Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As a fan through the Ford era and a student through Hatfield
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,415

As a fan through the Ford era and a student through Hatfield

Mar 1, 2015, 10:25 PM

West, then finally an alumni through Bowden, I feel we are in a great place again finally. While no coach is perfect, we struck gold with Dabo and company IMHO.

Also, I can't help to think that USC dumping Scott added a slow fuel to the fire and after a excruciating 5 year skid to the chickens we are going to see great things against those dirt peckers in the coming years.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howard built it, Ford filled it, Hatfield killed it.

Mar 1, 2015, 10:45 PM

I remember seeing those t shirts around campus my freshman year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny

Mar 2, 2015, 6:44 AM

I don't know if he would have won another national championship, but he didn't "kill" anything. He took a program with an image issue and in his 2nd year won an ACC championship. In his 4 years he was 32-13-1. Steller - no. Bad - also no.

The fans were just still upset - which I understand. He never had our full support and so he left. It is what it is, but we should give him credit for what he did do - or try to do - which was to reestablish the program in good standing and move forward after a difficult time.

anyway -- my two cents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny

Mar 2, 2015, 6:57 AM

Hatfield without a doubt killed our program. He took over a loaded roster and won his first two years. Just when everyone thought we may be OK in his third year came 5-6 with some embarrassing losses despite many ultra talented players remaining from the Ford era. Year 4 he went 8-3 against a weak schedule, but it included the 57-0 in Tally and 24-0 at UNC. Oh, and a home loss to Wake! It was obvious by year 4 our team speed was gone. We had recruited bulky and slow athletes that couldn't compete against the top teams. The only reason Ken won some his first two years was not only was the roster talented they had that killer instinct retained from the Ford staff. And Hatfield didn't leave he was shown the door.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2015, 7:53 AM

Coach Hatfield and particularly his wife, did not enjoy being at Clemson. Coach Hatfield did little regaarding getting to know the Clemson family or to allow them to come to know him and his family. Nothing against his ability to coach, but he was not a good fit for Clemson and vice versa.

There was no ability to coach.***

Mar 2, 2015, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hatfield was the worst recruiter that Clemson has EVER seen.

Mar 2, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny ]

That is what dragged the program down during the 90's. When Hatfield left, he had neglected recruiting so badly that Clemson only had 65 scholarship players. The players he left us with were simply not able to compete against the top schools. Florida State pushed Clemson around for years, and was simply head and shoulders above us.

Flash forward to today: Dabo has Clemson in position to compete with any and every school in the nation. How has he done that.....You guessed it - RECRUITING.

We are sooooooo lucky to have Dabo Swinney. He is getting it done.

Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag

Mar 2, 2015, 6:58 AM [ in reply to We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny ]

The team is his last year won some ugly games against putrid competition. They were extremely fortunate to have the record they had.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are nuts

Mar 2, 2015, 7:32 AM [ in reply to We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny ]

Hatfield was terrible. he couldn't even get the plays caled in time. He inherited a national championship caliber team, and left us with absolutey NOTHING. you guys that think you know everything amaze me.

Mar 2, 2015, 7:48 AM [ in reply to We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny ]

I will preface my reply with I don't post very much, but I read Tnet everyday and I can tell you I have lived and died with the Tigers through a lot of coaches that many of you don't even recall.

Ken Hatfield won with Danny Ford's players and bombed with his own. His legacy at Clemson includes being the first coach to ever lose to UVA . . . AND his wife hated Clemson and made no bones about it.

According to you he went on to great success at Baylor.***

Mar 2, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but you are absolutely clueless.

Mar 2, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to We shafted Hatfield because he wasn't Danny ]

Hatfield won with Danny's recruits. He severely damaged relationships with high school coaches. And one former player told me his practices were a piece of cake, especially compared to Danny's intense practices.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Whatever...glad Hatfield took his hat (and horses?) & left.*

Mar 2, 2015, 11:15 AM

GoTiGERS..keep ROCKing & wearing that electric ORANGE that the Cooties hate!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,415
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic