Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Williams is the only 1st-round WR taken in 2017 to have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mike Williams is the only 1st-round WR taken in 2017 to have

May 3, 2020, 9:23 AM

his 5th-year option picked up. Corey Davis (#5 overall) and John Ross (#9) will both be free agents in 2021. Both teams (Titans and Bengals) also passed on Deshaun Watson to draft those guys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Williams is the only 1st-round WR taken in 2017 to have

May 3, 2020, 9:29 AM

In their defense Phillip Rivers is a much better QB than what the other 2 had. Mike is the better WR imo tho ofcourse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2020, 9:34 AM

Wrong bored. This is the Covid bored.

As a Titans fan, I have become used to poor draft choices.***

May 3, 2020, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Titans fan, I have become used to poor draft choices.***

May 3, 2020, 9:52 AM

Davis wasn't a bad draft pick imo. QB play goes a long way in determining how a WR does. They thought Mariota was going to develop.

May 3, 2020, 3:38 PM

Corey Davis played way below what I expected from him. Don't know what to say. QB play was not good but Davis never showed signs of becoming consistently productive. Last season was so disappointing. He was a man among boys in college.

John Ross just can't stay healthy. Bengals had no choice with him. (I'm sure he's one reason they drafted Tee). Would not surprise me if he breaks out with another team.

We have a guy named Will Fuller on the Texans who is like Ross except he's not quite as injury prone. Fuller is a serious game-changer just being on the field. IMO, Ross could be a similar player.

Neither of those teams were ever going to draft a QB in 2017

May 3, 2020, 3:50 PM

The Bengals had just re-signed Andy Dalton to a new deal the year before and the Titans drafted Mariota #2 overall two years prior in the 2015 draft.

I did think John Ross was a bad pick at the time though. He was really fast and that was about it. He got hurt a lot in college then ran really, really fast at the combine and pulled up lame at the end which was pretty symbolic. He's played in 24 games in 3 seasons in the NFL. That was one you could really see coming.

I don't remember much about Davis aside from him playing in the MAC. I also keep wanting to call him Corey Coleman who was the WR from Baylor the year before.

May 3, 2020, 4:06 PM

Mike was so much more physically capable than those two , and when you watched his performance in the NCG win over Bama he showed that physicality and ability to generate catches from unlikely chances .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 3, 2020, 4:15 PM

Jamarcus King agrees with you dug

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic