Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson+NYC Marathon+Autism = Great!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,310

Clemson+NYC Marathon+Autism = Great!

Apr 26, 2013, 1:31 PM
clemsonhat.JPG(187.3 K)

Clemson Family,

Come early November the Tigers will be wrapping up another divisional title and be looking ahead to a showdown with USuCk. Also in December, the NYC Marathon will be taking place. With the recent terrorist events in Boston, I decided to commit to running the NYC Marathon for a Fundraiser as many people are backing out due to fear of what happened in Boston. I am running for the charity Autism Speaks and I need to raise $3,000 by October 24th. I don't leave home without my Clemson running hat and my Orange shoelaces and I want all of Clemson Nation to know that the ORANGE PAW will be represented running through all 5 Boroughs of NYC. We all know 4th and 16, but kids with Autism experience 4th and 16 every day. You can help me by donating to Autism Speaks where all the money will go to the charity for Awareness, Advocacy, and Research. All you need to do is click on the following link to donate:

http://events.autismspeaks.org/nycmarathon/danielplanck16

Any amount that you can donate would be greatly appreciated and if you are not in a place financially to donate, then please help build awareness by forwarding my link. Thanks! (Btw, that is me on the right in the photo and my twin brother on the left, he was the Tiger Cub mascot!)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all in!! Good for you!***

Apr 26, 2013, 1:44 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm all in!! Good for you!***

Apr 26, 2013, 1:47 PM

Awesome! Great stuff, I see you are from NYC, do you ever go to the 3 Monkeys Bar to watch the Clemson games with the Fan Club?

I used to watch with the club...

Apr 26, 2013, 1:51 PM

But I take things a little too seriously and tend to act out when the Tigers are playing. So, I stick to my local spot.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I used to watch with the club...

Apr 26, 2013, 1:52 PM

You, me, and most other fans do the same.......I don't think I sit the entire game and hate watching it with people who don't have a cheering interest in the game.

Re: Clemson+NYC Marathon+Autism = Great!

Apr 26, 2013, 1:45 PM

All the money goes straight to the charity. 1 in 88 (1 in 54 boys) kids are diagnosed with some form of Autism, so there is a pretty good chance you know somebody. $5 is the minimum donation and I would be over the moon to see something come TigerNet Members. Would just give me more reason to bang my chest with Tiger Pride.
Thanks!

Re: Clemson+NYC Marathon+Autism = Great!

Apr 26, 2013, 9:04 PM

221 views and one person donates, which I am extremely grateful for, but at this rate I am going to need 100,000 views to get it done.

Ask & You Will Receive. Done Daniel, and good luck in NYC!

Apr 26, 2013, 9:15 PM

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ask & You Will Receive. Done Daniel, and good luck in NYC!

Apr 26, 2013, 9:24 PM

Thanks Bill, glad to see another Low Country boy representing. My brother and I are from Summerville.

Thank you for the donation! Really speaks volume to give to a stranger!

Go Tigers!

THANK YOU to those that have chipped in! Great stuff!***

Apr 26, 2013, 9:14 PM

As a Clemson grad and autism dad

Apr 26, 2013, 9:26 PM

I thank you. Autism speaks does great work. Look at what they are doing in insurance advocacy. It's time to spread knowledge to this that effects so many. Trust me, if you think you don't know someone effected, you are wrong. You likely do!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Clemson grad and autism dad

Apr 26, 2013, 9:33 PM

Thanks for your post! Your child and your family are like many I know and is the reason I chose this charity! I will wear my PAW for your child.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic