Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
clemson point guard on final possession in regulation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

clemson point guard on final possession in regulation

Mar 10, 2016, 3:58 PM

I remember this specifically. We had about 13 seconds to make a good shot and Holmes took about 8 seconds to cross half court, and then throws up this god awful shot. The nokno tries to tip in, and it looked more like a volleyball spike!! What was that? Our current point guard isn't the answer either. I've seen better guards play pickup ball at Fike, and that isn't a lie!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

he played well with the exception of a couple of times

Mar 10, 2016, 4:00 PM

when he held the ball too long as the shot clock wound down...He3 scored 19 points....how many Fike pgs could do that in the ACCT Matlock?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he played well with the exception of a couple of times

Mar 10, 2016, 4:02 PM

You can't honestly say he's an Acc caliber PG. I'd take Rod Hall over him, and I never thought I'd say that

null

Re: he played well with the exception of a couple of times

Mar 10, 2016, 4:23 PM

Brownell did earlier this season.

the PG should be aware that there was 13 seconds left..

Mar 10, 2016, 4:27 PM

That wasn't the coaches fault

null

Re: the PG should be aware that there was 13 seconds left..

Mar 10, 2016, 4:30 PM

Brownell saying that he missed having rod hall as his pg is not the coaches fault? I mean, like, how is it not his fault to replace rod hall, or you know, coach up a kid on campus to fill those shoes?

You cannot criticize Holmes after the game he had last night

Mar 10, 2016, 4:10 PM

If you want to get critical on the final play of regulation, why didn't our coach call a timeout? The only reason not to in that situation is to prevent the defense from getting set. But that clearly wasn't the case after Holmes took his time coming up the court. CBB should've been all over that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^THIS!!!^^^***

Mar 10, 2016, 4:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: You cannot criticize Holmes after the game he had last night

Mar 10, 2016, 4:31 PM [ in reply to You cannot criticize Holmes after the game he had last night ]

Agreed. How many times did Clemson have trouble inbounding the ball late in games this year? I was fine with the just let them play call made there.

Re: You cannot criticize Holmes after the game he had last night

Mar 10, 2016, 4:37 PM

Wow. His career game was 19 points. Rod Halls was 25, and Hall had more AWARENESS

null

He should have been told....

Mar 10, 2016, 4:12 PM

by his coach to push the ball up the court and get it in Blossingames
hands with 8 Plus seconds to go. No coaching on offense.

As well as Holmes played for most of the game, he completely

Mar 10, 2016, 4:24 PM

lost his mind in the last few minutes. It was bad. At one point in overtime, Roper wouldn't let him bring the ball up in spite of his pleading.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clemson point guard on final possession in regulation

Mar 10, 2016, 5:33 PM

Holmes did the right thing by driving to the basket. It looked like he was fouled on the way in. Certainly more of a foul than many called on us in the last few minutes. If the foul was called correctly then we would have won.

After Jaron set the screen for the drive, he rolled off and

Mar 10, 2016, 5:45 PM

was wide open at the three. Avry should have thrown it back to him in lieu of shooting from behind the goal.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic