Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe Old News...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,683

Maybe Old News...

Dec 11, 2018, 9:15 AM

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2018/12/10/18134431/clay-webb-to-uga-clemson-tigers-mitch-hyatt-oline-recruiting-in-2019-putnam-star-big-jackson-carman

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe Old News...

Dec 11, 2018, 9:51 AM

Thanks for posting! I haven't seen much on here lately about o-line recruiting.....

As this article states, we are not elite on our Oline & Dabo may have to help recruit!

Dec 11, 2018, 9:53 AM

Boys, i trust Coach & his Asst Coaches but Clemson does Not have the skilled Olinemen to run that ball against the Bama’s, Dawgs & other talented Dlines..imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good article, it's pretty much spot on***

Dec 11, 2018, 10:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 11:05 AM

If those guys would speak the truth like that on T-Net, They would get TD-ed senseless. Most T-Netters are afraid to speak about what they really feel, bc they don't want their pulse falling below 70% for the reasons of being called a coot, myself included!!! If it wasn't for the good friendships I have made here through the years, I guess I would be called a coot, but those friendships have actually save my pulse from suffering, and I am grateful to them bc I get a lot more TD's than I believe I have deserved only bc my opinion has been different, and has been honest.

The truth is, our offensive line surely needs to be with better talent than we have been bringing in. Go look at our 2019 commits, we have 24 players committed, and we have One 3 star OL, and One 3 star TE committed. In our 2020 recruiting, we have One 4 star OL, and two 3 star OL and the Two 3 star guy are light, and will have to gain more muscle weight before they can play. Our OL recruiting needs to be fixed, and soon with what ever needs to be done to get it fixed, or the Elite QB and Receivers that we get, they will start falling off!!! Star TD-ing away but, I can promise anyone this, there isn't anyone that loves Clemson sports more that I do!!!

I've been a Clemson fan for 56 years, Frank Howard was still walking the side line when I became a Clemson Tiger, and I have lived through some heart breaking season in my time as a Tiger, and the last 10 years have been the best years of my time, and I don't want to see it go away or even fall off in the time I have left. At 66 with diabetes and high blood pressure, I'm sure I don't have a long time left in this world, and I pray that I don't have to go through another bad season with what ever time I have left to pull for my Tiger team. And I love putting on my Tiger Paw gear, and ride my Tiger scheme Harley around coot College St., Green St and down Assembly street at noon on Friday during FB season. WOW, I always get a #### of a good rush when I take that ride !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sucks to lose. Our coaches are clueless when it comes

Dec 11, 2018, 11:07 AM

to the OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe Old News... ]

I agree with most of your post except for two things.

First, worrying that a junior is high school is not yet big enough to play o-line does not mean much. Those guys will likely be 25-30 pounds heavier by their freshmen enrollment date.

Second, thinking that our QB, WR, and RB recruiting will soon fall off without better o-line recruiting is hard to believe. If you compare our 2011, 12, 13, & 14 o-lines with 15-18 there is no comparison. When Deshaun signed on our o-line was terrible. Same for when Spiller, Watkins, Hopkins and others signed on before. While our o-line may not be at the same level as other positions, it is by no means getting worse than it was when we started this run of bringing in elite players at the skill positions.

Dec 11, 2018, 11:32 AM

I appreciate your opinion, and I'm thinking that if it was me. If a team I was going to play for as a QB or WR, I would want a good OL for the QB to have enough time to get the ball to a WR!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:44 PM

I respect your opinion. However I think Clemson getting great players, TL, ETN, etc, is based on much much more than the OL.

Let's keep it in perspective here, TL has hardly been hit much less sacked the last several games. Granted the competition is getting tougher, so we'll see. Also, we act like 3 star players aren't good players or capable of being coached up.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,683
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic