Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Asking for a friend :-), by not having that big of a down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,932

Asking for a friend :-), by not having that big of a down

Apr 26, 2018, 11:03 PM

field threat at QB in 2017, did it hurt Deon Cain's chances to be drafted in the first round of the NFL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Asking for a friend :-), by not having that big of a down

Apr 26, 2018, 11:05 PM

he is not 1st rd talent

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2018, 1:35 AM

Personally, I agree with you, but the thought of the reasons of why he wasn't, or why he didn't look ready has crossed my mind, and I have though that maybe it was bc he didn't have a DW4 type QB throwing to him, and he lost his faith or his concentration....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2018, 11:12 PM

I really thought he wasnt ready. too inconsistent last year but maybe it will work out for him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2018, 11:15 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Some will consider your post piling on and maybe it is ...

Apr 27, 2018, 1:47 AM

But yes, the lack of having a high quality vertical passing game at Clemson impacted DC's draft status immensely. Cost him some green. He would have been a late 1st round pick with DW at QB.

But DC contributed to his poor 2017 season by his standards by dropping and not leading. Calvin Ridley fought the same problem at Bama but fought though it much better. And some of it was coaching styles and Nick Saban expecting and getting more from Ridley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dropped passes cost Cain

Apr 27, 2018, 6:57 AM

Inconsistency. More downfield passes would appear to only give him more chances to drop the ball. Tee Higgins seems more consistent and (IMHO) might have even overtaken DC as the starter this year. I honestly believe this contributed to his leaving as much as anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it impacted him that much. NFL teams don't care all

Apr 27, 2018, 7:00 AM

that much about college stats.

No***

Apr 27, 2018, 8:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was part of the reason why we didn't have a big

Apr 27, 2018, 8:55 AM

downfield threat. Too many dropped balls.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21937255

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: He was part of the reason why we didn't have a big

Apr 27, 2018, 10:35 AM

Yes, the reason Higgins should have been starting and playing more than Cain. But in defense of Cain and McCloud, I would remind you that they had not played WR until College.
Renfrow, Rogers, and Higgins were the only receivers that could "go get" a pass that was off target.

Apr 27, 2018, 10:28 AM

Yes, much more than I or anyone else wants to admit. But not worried. Sweet Tee was much better than Cain and Rogers was as good as McCloud.
But yes, having a QB that could not throw more accurate short passes or longer passes hurt all our Receivers, as well as running backs.
Love KB, just not as starting QB.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,932
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic