Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Hipps family has every right to sue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The Hipps family has every right to sue

Apr 4, 2015, 1:02 AM

And they should. I would. And so would a lot of other people. Let a jury decide whether or not they are due but I would do exactly the same. Call it a money grab if you like but compensation is what I'd call it. You can't replace a child but you can bet I'd go after anyone remotely responsible if it were my child. Financially and criminally if either or both options existed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Hipps family has every right to sue

Apr 4, 2015, 1:53 AM

Yes I bet you would sue your sister for taking your wifes tampons. Unless they can prove someone physically pushed Hipp off that bridge, I don't see where anyone is responsible for the tragic death but Hipp himself. So just wait and see what can be PROVEN. Allegations don't prove guilt against anyone!!! And allegations is exactly what you are throwing your 2 cents worth in on, assuming that wrong doings was involved only bc a death incurred, guilt bc of association, bullchit!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Parent, and a Sig Ep alumni...

Apr 4, 2015, 2:06 AM

This is America, all US citizens have every right to utilize our judicial system to determine what is right and wrong

So, from that standpoint I agree with you. I am also a parent of 3 young children, and I COMPLETELY understand where these parents would look for any way to obtain justice for their child

But, as a Clemson Sigma Phi Epsilon Alumni, I also feel we should also let the judicial system run its course before we rush to judgement. Trust me, Im old enough, that I don't know a single member of the current Clemson fraternity class. So I, just like you, have no idea what happened the tragic night Tucker Hipps was killed. Was it a tragic accident? Or was it some horrific incident of hazing? I have no idea, but hopefully this investigation will determine the truth, and finally give these parents some sort of closure.

If the investigation determines this was hazing, these students (and fraternity brothers) should be punished to the full extent of the law, to hopefully prevent future tragic events. But at this point we have nothing more than hearsay, rumors. Every report that I had read before the law suit was pretty ambiguous to the cause of the tragedy. The lawsuit painted a much different picture,shedding a completely different light on the incident

But, What actually happened? Did this young man tragically fall? Was he pushed? Was he encouraged to jump? I have no idea. Nor do the majority of people who have condemned the fraternity. (In the event that these students are innocent) Lets remember that these are 18-21 year old kids who lost their friend?

This in a tragic incident and hopefully the investigation and trial will prove what actually happened, and provide these parents with some sort of justice/closure. Until that point though, lets let justice run its course before we jump to the final conclusions

Re: As a Parent, and a Sig Ep alumni...

Apr 4, 2015, 3:17 AM

ive heard it was hazing......they hung im over the wall and accidently dropped him.......werent big enough to own it.....they left him down there......shameful......im in columbia......dont know anyone involved but the story has made its way around.

I agree with you 100%.

Apr 4, 2015, 9:09 AM [ in reply to As a Parent, and a Sig Ep alumni... ]

I wish more people could be this rational.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I know is it sucks for all involved and

Apr 4, 2015, 6:20 AM

It is the worst thing that can EVER happen to a parent. So I don't begrudge them one iota and really am rooting for them to at least get to the answer. Everytime I am reminded of this, like most tragedies that involve the unnecessary death of a loved one, it makes me sick to my stomach. Just ###!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I know is it sucks for all involved and

Apr 4, 2015, 9:57 AM

An incident like this does rattle ones bones wanting to know what really happen that morning. And by the time this comes to a head we will know what really happen. Those were young adults, and not long of being pressure for the truth, the least guilty if any are guilty will tell what they know. If someone was holding Hipp over the bridge no matter how unintentional it was, they are responsible for Hipp's death. And the ones standing and watching are guilty of withholding the truth after the fact of a death being caused. The truth will come out, but it won't be bc of accusations being made by folks that wasn't even near where the incident occurred. So before before we start pointing fingers with what we think happened, let the justice system do their job before attaching guilt to anyone. All directly involved deserve that. It could be that Tucker did just fall off the bridge by accident!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2015, 7:51 AM

I can see a suit against the frat but why was Clemson named in the money grab? Don't give me that CU did not answer an email. Pretty sure the email did not contain a request for a pledge to get pushed or encouraged to jump off a bridge. I am also sure that missing an email does not not give the sender a right to do whatever they want. Clemson has come out strongly against hazing including training and discipline when found.

BTW, if Clemson has to be responsible for every individual's actions 24/7 then they should clearly disband and de-certify every frat on campus as there is just too much risk.

so who do you think should pay?

Apr 4, 2015, 9:03 AM

the deep pockets here are Clemson. well, the University is not responsible. These lawsuits dont accomplish anything.

Apr 4, 2015, 9:03 AM

A great example of what is wrong with this country. A terrible, tragic accident but unless someone physically did this it shouldn't go any further. And then only agaunst that person, not anyone connected with him. And the lawyers will be the biggest beneficiaries. The state of our society in the way these things are dealt with is as sad as the incident itself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2015, 9:14 AM

Agree
With that said if a jury finds of no wrong doing, noncontributing, noncontributory
then the ones being named in the lawsuit should also be awarded compensatory damages

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like we are now a 'sue you' culture..

Apr 4, 2015, 9:21 AM

Keep in mind, I am not talking about this case specifically.

I know that there are plenty of good reasons to enter into a lawsuit and sue for damages. I don't know enough about this case to speak to it directly. However, I am just talking in general.

Heck, I can hardly find an apartment that will accept my German Shepherd because it is now considered an 'aggressive breed'. That's because someone sued someone and now a lot of insurance companies don't insure apartment complexes that allow that breed of dog now.

Can't anyone take responsibility for their own poor decisions anymore?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like we are now a 'sue you' culture..

Apr 4, 2015, 9:24 AM

As some wise person said, "If it wasn't for lawyers, we would not need lawyers". True, True.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Seems like we are now a 'sue you' culture.. ]

You are 100% correct!!!

Apr 4, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Seems like we are now a 'sue you' culture.. ]

NO!! no one takes responsibility for their actions any more.. the reasons are many but PRIMARILY are due to Jessie Jackson and the demos/libs and their TORT LAWYERS!!this really got in full go when some shyster lawyer convinced a stupid jury that the tobacco companies were to blame for people smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it's Jessie Jackson's fault

Apr 4, 2015, 12:01 PM

now I understand.

i don't think i'd go after the University, although I'm sure

Apr 4, 2015, 9:39 AM

my lawyer would be $trongly for it, for $ome reason.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 4, 2015, 10:54 AM

where is the child(as ( U call him- he was 19 I think) responsible for his own actions??this is a sad case but the frat/college did not do this!!they should not get one penny!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic