Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson versus South Carolina Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Clemson versus South Carolina Recruiting

May 30, 2013, 7:24 PM

In 2009 Dabo Swinney signed his first class as head coach at Clemson. He struggled in numbers, only signing 12 players, but faired pretty well in quality. That same year South Carolina signed a class ranked by Rivals as the 12th best in the country featuring a whopping 29 players. Clemson's class was ranked 37th by Rivals that year.

These classes would be redshirt seniors heading into this season. An astounding 7 of 12 players that Dabo Swinney signed that year will be with the team this coming season. That is 58% of his first class have stuck with him for the full 5 years. Even more impressive, a man who knew he needed to win and win immediately to keep his job was able to take the long view and redshirt this many players. South Carolina, by contrast, will be returning 2 of the 29 players that joined their program in 2009. That's 7% if you're keeping score at home.

Now, to be fair, you can spin this a lot of ways. That 2009 class at South Carolina had a lot of NFL talent and they were put to work early and have moved on. But most have simply been grist in the mill.

So here's my point. For the first time since 2009, Clemson will go into the season with depth of talent equal to or greater than South Carolina's. Even more importantly, Clemson returns exponentially more senior leadership. I don't think the value of those 7 redshirt seniors (8 if we count Cantanzarro - he wasnt't a signee in 2009) can be overstated. And, though there is plenty of time for things to change, if we can maintain the gap with them in this recruiting cycle we may put them exactly where they put us the last four years. Add to that, Spurriers age is bound to begin being a factor on the recruiting trail (if it isn't already) and things could be looking up for some time. Anyway, it has been a good day to be a Tiger fan. Hope to see plenty of Orange in the stands this weekend!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just needs to start translating into wins against them...

May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM

we were banged up going into the 2010 game and last year was one that got away in the 3rd qtr.

The gap hasn't really ever been that far apart. I am ready to end this misery of losing to them. I can't live another year in this state if we lose again this year.

Its been a rough 4 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

banged up in 2010 and an OC who was running a middle...

May 30, 2013, 10:32 PM

school offense

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: banged up in 2010 and an OC who was running a middle...

May 31, 2013, 6:40 AM

Well that was Napier's and Dabo's first time cluster ##### together. Napier trying to be a first time OC, and Dabo trying to be a first time OC and HC together. That ended in them both looking like a :) monkey trying to fly an air plane for the very first time :) Crash and burn!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: banged up in 2010 and an OC who was running a middle...

May 31, 2013, 8:33 AM

I thought he meant Morris's play calling in last year's game. It could be applied to both.

Well thought out and researched. This IS the year. +1.***

May 30, 2013, 7:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson versus South Carolina Recruiting

May 30, 2013, 7:35 PM

Interesting stats. Thanks for sharing.

Also worth noting that every player recruited in 2009 except Bryce McNeil (transfer) and JK Jay (injury) became heavy contributors ... about 83% ! There is every reason to believe that JK Jay would have been a starter by now too, so that number is probably closer to 92% ...

And 4-5 on the guys who ended up boosting the ratings on that SCAR 2009 class were originally ours until they jumped ship ... some of them were total busts, but some were real difference makers that we could have used.

Although it seems like a ridiculous notion today, a lot of people have been screaming for a change in coaches for the past few years ... the 2009 recruiting results and the subsequent problems with depth at key positions and overall numbers should be a warning sign to those who want to make coaching changes capriciously.

Now with all that said ... it is way past high time we turned things around with SCAR.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old Ball Sack will retire before he lets Clemson (and

May 30, 2013, 7:42 PM

Dabo in particular) regain the upper hand. If we win this year, I think he'll get out and sqauwk about how he did against Clemson in his days at Chicken U until he shrivels up and dies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Wonder if he'll wear a SCAR visor or a Gator visor on the

May 30, 2013, 7:46 PM

golf course in retirement?

Will he acknowledge SCAR as a big part of his legacy when he will not have won a championship, or will he do like Holtz and fall back on past glory to cover his tracks?

He will ALWAYS be a Gator....

May 30, 2013, 7:50 PM

one doesn't win the Heisman, multiple SEC 'ships and a MNC at a premier school and then move on to a project in old age (even if it turns out to be successful) and forget his roots. OBS is Gator to the core.....and it burns the cooties up. Makes me laugh....

Re: He will ALWAYS be a Gator....

May 30, 2013, 9:12 PM

I dont know a single gamecock fan who is bothered by that. Everyone understands he is a gator. There is no doubt though that he has enjoyed south carolina and has done a good job for us.

Re: He will ALWAYS be a Gator....

May 30, 2013, 11:48 PM

No coot ##### about it because he's the best coach you guys have ever had. If he wasn't winning I think it would be quite the opposite opinion. I agree that he's done a lot for your school and I likely wouldn't mind either.

come on now, that would burn be a new one. knowing the best

May 31, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: He will ALWAYS be a Gator.... ]

hc my school ever had was using my school to pad his bank account and trying to add to his resume as the best of all-time at this school (i'll give you that), and the sec as a whole(unsuccessfully),all the while not giving a ### about the school . also, think about how clemson fans feel about rick barnes, and we are not even close to being a basketball school. so, if y'all usuc fans are that starved for glory, y'all had better stick to any glory hole you can find, if you know what i am saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: come on now, that would burn be a new one. knowing the best

May 31, 2013, 8:51 PM

I really have no idea what you are saying.

Jun 1, 2013, 12:11 AM

he's saying you like ####. I mean Gamecocks of course. ;)

Jun 1, 2013, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: come on now, that would burn be a new one. knowing the best ]

i am really wondering how usuc fans can stand up and cheer,defend his actions, and lick the tail of a hc that doesn't even like usuc- he has admitted his loyalty to uf. the barnes analogy was used, because as you know, he has not 1 single clemson fan that will give him the time of day, and he is like y'alls 'ol ball coach- the best our school has had(for a particular sport).

remember the one year where the coots games were scheduled..

May 30, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to He will ALWAYS be a Gator.... ]

for Spurrier to receive awards at Duke and Florida. He is Gator to the core and could careless about the coots.

Re: Wonder if he'll wear a SCAR visor or a Gator visor on the

May 30, 2013, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Wonder if he'll wear a SCAR visor or a Gator visor on the ]

He's in Gainesville today accepting a "Great Floridian" award from the Governor. He has also pretty much said his affections are to Florida because he played and coached there, Duke because they gave him his first head coaching job, and South Carolina (because he has to list them somewhere) in that order. He also said he plans to move back to Florida when he retires - but plans to keep his condo by Williams Brice - so he has a place to stay for the Florida game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder if he'll wear a SCAR visor or a Gator visor on the

May 31, 2013, 7:05 AM

And at that game, he will throw his visor and cuss if the coots make a play against Florida. When Florida scores a TD, the coot fans will have to watch him celebrate Florida scoring. Spurprick went to usuc to prove he could turn a pile of sheet into a pot of soup. Either way though, if it's a pile of sheet, or in a pot called soup. It's still pure sheet no matter how it's stacked or boiled!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gator visor for sure. And that's nothing against SCar.

May 30, 2013, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Wonder if he'll wear a SCAR visor or a Gator visor on the ]

Spurrier came to South Carolina and set a bunch of records, and did things that people said that he wouldn't be able to do, even if it did take him 8 years (that number may be wrong, I don't know how long he's been there).

But he is a legend at Florida, won a national championship with them, played there, won a Heisman there. He's done a nice job with South Carolina, but Florida is #1 and he has admitted that. His time at SCar was not a failure, but it wasn't near his success at Florida, winning who knows how many SEC championships.

Love how this gets me a TD. If you're not bashing them,

May 30, 2013, 10:17 PM

you are going to get TD'd. This place is funny. Keeps me coming back.

Re: Love how this gets me a TD. If you're not bashing them,

May 31, 2013, 7:09 AM

Well, 'bye, coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Love how this gets me a TD. If you're not bashing them,

May 31, 2013, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Love how this gets me a TD. If you're not bashing them, ]

Well I tu'd you, then I looked to see what you had said to get TD'd in your other post. And honestly I didn't see where you said anything that should have pissed anybody off. Unless it was a B!tch with very sensitive feeling. Well gay's are more sensitive than real women are anyway.

appreciate it***

Jun 1, 2013, 2:26 AM

Re: Gator visor for sure. And that's nothing against SCar.

May 31, 2013, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Gator visor for sure. And that's nothing against SCar. ]

A bunch of records? What's he done or won?

Yeah he beat us 4 in a row BUT we play in the ACC remember COOT

Re: Gator visor for sure. And that's nothing against SCar.

May 31, 2013, 8:34 AM

He will shatter many Ga state records this year. Are you paying attn, ArmsB? I'm no coot, btw......where did that come from?!!!

It's not hard to set record's at a place like that.

May 31, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Gator visor for sure. And that's nothing against SCar. ]

I could go play little league and set records.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Right, but they are records nonetheless.

Jun 1, 2013, 2:27 AM

He did things that no one else has done there, which in the big scheme of things, still isn't a lot. But he will be remembered fondly in their eyes.

He's gonna be sportin' them 5th place rings fo sho in his

May 30, 2013, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Wonder if he'll wear a SCAR visor or a Gator visor on the ]

golden retirement years out on the links. Fo get all that Heisman and championship stuff down in Florida. #5 and alive, brother Apex.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat them this year he will retire….

May 30, 2013, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Old Ball Sack will retire before he lets Clemson (and ]

the only thing that kept Spurrier at SCU was being able to beat SCU's rival team, if it wasn't for that Spurrier would have retired if we would have beat them in 2009.

Re: If we beat them this year he will retire….

May 31, 2013, 1:19 PM

Hw won't be retiring any time soon then.

Re: Old Ball Sack will retire before he lets Clemson (and

May 31, 2013, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Old Ball Sack will retire before he lets Clemson (and ]

I'm willing to make a bet right now that when Spurprick retires. And when being ask about his days at usuc, he will say you talking about that other school that I could never get elite recruits to come to for some reason. Usuc will then be that other school just like Clemson....

As always, excellent points Viz...

May 30, 2013, 7:45 PM

You always bring it and back it up with numbers. I love what Dabo and co. have done with the players we sign. As I see it, all we have to do now is regularly BEAT CAROLINA....keep on going to BCS bowls and be in play for the MNC. We're a lot closer than some think. It all starts this August. Go Tigers!

Agree. But they always out-recruited us when Holtz 1st

May 30, 2013, 9:08 PM

arrived, but we always found a way to win.

It starts with recruiting, no doubt, but we've just got to start finding ways to beat them instead of finding ways to lose.

Holtz only out recruited us 1 year, and that 1 year was...

May 30, 2013, 10:45 PM

filled with busts

Holtz out recruited us by signing thugs and petty criminals.

May 31, 2013, 9:04 AM

Of course, during that period of time, members of the chickentech baseball team and womens basketball team were also caught engaging in theft and drug sales.

Wouldn't it be great to see the security film showing all those football team stealing from their own athletic dept?? I'm sure one exists somewhere

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holtz only out recruited us 1 year, and that 1 year was...

May 31, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Holtz only out recruited us 1 year, and that 1 year was... ]

It had to be two years because Bowden had back to back years that were absolutely abysmal - 2003 and 2004 I believe. If not, either side of those years. Truly terrible bottom of the ACC classes but we tolerated it because we kept beating a craptastic South Carolina program.

May 30, 2013, 9:32 PM

It would be nice if you could include us having the upper hand in coaching, too. However we spin it, their coaches simply prepare their players to play us better than Dabo & Co. prepare ours to play them. Hail, we out recruit them all the time----we just have a hard time beating them on the field.

Schizophrenic much? Who you fooling? Not me... maybe you?***

May 30, 2013, 9:36 PM

Re: Schizophrenic much? Who you fooling? Not me... maybe you?***

May 31, 2013, 4:02 AM

translation, please?

However we spin Spurrier, the guy knows how to coach a

May 30, 2013, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson versus South Carolina Recruiting ]

game, especially on offense. They've kept the ball 37 minutes plus the past four years and have eaten our lunch each time. Get those bastages off the field and it's a different ballgame.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kept the Ball 37 Minutes

May 31, 2013, 4:00 AM

It seemed like an eternity. Plus several bad calls kept their defense on the field. That last TD was given to them IMO. I honestly think CU was the better team. Also, I think Chad was distracted interviews and interest from other programs.

Re: Kept the Ball 37 Minutes

May 31, 2013, 8:32 AM

I have to agree with the Chad distracted with lining up interviews cost us in that game... I surely hope that Dabo has made it perfectly clear that everyone on his staff will NOT be allowed to talk to anyone out side of Clemson about a job until our season is plainly and undeniably OVER. And all of the game equipment has been put away until spring practice comes around. Well that should keep their heads into what Clemson is doing. And honestly, that is what our coaches are getting Paid very well to do, and especially The Chad. The highest paid OC in all of college Football, oh deer!!!;)

May 31, 2013, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson versus South Carolina Recruiting ]

With us only signing 12 recruits in 2009, we can blame for the 4 straight wins by the coots. They have had way more depth with the 29 they recruited in 2009. That has served them well but, that played out at the end of last season. With a saying I've used through out my life. It will be a horse of a different color this season and on down the road. Things will finally get back on it's normal course. We will win 4 or 5 in a row, then they will luck one out on us. Then we will take another 4 or 5 in a row. Like I've already said, things will be back to it's usual course this season!!!

May 31, 2013, 8:18 AM

I would give up half my retirement if we could go there in Nov and ring up another 63-17 type game. It would shut up those arrogant bastages for months. That, and knocking them out of their own regional would go a long way in putting them in their natural place. We are at a crossroads right now.....either we start beating them, as we always have, or we have to put up with their crowing. I for one have had enough.....hope our players and coaches have too.

May 30, 2013, 10:01 PM

not to mention 2 of the coots class were Clemson commits that left after Bowdens firing

May 30, 2013, 10:23 PM

these 4 bailed on us and went over to SCAR:

Ben Axon
Devonte Holloman
Demario Jeffery
Leon Mackey

Jun 1, 2013, 7:43 AM

Holloman was the only one that actually contributed for them, wasn't he? Says a lot about TB's great eye for talent.

May 30, 2013, 10:01 PM

not to mention 2 of the coots class were Clemson commits that left after Bowdens firing

We have had better talent than them, they have just run...

May 30, 2013, 10:31 PM

out of highly recruited players out of Rock Hill to pay, and don't have any 5 star longtime shamecock fans like Marcus Lattimore to go after. We consistently out recruit the coots. Our past 4 losses to the coots have been due to poor coaching and lack of focus. That's not knocking our current coaching staff. But hearing one of the coaches talk at the prowl and growl they knew they didn't prepare right this past season against the coots. And that was obviously addressed between the coot loss and the game against LSU.

Re: We have had better talent than them, they have just run...

May 31, 2013, 4:06 AM

Poor coaching.......exactly! They have consistently outcoached us for the past four years! We can sugarcoat this anyway we like, but the FACTS remain the same!

May 31, 2013, 4:47 AM

Right you are, Bengal. TU. As I posted earlier, this is somewhat of a chicken and egg thing. Bring in the best instate kids and as many oos studs as we can get. Win a couple in a row and the tide will turn and order, restored. We simply must beat them on the field. It will do wonders for the mindset of the players, fan base and instate kids who want to play for a winner. I believe it will change this Nov. I firmly believe we will be undefeated when we go into W-B and stomp a mudhole in their azzes. Win the ACC CG and we're playing for all the marbles. It is all setting up nicely. Beat UGA and we're off to the races. It....will....happen.

May 31, 2013, 11:55 PM [ in reply to We have had better talent than them, they have just run... ]

Biggest myth pumped out by fans, coaches and recruiting pundits EVER.

Where has Scar beaten us the past 4 years? Anyone wanna guess?

Has it been QB. NO! They used a backup to beat us.
Has it been RB, NO! they used a backup AND a 3rd stringer!
HAs it been WR? NO! They used Average WR's to beat us.

So why? We have better talent at those areas.

I'll tell you! Lines of scrimmage! They have better talent there the last four years.

THAT is where the rubber hits the road boys!

Learn from it or we will be stuck in Princess ball mode forever. Recruit better lineman!

May 30, 2013, 11:47 PM

Recruiting is nice. However, winning on the field is what counts. Hard for me to get excited over recruiting while getting our butt kicked four years in a row.

May 31, 2013, 9:17 AM

Yes we know what you mean. And that is happening to us what, about 45 years apart. Woooooo that's tough, for them!!! It's a ### good thing we're not in their shoes though. We beat them twice for Four straight in a row from 1997 to 2005. We even beat them 10 out of 12 from 1997 to 2008. That had to have been a very hard pill to swallow if you are a coot. No wonder they have gave their bragging rights a new meaning with their fear the thumb slogan after their 4 in a row. But I kind of bet that 10 out of 12 still chokes the h&ll out them even with their little 4 in a row 45 years apart... That must be why they came up with the fear the thumb slogan they use, but their thumb will never be used to measure a 5th win over us. They have been bragging about a win they don't have and will never have. LMAO, 10 out of 12 from us does that stupid BS to them I guess... They are getting pretty good with their fear the thumb slogan but, it's counting their little coots before they have hatched. Life time losers do stupid sheet like that though. I'm still LMFAO at them/coots!!!

May 31, 2013, 11:14 AM

I dont why y'all keep saying that Clemson finally has more talent than SC now because y'all have recruited better. Y'all have out recruited us since Dabo's beginning...Clemson has had 25 ESPN 150 recruits since 2009 and 29 ESPN 300 (created this year) while SC has had 15 ESPN 150 recruits and 17 ESPN 300 recruits. Clemson has had 40 4/5 stars since 2010 (stars were not available in 2009) while SC has had 33 since 2010. Getting the talent is important but developing the talent once it is there is more important; that is what separates the 2 programs over the last 4 years.

Then riddle me this, coot: Why is it only 2 of your 2009

May 31, 2013, 12:54 PM

class of 29 signees are still on the roster, since you keep on harping the "development" theme?

We have 9 of our original 15 still on the roster and ALL are starters.

I'm waiting.

Screw Calford.

Re: Then riddle me this, coot: Why is it only 2 of your 2009

May 31, 2013, 1:27 PM

Ever heard a little thing called the NFL? The league where The Gamecocks send more players to every spring, and have more total players in? Check your local listings on Sundays in the fall and you will see where those players are...

oh it that is? I woulda guess jail.***

May 31, 2013, 1:31 PM

Re: oh it that is? I woulda guess jail.***

May 31, 2013, 1:34 PM

yes it that is...you woulda guess wrong...
I would have guessed midlands grad '11 with that grammar

HAHA touche sir. I was just in such a hurry to try and troll

May 31, 2013, 1:36 PM

you.

fail.

Re: HAHA touche sir. I was just in such a hurry to try and troll

May 31, 2013, 1:42 PM

not here to troll at all. i like to read all aspects of a rivalry. However, stats like the ones the OP put up are extremely misleading. I could just have easily posted the same stats but spun them in my favor. I could say that clemson's staff couldn't develop talent from the 2009 class and that's why they are still in school and not in the NFL. That % of players still in school is now a negative recruiting tactic and could sway recruits away. It's that easy

Yea... I mean it's a fact we recruit better

May 31, 2013, 1:46 PM

and it's a fact you develop better. But we're seeing efforts to improve development with new hire including the nutritionist and the assistant S&C coach, among other things.

Just hope for you guys that you seem equal improvement in recruiting.

Obviously I DONT hope that, but you know what I meant***

May 31, 2013, 1:46 PM

Re: Yea... I mean it's a fact we recruit better

May 31, 2013, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Yea... I mean it's a fact we recruit better ]

I think our coaches are satisfied with our recruiting. Star ratings might not always show it but when we see a need we really push to fill it not only with talent, but also with depth. For example, clemson may sign a 5* wr and the fans obviously get excited whereas Carolina might sign a 4* and two 3*. One creates excitement and looks good, but the other might be more valuable to the team long term if the 1 recruit you count on doesn't pan out. Obviously star ratings are important and there are "can't miss" 5* guys such as a clowney etc...but the star rating system is wrong A LOT. The ratings on rivals, espn, etc... IMO are for fans to brag and get excited about. The coaches couldn't care less about star ratings as 1) they do their own talent evaluations, and 2)they are looking to fill needs based on talent, personality, team fit, depth and stuff like that no matter what star rivals may say they are.

was y'all not put on probation for these same recruiting yrs

May 31, 2013, 6:39 PM

i must be missing something.

Re: HAHA touche sir. I was just in such a hurry to try and troll

May 31, 2013, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: HAHA touche sir. I was just in such a hurry to try and troll ]

Nice try - only a Coot would think the 19 players you have had drafted since 2009 is a larger number than the 21 Clemson has had drafted. Why use facts when you can just make things up. It was a simple mistake - a Coot is so unfamiliar with the NFL draft it would have been easy to assume you must have had more players go than Clemson.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

May 31, 2013, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Then riddle me this, coot: Why is it only 2 of your 2009 ]

Nice try - only a Coot would think the 19 players you have had drafted since 2009 is a larger number than the 21 Clemson has had drafted. Why use facts when you can just make things up. It was a simple mistake - a Coot is so unfamiliar with the NFL draft it would have been easy to assume you must have had more players go than Clemson.

May 31, 2013, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson versus South Carolina Recruiting ]

What we say on here is no bizzness for coots!!!

May 31, 2013, 1:28 PM

We process kids who aren't good enough to contribute. With the success dabo has had so far this year. It seems you will process a few kids to clear up space for more recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 31, 2013, 7:40 PM

Nice way of putting it. at least you are honest.

May 31, 2013, 6:38 PM

any time a schools signs a class that's light in numbers, they make it up in subsequent years. As you said, we only have 2 of our class left and Clemson still has 7-8 so how is that class still hurting Clemson? Many of our guys from that class are gone because we are just recruiting better players now and those in that class just couldn't match up with the ones we're getting now. 2014 will be our best class ever, even with a small number of scholarships and 2015 is looking just as good.

uh, look at the rivals rankings this year, what better guys?

May 31, 2013, 6:44 PM

we had our hc in ojt, while y'all brought in a hof hc, we are now ready to take our rightful spot at the top, while your hc is looking for a new retirement home. read it and weep, you know it's true.

May 31, 2013, 6:45 PM

Dress it up any way you want it, bit Dabo seems to spin signing day into a victory every year. Be nice to translate the supposed dominance in recruiting to November. Signing great players is nice. But coaching comes into play after that. That is the lacking part.

May 31, 2013, 6:57 PM

I would like to thank all the coots for the info, now please go back home to fgf you are not welcome here

As long as Dat Boy is coaching them

May 31, 2013, 7:49 PM

spurrier will continue to be his Daddy.

Re: As long as Dat Boy is coaching them

Jun 1, 2013, 9:38 AM

You coots will be hating Dabo even more when he pulls away from your red neck bottom feeder pit you call billy brice. Dat boy will begin running your daddy spurrier out of cootlumbia starting November 2013. EVERY college FB team suffers for a while after the firing of their HC, and Clemson has suffered from the firing of Tommy Bowden. Dabo has brought Clemson back stronger and better than any year that TB was HC. Fear the thumb, Right, catchy slogan for sure, but as classless as the fans that use it. And it's laughable, just as your fan base has always been. Even with the little success your FB team has had the past few years. All fan bases are still laughing at your fan base. A few successful years won't wipe away a complete history of being a no body. If y'all won't the laughter to calm down, stop your bragging about so little success that's compared to a history of failure. Nobody likes a bragger, especially a bragger that's never done much of nothing....

wherther 1 or 20 are still on the USC roster...

Jun 1, 2013, 9:02 AM

who cares? The class is 4-0 against Clemson. back to back 11 win seasons.
Yay, Clemson won the roster retention battle!!! Pretty lame way to spin a positive out of that for you guys. USC had a lot of bust on that class, and a lot of hits. There are 7 4 stars that never contributed at all. Makes the beat downs even more impressive!

How do Recoots , i mean recruits...

Jun 1, 2013, 9:15 AM

at Sackerlina EVER fail out of that program ? It is akin to going to a community college academically and add to that the joke classes that geniuses like DooDoo Clowney are coddled through...its befuddling. I guess the Ol Bald Sack has the right pull to be able to keep the dummies that play well and remove dummies who do not.
Clemson should win the "rivalry" game in the Roach this year and then with the talent disparity ever widening in our favor , get back to winning 4 out of every 6 like its always been.

DB23

Position by position breakdown IMO.

Jun 1, 2013, 11:59 AM

Position by position breakdown IMO.

QB- SC, I know full well Tahj is more of an NFL prospect than SCs QBs but Shaw and Thompson have a abused Clemson and Tahj has struggled mightily.

RB- SC
WR- clemson
Ol- SC
TE- SC

DL- SC
LB- Clemson
DB- SC, barely but they have more experience.

Coaching- SC, no debate here.

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic