Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Hate Playing NC State...Always Have!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I Hate Playing NC State...Always Have!

Oct 16, 2018, 9:47 AM

I hate this game. I always have. I don’t like their fans and I don’t like how Clemson has a long history of playing down to their level when we are significant better than them…like were are supposedly this year. NC State will play dirty. My brother once compared them to a prize fighter going up against a “southpaw” and I think that is a perfect description of this game. Oh yeah, it’s homecoming and that adds another layer to this game…Then there is “Gameday” dissing us, which will probably be the last shot at an ACC game being featured this year which sucks. There is bad blood between these schools going back at least as far as when Danny Ford accused Monte Kiffin of turning Clemson in when the NCAA put them on probation in the 80’s.

This is probably the toughest opponent left on our schedule although I don’t discount FSU showing up as they are trying to make a bowl.

If we don’t jump on NC State early and put them away this game could be like Texas A&M…Messy and a nail-biter.

I would like like see us go a little old-school and pound the rock with our RB’s to set up the play action pass and wear NC State’s D-line down. Trevor doesn’t have to carry this load squarely on his back and this is the game where the O-line and RB’s man-up and whip NC State’s D-line.

We should beat the guys in the range of 38-17 but this could be one of those 31-30 type of games just as easy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: I Hate Playing NC State...Always Have!

Oct 16, 2018, 9:49 AM

If we are as good as we think we'll be fine. Once we get them down they need to stay there. No late courtesy points this time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When was the last time they beat us?***

Oct 16, 2018, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

2011 (13 - 37).

Oct 16, 2018, 10:17 AM

Mike Glennon threw three touchdown passes and the Clemson offense turned the ball over four times including two second-quarter fumbles deep in our own end that led to 10 quick points for State.

Clemson was the 7th ranked team in the nation but sure didn't play like it that day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

7 years? In that case I'm not worried about these pretenders***

Oct 16, 2018, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 16, 2018, 10:20 AM

I hear ya. I dread this game each year too, especially since I lived in Raleigh for seven years at one point. I am feeling some confidence though that this will be the year we kick their a$$ and end this streak of way-too-close games. Leave no doubt!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember 41-0 with Deshaun in ‘14 ... time for a reprise.***

Oct 16, 2018, 10:29 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Long as Stuff Like 2016 Occurs I won't be changing

Oct 16, 2018, 10:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdo6vO3Atgw

We were extremely lucky to win a game that should have never been that close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 16, 2018, 10:47 AM

I respect this post a lot, I made an account to try to find tickets for the game, found some, and I'm looking forward to it. I check the boards, just curious to see what the Clemson fans think of us. As an NC State student I can tell you this is our biggest game every year, and it is the one everyone looks forward to. I respect your post because you understand the significance of this game for NC State. Should be a fun one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic