Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going to Athens with my daughter today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Going to Athens with my daughter today

May 23, 2019, 7:19 AM

Going to Athens with my daughter today To tour UGA. She is a rising senior in high school. What are some questions that I need to ask the tour guide?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have one...

May 23, 2019, 7:22 AM

Why are UGa football fans the most drunken, vile, and repugnant people in all of college athletics?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I have one...

May 23, 2019, 7:32 AM

This is so true in all things. I saw a post on instagram of how students trashed their own graduation. The place was covered with liquor bottles.

May 23, 2019, 7:35 AM [ in reply to I have one... ]

didnt the state start as a penal colony? seems to still be pervasive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 7:40 AM

Even though my daughter-in-law is a Uga fan, and she attended Scar for her law degree, she is the nicest and sweetest young lady I know from either school. My question is, how did she slip through the cracks?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only fans who can give coots a run for their $***

May 23, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I have one... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While u of 5c fans are mouthy, ignorant and deluded...

May 23, 2019, 10:24 AM

they're effectively harmless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 23, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to I have one... ]

IDK, I have several other fanbases that are far worse than Jawjas

1. Coots
2. West ****ing Virginia
3. University of pencil bearded errr.... Louisville
4. Ped State pedo-defenders.
5. 31-0hio State

Honorable mention to NC State. Some fans are horrible but they know their place.

May 23, 2019, 10:55 AM

Wow someone really TD me for THAT? Are you a coot that loves burning couches while sporting a pencil beard complaining how the 5-0 unfairly target child/wife abusers?

May 23, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I have one... ]

This may be the nicest thing every said here about UGA fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going to Athens with my daughter today

May 23, 2019, 7:36 AM

Ask to see the place where they draw up the fake punts

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 8:16 AM

That would be a good one.

May 23, 2019, 10:57 AM

It is a cooperative extension program with the University of Alabama

You should ask your daughter,"What're you thinking?"***

May 23, 2019, 7:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask them about the racist remarks against Justin Fields

May 23, 2019, 7:42 AM

Or about their “recent” national championship.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Not that it makes a difference

May 23, 2019, 7:51 AM

But *technically* they were racist remarks in support of Fields

Haha too true.***

May 23, 2019, 10:32 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Not that it makes a difference

May 24, 2019, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Not that it makes a difference ]

But he was so scared for his life thst he had to transfer and was given immediate elligibility because he was so skeered!!

Cant believe he left his sister there to fend for herself and the volleyball team! Must be scary.

"When was y'all's last football national championship?"

May 23, 2019, 7:46 AM

Probably won't even know!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 7:48 AM

You could ask can she get pregnant from having just her leg humped

Where is the closest place to get 250 mg Rocephin IM and 1000 mg azithromycin?***

May 23, 2019, 7:57 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 8:01 AM

Where is the college of engineering?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 4:46 PM

Uga has a college of engineering now. Good try though.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask them to explain this--

May 23, 2019, 8:09 AM

How can you be so confident about your future when you take a look at your past?

May 23, 2019, 8:10 AM

Can I also watch other people’s daughters in this tour??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 8:14 AM

Are we going to see the bowl used to cut Kirby's hair?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask about...

May 23, 2019, 8:16 AM

lessons on playing dueling banjos.

Let's look at this from a different angle....

May 23, 2019, 8:25 AM

You need to skip work today and keep your daughter home from school and have a serious chat. They are not doing anything in school today since next week is the last week of school.

First question you need to ask is why not Clemson? When she responds that they do not have my major, you should respond with "change your major"!

Second question assuming both schools offer the major is why not Clemson? When she responds that she wants a different experience, your response will be "I must have failed you as a parent!"

Third question you must ask is are we really driving to UGA for a visit? When she responds yes you must absolutely say, " You do realize that 2 of the greatest QBs in the history of college football had a chance to stay home and go to UGA and they were smart enough to chose CLEMSON!"

If the first 2 questions do not change her mind the 3rd question is sure to do the trick.

Stay strong my friend you can do this!!

Let’s be clear

May 23, 2019, 4:27 PM

There are far worse places to go to college than Athens, GA. If I had it to do over again and Clemson wasn’t an option, UGA would certainly be on the list.

Also from his handle the OP seems to live in Augusta and if you haven’t heard, Clemson’s out of state tuition rates are very high.

Do we get to tour where Kirby wrote up that fake punt?

May 23, 2019, 8:44 AM

I'd like to that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can she turn "Hey!" into a 2 syllable word?

May 23, 2019, 8:48 AM

I think that is a requirement of entry

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Been there - in all seriousness ask:

May 23, 2019, 8:53 AM

1) What % of freshmen get football tickets?
2) How much weight does the average freshman gain?
3) How far apart can classes be?
4) Was their mascot really originally a goat?!?

My daughter also toured UGA and was offered a scholarship that got her in state tuition. Thank God she went to Clemson instead. Their answer to #1 was what swayed her. Apparently their lottery system and size of the student section results in a low % of freshman getting tickets (or at least used to). In principal she thought it was bad.

May 23, 2019, 8:54 AM

Ask her if the number 14,026 means anything to her.

May 23, 2019, 9:04 AM

They have no idea because they weren’t born then. Those are stories they hear from their great grandfather.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 9:38 AM

My daughter just graduated from the place (Zell Miller scholarship pays full tuition)

Couple observations.

Since they require all freshmen to live on campus, you might ask why they don't build new dorms like every other school in the country instead of trying to refurbish the old dorms.

I will say the dinning facilities are 2nd to none.

In reference to ticket distribution - Freshmen now are 1st in line and they will tell you this. Don't refer to it as a gateway drug like I did on our tour.

My daughters tour was great. It was prior to the Clemson - GT Thursday night game 5 years back. There were 5 kids (and parents) taking the tour and 3 of us were stopping by on the way to the Clemson game that night.

There is a courtyard as you leave downtown (by the arch) where campus begins. These are he old historic class building. You will notice they have no windows. This is because they were bricked up in the 1800's to keep students from shooting at one another. (story I got from uga grad..not on tour).

Once complete - the Creature Comforts brewery downtown is a nice stop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 4:49 PM

The people that run creature are way too stuck up for my taste. I don't care what Thor drinks. Also, their beer isn't that great if you don't want some variety of ipa or poorly made gose.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the hell are we doing here?*

May 23, 2019, 9:51 AM

Nm

UGA has gotten incredibly difficult to get into..

May 23, 2019, 11:00 AM

Congratulations to your daughter. She is obviously quite intelligent. Also, it speaks volumes to you as a dad for being with her. Well done, Sir.

Ask about what graduates in her intended major are doing. Placement rate. Class size. Retention rate. Services provided for students - academic, medical, and social. Also, housing. Do PhDs teach the classes or graduate students.

College is about fit. A feel, basically. Where will your daughter be the happiest and reach her full potential. Finally, wherever your daughter decides to go, give her your blessing and support her.

I wish you both all the best.

Re: UGA has gotten incredibly difficult to get into..

May 23, 2019, 12:07 PM

The tour guide would love those questions. Then she'll say something about who the library is named after or which dorm Jake Fromm lives in.

Re: UGA has gotten incredibly difficult to get into..

May 24, 2019, 12:45 AM [ in reply to UGA has gotten incredibly difficult to get into.. ]

This reply is entirely respectful. Please be gentlemen & ladies on a Clemson website. In other words , quit making us making us look like aholes you #########.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that your face or does your butt have teeth?

May 23, 2019, 6:01 PM

In an articulate manner of course.

Finally back from Athens....

May 23, 2019, 6:46 PM

We are back and had a good time. Thanks for the advise and questions. I combined everyone's advise into one question since I didn't want to take too much of the guide's time..

It went something like "would you want your daughter to go to school of the most druken, vile, repugnant leg humpers located in a state constituted to be a prison, where there seems to be alot of these humpers with poor haircuts yelling racist comments to players who would have helped them almost win a national championship for a team whose original mascot was a goat and where classical music consists of two banjos played by one guy drawing up fake punts and one girl with an unfortunate face resembling a butt with teeth?"...

Glad to be home...

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic