Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Naturally we would all prefer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Naturally we would all prefer

Mar 18, 2019, 12:29 PM

To be in the big dance but there aren’t many top flight teams that haven’t played recently in the NIT.. I recall the unbeatable tar holes playing just a few years back. They lost as I recall.

The Tigers have been to the championship game twice in recent times. Both close loses to good teams.
Before the ncaa expanded to 64 teams there was more opportunities for teams to be in the NIT and that expansion probably takes away some of the luster of being in the other ncaa tournament. To me, one of the advantages of playing in the nit is the opportunity to play in Madison Square Garden for the championship. That could be a positive in recruiting as well. As you know, we have a youngster joining our program next season from this area and that likely will be a big plus for the Tigers.

GO TIGERS.
Support this team to the end

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be there Tuesday ***

Mar 18, 2019, 12:40 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naturally we would all prefer

Mar 18, 2019, 12:40 PM

Could be right.

It definitely means Brad is recruiting the right players if the final sales pitch to recruit is

" the question is son, do you or do you not want to go somewhere that will put you in position to play in the NIT every year"

I'll pull for them to win every game

Mar 18, 2019, 12:47 PM

but thinking this helps recruiting in any way is delusional. No ACC level recruit is excited about the NIT

Re: I'll pull for them to win every game

Mar 18, 2019, 1:09 PM

Only way this could help in recruiting is:

Assuming that high school basketball players watch college basketball on tv.

NIT games will be on tv.

Seeing Clemson on ESPN a few more times and possibly winning games versus a bubble team having a bad showing on TruTV and getting bounced from the tournament early gives us a chance to get the eyes of recruits on us.

I know this is a stretch but it is the only way that our situation could be spun in a positive way for recruiting.

On the other hand, making a run in the NIT next season could be sold as a spring board to bigger things with a young team. Sadly with 4 seniors, you can't play that card.

Barring quantum leaps by several players

Mar 18, 2019, 1:28 PM

the post-season of any kind next year is very unlikely. 20 ACC games will not be kind to us

As the village idiot

Mar 18, 2019, 6:36 PM

I would say that the Tigers beating Indiana or Texas etc in Madison Square Garden would be of no interest to any kid looking to play college basketball. Watching Duke beat Tennessee School for the Deaf and Blind in the Big Dance would be a much bigger thrill. But what do I know????

Recruits see 3 of the first 5 picks in the draft

Mar 18, 2019, 6:58 PM

when they look at Duke. Indiana would be at their place. Texas may fire their coach.

I've never been a Brad hater and have been mostly supportive. But things in life run their course. After next year, barring him getting ahead of the curve and moving to another job, it will have officially run its course. We're in a minimum 2 year rebuild, and year one is likely to be very ugly. Coaches in their 10th year just dont have that long of a rope

Re: Recruits see 3 of the first 5 picks in the draft

Mar 18, 2019, 9:36 PM

A potential game with Indiana would be inNew York would it not!

No, we're in their bracket

Mar 19, 2019, 8:21 AM

Would be in Bloomington. The winners of the 4 brackets advance to NY

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic