, 2015, 9:46 AM

a long time. I hope he does!

2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty.

Mar 13, 2015, 11:11 AM

Sinful stuff here my friends. Making coaches and players our idols, and they obviously enjoy
accepting the role! I'm far from a preacher, and I sin daily, but I don't put my sinful
ways on display like this! I at least try to hide them! The West Zone became obsolete before it was
completed.

Sinful stuff?

Mar 13, 2015, 11:53 AM

Are you kidding me?

Re: Sinful stuff?

Mar 13, 2015, 12:05 PM

Look this is an old topic but it certainly applies here. I am a Christian, so this is my belief, maybe not others.

My position is: we are making idols out of coaches, buildings, players etc. When you have 2 out of five kids in Pickens County that only get a good meal once per day and that is at school, then you have wasted money like Clemson has done it is sinful. IMO. It is not just Clemson, mind you, Alabama
just released a profit from their football program last year of 53 million. This country talks about football and sends more money to football than we do for the name of Jesus. Me too.....I am included.

We wasted millions on "The Old Littlejohn" just a few years back.
We wasted millions on "The West Zone" players and coaches facility that is now obsolete before it is
finished. Also, I for one, have looked at Tigernet more than I have God's word this week. We have
a problem, and we wonder why our country is "going to hell in a hand basket". I think I know, and I
hope I examine my own priorities. Starting right now! Peace out!

"Do not make idols or set up carved images, or sacred pillars, or sculptured stones in your land so you may worship them. I am the LORD your God.

If you think they're idols..that's your problem.

Mar 13, 2015, 12:52 PM

Most level headed folks see them for what they are.

Football coaches and football players.

Maybe you should get out more, and maybe get your priorities right.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Athletics is a business. Profit isn't evil. No idols.***

Mar 13, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Sinful stuff? ]

Mar 13, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Sinful stuff? ]

I disagree with concept that this building project is sinful. It is sinful for any individuals, coaches, players, fans etc. to worship any aspect of college football. There are those that do. I for one do not idolize but do support. My job forces me to see those kids every day and I try to help. For a lot of those kids, especially in pickens, clemson football or sports in general are a break from that lifestyle.

Also as a public university Clemson cannot be held accountable for any of those things you mentioned. However the athletic department is primarily funded privately. Therefore, there are probably christians who give more money to clemson football than the local church and I would challenge that as well. Also I feel sure that if you made Dabo and his staff aware of that problem he would do something instantly to help. He has written checks to almost singlehandedly cover peoples mission trips to other countries and often takes his staff and players to do community work. It must have impacted Dwayne because he is oversees with troops in Iraq.

My point being that there is definitely sin in all our lives some that stems from idols and not just if football. Heck, many of out players' families live in poverty. Just rethink who the blame is on.

Mar 13, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Sinful stuff? ]

"Wasted Millions"

I dont think you know what that first word means.

Please keep your religious zealotry on a different board. No one cares here.

Also do you go to New Spring?

null

Mar 14, 2015, 12:38 PM

I don't know who you are but 17,685 post since April 04, 2004 is almost 6 post per day, so I guess
I can understand why you think only your opinion matters here. Dude this message board is your entire life! Seek help at your local Newspring church immediately!

BTW this entire college football arms race is sinful!

Mar 13, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Sinful stuff? ]

I'm a Christian too!
I believe in helping people in need, but it is not C.U. responsibility. If there are hungry kids there is more then enough government assistance.
Ask our leaders where the money is.

Re: True. I can't argue with that.***

Mar 13, 2015, 12:34 PM [ in reply to 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty. ]

Re: 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty.

Mar 13, 2015, 12:38 PM [ in reply to 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty. ]

So you have chosen how you want to sin, now let us do the same:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P&R Bored that way ---------->

Mar 13, 2015, 1:35 PM [ in reply to 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty. ]

seriously.

Mar 13, 2015, 2:15 PM [ in reply to 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty. ]

Troll somewhere else.

null

Mar 13, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty. ]

So, I have to ask.
Don't improve anything and get passed in all areas by other athletic programs and field a 3-9 team each year while using any extra money to feed the poor.....as if it's our responsibility?
or
Keep up with the Jones' (or exceed them) in order to field a competitive and championship caliber team that brings joy to so many lives it touches, even some that are less fortunate?

If folks want to worship the players, coaches or buildings, that is on them and they can answer to that on their own terms, but it is not for me to ridicule or point fingers. Heck man, life is full of pressures and difficulties. Can't a man have it's college football to "get away" from it all from time to time? I sure am thankful to have a team and a program and a coach that "gets it". And it sure is a joy to go see on fall Saturdays. Loosen up a bit. Relax, and enjoy it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2015, 5:00 PM

According to the U.S. census, (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/45/45077.html) 18% of the population in Pickens County is below poverty. Of that number , 18% is below 18 years of age. Though not an exact number, that would mean that approximately 3.5% of children under the age of 18 in Pickens County live in households with income under the national poverty level($23,850 for a family of 4 in 2014).

Mar 13, 2015, 5:02 PM

2 out of 5 kids is 40%, which is a lot more than 3.5%.

Mar 15, 2015, 3:27 PM [ in reply to 2 out of 5 kids in Pickens County live in poverty. ]

Is it the school's responsibility to get those kids out of poverty? No. It's the church's responsibility and many people don't see or get properly taught that very thing. It isn't sinful to put money toward something like this at all and stop trying to hide your sin. Confess that crap, turn away from it and walk in obedience. Lastly, Coach Swinney has been shown great favor by The Lord within this program because of who he represents. He tries to do his job well for the glory of God. Pray for him and the football program to have more influence within the community. Pray that as they continue to do the job of the church, we will be more convicted to do our job. By the way, I am a preacher.

Soccer Fields?

Mar 13, 2015, 11:19 AM

How does this impact the soccer practice fields? Will this mean the men and women have to share a single field? Or is there a plan to move them? Between the indoor track, and now this new facility- the soccer teams are really getting squeezed out of the basics, forget about multi million dollar buildings that are sort of the cherry on top-

Meh. They'll find another grassy field to set goals up on.***

Mar 13, 2015, 1:05 PM

Mar 13, 2015, 12:18 PM

I wish someone in the basketball program had the vision Dabo has. I don't know what the plans are for renovations to LittleJohn but I hope it will lead to more talented recruits, just as we are doing with the football facilities. Unfortunately, this is very important to young student athletes when they look at the colleges who are courting them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what we are saying is The West Endzone

Mar 13, 2015, 12:27 PM

was an ill thought project . Waste of time and money not to mention the loss of seats.

I sat there many times, restroom facilities were abismal.....not able to accomodate the crowd.

A Bowden Dream

At least Jervey was on the correct side of the street

Mar 13, 2015, 12:29 PM

!

Never understood the concept. Made us look silly

Mar 13, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to So what we are saying is The West Endzone ]

in my opinion. Why would a team load busses from one endzone just to appear at the opposite endzone.

Chill, chill don't get all roared up .

I am a TIGER through and through.

Just don't agree with everything.

Re: Never understood the concept. Made us look silly

Mar 13, 2015, 1:47 PM

Wth are you dissing the 25 most exciting seconds in football

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I was just saying it made more sense coming from

Mar 13, 2015, 3:51 PM

Jervey

It is way cool

Mar 13, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Never understood the concept. Made us look silly ]

Perhaps I am wrong.

I was just mentioning the waste of the WEZ.

because we're awesome, and everyone else's entrance sucks

Mar 13, 2015, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Never understood the concept. Made us look silly ]

by comparison.

The only thing better would be to put a train track down and have them get around the stadium that way. It could blow the whistle when they reach the Hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2015, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Never understood the concept. Made us look silly ]

Wow insulting one of our most famous traditions....

And you call yourself a fan.

null

i was talking about the WEZ

Mar 13, 2015, 3:53 PM

The tradition is my favorite

Mar 13, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Never understood the concept. Made us look silly ]

How'd we go from a "tramming during practice" conversation to a "running down the hill" conversation?

dunno

Mar 13, 2015, 3:54 PM

Go Yellow Jackets

in case you really don't know the hill entrance begining

Mar 13, 2015, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Never understood the concept. Made us look silly ]

eons ago they dressed at fike walked across the street and ran down the hill

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2015, 12:30 PM

I was thinking that we could donate our old trophy case to the coots, and then it come to me again. They don't have anything that would fill a corner of it. That would be just to much wasted space for them....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the dyke breaks and the lake pours in ...

Mar 13, 2015, 1:11 PM

... being high up in the WEZ is going to look pretty good ... Ha!

Yes, I realize that the word is spelled incorrectly, but the T-Net filter won't let me use the word ####.

;) ;) ;)

NICE !

Mar 13, 2015, 1:14 PM

loved it

Mar 13, 2015, 2:12 PM

It all boils down to $$!

I'm not against better facilities nor getting ahead of the pack or using our resources, however, at what point does it get to be a bit much? Seems as though eventually it would be the same scenario as Jerry Jones and the Cowboys, 'I've provided all the resources necessary, money doesn't seem to be an issue, top of the line everything, state of the art everything, you have no excuse not to win and bring home championships!'...I hope this doesn't turn into that type of situation. College versus pro is different, I understand.

Clearly football is a major priority within the University, otherwise a lot of the academic and housing buildings would have been renovated in a short time frame as well. Let's be real people, a lot of those buildings are a dump. Dabo even said that a while back.

Anyway, my point is, don't let it get too big. Share the wealth. I wouldn't be surprised if someone who was completely oblivious as to what all Clemson as to offer would say something like, "wow, what else goes on around here besides football?"

With this vision the pressure for results will be greater

Mar 13, 2015, 3:12 PM

than ever before for dominating state rival, winning ACC, and winning a NC. I am all in
but Dabo is biting off a lot here, and I hope he gets it done, and we all enjoy. Go Tigers!

Why are trophies currently on a little shelf like that

Mar 13, 2015, 8:29 PM

anyway. Heck, I remember in the 70's the trophies had a better display than that in Jervey. I wouldn't even know where to go to see the 2011 ACC championship trophy or 2013 season Orange Bowl trophy now. Have we gone backwards in how we display our trophies? That picture looked rather pathetic.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic