Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never heard of a coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 3,936

Never heard of a coach

Sep 4, 2016, 7:53 PM

having to defend winning a game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the coaches here know more***

Sep 4, 2016, 8:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All the coaches here know more***

Sep 4, 2016, 8:15 PM

apparently. did we lose?? i missed that part

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Never heard of a coach

Sep 4, 2016, 8:16 PM

He doesn't owe me an explanation but I'll never understand the logic not to kick the field goal....

Sep 4, 2016, 8:18 PM

nor does he need to explain. he won

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Seems many of our fans are spoiled rotten

Sep 4, 2016, 8:26 PM

this much whining about a win; at Auburn, at night, in game one, where we didn't play our best.

I'm quite encouraged by the D. A lot of new faces making big plays. And anyone worried about our offense need only look at the Louisville game last year, then the rest of the season.

Now two games to hopefully build some depth

Re: Seems many of our fans are spoiled rotten

Sep 4, 2016, 8:30 PM

agreed - and if this d is this steady, it's game on all year. great win at someone else's house

Re: Seems many of our fans are spoiled rotten

Sep 5, 2016, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Seems many of our fans are spoiled rotten ]

They not spoiled rotten, just best is standard. That was not out best in the last minute in any shape or form. That is why all the whining. We almost lost that game, period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, perfection is the standard

Sep 5, 2016, 10:25 AM

every time out. I'm sure you hold yourself to that standard

Sep 4, 2016, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Never heard of a coach ]

This ^^

Tu

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just wrong. Outcomes shouldn't justify decisions.

Sep 5, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Never heard of a coach ]

I could go get drunk, drive my 3 year old around in the truck for awhile, and make it home safely. It doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly stupid. It doesn't mean i wouldn't owe my wife and my entire family an explanation.

Sep 5, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Never heard of a coach ]

> He doesn't owe me an explanation but I'll never
> understand the logic not to kick the field goal....

Heugel was off a bit. He pulled both his FG attempts barely hitting the second one, missed an extra point and yanked kickoff left & OB resulting in AU getting the ball at 35.

I think Dabo had more confidence in the OL (they played great) to get the yard and in our D to hold (they played well also) than he did in Heugel to make the 3.

Some fans have the spolied***

Sep 4, 2016, 8:38 PM

Re: Some fans have the spolied***

Sep 4, 2016, 9:04 PM

That's what happens when you're good .

As a diehard fan of Clemson

Sep 4, 2016, 9:34 PM

I have every right to not be happy with a poor decision. Sad thing is it's his pride getting in the way of admitting it was a very bad decision.

Tell us the truth. Coach should have every player aware of I'm game situations, Gallman didn't get the memo. Trying to make plays was not what we needed. We take the snap, Watson kneels down, 40 seconds gone and 1 play to get 80 yards.... Little to no chance!! Not kicking FG is not the only poor decision considering he should have had the team prepared AFTER a timeout to verify this.

I was and still am very upset that our boys who played their hearts out, had it nearly ripped away by poor decisions by our coach!!

If you don't agree then fine, but some of us understand how poor his choice was.

And I have every right to question

Sep 5, 2016, 8:21 AM

your qualifications for determining it was a poor decision. Oh yes, lifelong Tiger fan, well that's about 100k on here who fancy themselves as more knowledgable of all game situations and personnel than the actual coaches

Re: And I have every right to question

Sep 5, 2016, 8:48 AM

It's ok to walk away from that game thinking, "I'm glad we won but terrible call not kicking that field goal". I was lucky enough to be at that game and the national championship. The consensus feeling was far more positive after the national championship loss than it was after the auburn win. I wish Dabo would just say "if I had it to do over, I would have kicked the field goal and ended the game". I don't understand why he keeps defending it. It was the wrong call. I don't say this as an expert. Just an average football fan. Fans from all teams and commentators have said the same thing. Just admit it and move on.

Re: And I have every right to question

Sep 5, 2016, 8:56 AM

His theory would be good in the first half and not the 4th quarter. We totally stopped them in the first half. In the third quarter the defense was on the field a lot. In the forth quarter their offense had mo after scoring in their last series. We did use a little clock and that was great, but the fact is we still almost lost a game on two plays at the end. Our defense was tired and unproven in this situation. It wasn't last years defense. Are we a better defense? Yes, I think so when we rush the passer, but that is not the defense we played in the last series. We played prevent and it almost prevented us from winning. Learn from it and move on.

Take a look at the weekend...

Sep 5, 2016, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: And I have every right to question ]

there was a blocked field goal for a TD, and a returned FG attempt 100 yards for a TD. In one week-end.

I'll let the coaches coach the team, and maybe make different decisions than fans would make.

Go Tigers!

Two bad snaps on kicks in the game

Sep 5, 2016, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: And I have every right to question ]

would you rather Dabo throw the snapper under the bus or just answer this way? It's pretty clear to me why he chose to go for it instead of kick it.

You'll notice he called out Gallman's poor decision, but Gallman is a seasoned vet. Estes in his first start as snapper, and had a poor game. Dabo knows what he's doing, both with in game decisions and handling people.

That doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes, but in this case their was a basis that many seem to be over looking

He keeps defending it because it was the right call.

Sep 5, 2016, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: And I have every right to question ]

Jesus Christ, how hard is it for some of you to figure out that yes, that was the correct call? Likewise, if we'd kicked the field goal, that also would have been the correct call. And if it had been blocked and run back, it would still have been the correct call. And if either of the Hail Marys had been successful, it still also would have been the correct call not to kick the field goal. People are conflating two separate events. It's possible for both choices to be correct there.

If the object is to win the game, how was it the

Sep 5, 2016, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: And I have every right to question ]

Wrong call. We had four kick scores the other night two field goals and two extra points. In those 4 we had a bad snap that miraculously was pulled down by Seth Ryan and a missed chip shot extra point. I don't think it's a given that we make that field goal. Auburn is going to sell out to block the kick and we get another high snap and it becomes likely. Then everyone is whining about kicking that field goal when it's picked up and returned for a TD. Everyone should be fussing about Gallman running out of bounds on third down. That was the wrong decision.

It was a good decision...

Sep 5, 2016, 8:25 AM [ in reply to As a diehard fan of Clemson ]

Gallman made a bonehead move going OB and just about screwed it up. Stay in bounds, and there would have been almost no time left for anything from AWWBARN.

Anything could have happened with a FG attempt. ANYTHING!

And boy, would the likes of you be crawling up Dabo's ### then!

Go Tigers!

Re: It was a good decision...

Sep 5, 2016, 8:31 AM

Taking a knee on third and forthdown would have used more time, been a safer play, so bs on the decision procession not kick a field goal. If you weren't trying to score points, go to the v formation and at least use up the clock.

Taking a knee....

Sep 5, 2016, 8:37 AM

would not have used up nearly the same clock. All would have been grand if Gallman stays in bounds. He won't make that mistake again, and we came out on top. All is well.

Go Tigers!

Re: It was a good decision...

Sep 5, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to It was a good decision... ]

The question is how many licks are blocked in college, period. ? Saw someone looking up the percentages of a kick being returned for a touchdown. When all that matters is if they block it.

It only takes one...

Sep 5, 2016, 8:36 AM

Go Tigers!

Sep 5, 2016, 8:34 AM

Obviously you've never seen how they treat Nick saban. It's not if you win its how you win dontcha kno?

??????

Sep 5, 2016, 8:36 AM

And if your team comes "close" to losing because of a bad play call, rather it be a qb draw on 4th and 8 or calling a pass when you need to be running the clock out , there will be questions.

Like I said, not bad call...

Sep 5, 2016, 8:38 AM

poor execution. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Go Tigers!

Sep 5, 2016, 9:29 AM

You can give some folks a brick of gold and they will complain that it is too heavy. We WON in a hostile SEC environment against the best defensive front we will face all year...possibly the best in the country. Take the road win, fix special teams, and finish with no regrets. Go Tigers!

TigerNet coaching staff disagrees evidently.***

Sep 5, 2016, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Total breakdowns in fundamentals known by every 6th grader

Sep 5, 2016, 10:54 AM

must always be defended even at the high school level. So don't be silly.

Replies: 32
| visibility 3,936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic