Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As a vocal Jack supporter, now that we are at this point...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

As a vocal Jack supporter, now that we are at this point...

Jun 12, 2015, 2:59 PM

I don't understand the criticism of Monte Lee as a potential hire. Can someone lay out a detailed case as to why he seems like a not so good hire? His resume looks pretty dang good to me. I mean... nowhere as good as Jack's but that's already been settled. Monte Lee has been impressive for the last 10 or so years in my opinion. No way he would leave us for the coot job if it came open a year or two after. No way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a vocal Jack supporter, now that we are at this point...

Jun 12, 2015, 3:00 PM

In either event, a clause could be inserted into his contract to make sure that doesn't happen, or perhaps attach a gigantic buyout clause if he did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Why would he though? He doesn't have any more ties to them

Jun 12, 2015, 3:01 PM

than Brad Scott did. And Brad Scott was part of our 63-17 fest.

Re: Why would he though? He doesn't have any more ties to them

Jun 12, 2015, 3:02 PM

Don't get me wrong--I agree with you. The likelihood of that happening is remote IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Monte Lee is pretty chapped about being passed over

Jun 12, 2015, 3:01 PM

for the SCar job. He won't ever leave for SCar unless he's fired.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Make it a condition in his contract just in case he

wants to have a change of heart.

When Tanner passed him over for Chad Holbrook .. that

pretty much ended his desire to coach scar.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if he would still consider them at this point... once

Jun 12, 2015, 3:03 PM

we hired him that would shut that down. Clemson has every bit as much potential as SCAR does at this point. Now that some of the huge financial and red tape advantages are being finally removed.

Maybe Tanner knows something that we don't.***

Jun 12, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to When Tanner passed him over for Chad Holbrook .. that ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, things are working out great for them.***

Jun 12, 2015, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: yeah, things are working out great for them.***

Jun 12, 2015, 4:50 PM

I hope that Tanner is still the AD when Spurrier retires

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 12, 2015, 3:11 PM

I just don't think it's the kind of hire that you oust someone like Jack to make. Pawlowski sets a pretty strong precedent for where this could go. We were promised a national search and it's obvious this was the guy all along. Further, I think the lack of other viable candidates has left Lee completely in the drivers seat and he's playing hardball is the only reason a deal hasn't been announced. He's gonna milk the "nervous about following an ousted Hall of Famer" to a contract he hasnt earned and should have afforded us a more proven head coach. That said, it could be a lot worse and I don't expect he'll be here more than 4-5 years regardless of performance.

But yesterday you said Perno would be the coach.

Jun 12, 2015, 3:16 PM

smh

Re: But yesterday you said Perno would be the coach.

Jun 12, 2015, 3:18 PM

Actually I think I agreed with someone that it was a smart move to float Perno's name so this seems like a homerun. And everything I say on the Internet is completely literal and not at all hyperbolic or sarcastic.

Re: But yesterday you said Perno would be the coach.

Jun 12, 2015, 3:23 PM [ in reply to But yesterday you said Perno would be the coach. ]

Vivitz has said a lot of BS over the past week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Like a child that didn't get his way.***

Jun 12, 2015, 3:24 PM

heartwarming to see Bashful and 117 extend the olive

Jun 12, 2015, 3:39 PM

Branch and start the healing amongst all of us Tigers. You earn your Internet citizenship badge today boys!

I suppose you have forgotten calling me a

Jun 12, 2015, 4:10 PM

dipsh*t and dumbfuk two days ago.

Does the olive branch only extend one way?

Re: I suppose you have forgotten calling me a

Jun 12, 2015, 4:16 PM

I've apologized more than once if I took things too far and I certainly think that would qualify. So, my apologies for using such hostile language.

Jun 12, 2015, 4:21 PM

Thank you. I honestly never saw your previous apologies, but I acknowledge and accept this one. I'm sure I have done my part in taking this subject down a bad direction. I also apologize and will temper my posts going forward.

Jun 12, 2015, 4:32 PM

Hopefully except for the actual trolls we all want the same thing. I had a tremendous amount of faith and confidence in Coach Leggett and said in one of my first posts after he was fired that I was really just going to be experimenting in extreme reverse psychology. Believing good things would happen the last 5 years got me nowhere so maybe if I was intensely pessimistic about this hire it would work out for the best.

Re: heartwarming to see Bashful and 117 extend the olive

Jun 12, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to heartwarming to see Bashful and 117 extend the olive ]

Like you are? Still on here spouting your miserable, jaded dribble. Hope Jack gets a job somewhere else pretty soon so you can run along and cheer for him.

No doubt.***

Jun 12, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: But yesterday you said Perno would be the coach. ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:He is full of it.***

Jun 12, 2015, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: But yesterday you said Perno would be the coach. ]

Jun 12, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: As a vocal Jack supporter, now that we are at this point... ]

You are right we should have just continued down our promising path that we were on...

/s

null

Such wild speculation. Where do you get this BS? I hate to

Jun 12, 2015, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: As a vocal Jack supporter, now that we are at this point... ]

break it to you, but most people felt Jack should have been forced out sooner. This is a business. Coaches understand. Jack only had one year left on his contract and refused to make changes. He had to go. Clemson is a top 10 job. The main reason getting a great replacement is a little hard is the new NCAA rules. Vandy never could have kept Corbin 3 to 5 years ago, but with the new rules he may never leave. Private schools with deep pockets have a big advantage under the new rules. But make no mistake, Clemson is a great job and a lot of darn good coaches wish they had a shot. The coaches you questioned were in fact interviewed and numerous sources confirmed it on Twitter.

null

Re: Such wild speculation. Where do you get this BS? I hate to

Jun 12, 2015, 4:48 PM

Ease up. I answered someone's pointed question, I wasn't the one that attacked you over a typo. I apologized for calling you "genius" when you made the ROH slip up. We can hug it out over a beer sometime if you want.

Re: Such wild speculation. Where do you get this BS? I hate to

Jun 12, 2015, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Such wild speculation. Where do you get this BS? I hate to ]

WHO HAVE WE INTERVIEWED OTHER THAN LEE? LINK

Numerous media sources on Twitter. And many sources

Jun 12, 2015, 5:10 PM

reported that today's interview was in fact a second interview. There was a casual first interview in Charleston earlier in the week. Simply Google MontE Lee or search his name on Twitter. Step away from Tardnet sometimes and you might learn something.

AND STOP SCREAMING!

null

Jun 12, 2015, 3:24 PM

Im excited about the change. I am really excited if the Lecroy news is true as well.

null

Lee with LeCroy on board would be sweet.***

Jun 12, 2015, 3:38 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2015, 4:49 PM

I KNOW WE HAVE A VERY GOOD RECORD AGANIST CC IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.HOW DID HE DO AGANIST THE COOTS, AND OTHER ACC/SEC TEAMS IN THE LAST TEN YEARS.WHAT WOULD HIS RESUME LOOK LIKE IF HE HAD BEEN COACHING IN BIG TIME COLLEGE BASEBALL.I KNOW CLEMSON DID NOT DO WELL THE LAST FEW YEARS, BUT OUR RPI WAS GOOD I THINK.ANY THOUGHTS ? THIS POST IS NOT TO SAY HE WON'T BE A GOOD COACH.

Jun 12, 2015, 4:51 PM

null

The best part is his handle is all caps too.

Jun 12, 2015, 5:59 PM

He is definitely "ALL IN".

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic