Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As I do every morning, I scan down and look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,742

As I do every morning, I scan down and look

Dec 14, 2015, 6:04 AM

At some of the posts to see what, if anything, I missed. It seems some of you did the online equivalent of a gang rape on some poor fellow last night. If integrity is what happens when nobody is watching, and since technically attacking someone anonymously on a sports forum is like nobody watching, those of you that were vicious, cruel and downright hateful lack integrity. It is shameful. The root of this "seeing a coot behind every post" is simple, some of you are trolls on the coot hoards, like FGF and spend your time taunting them therefore anyone that's new and different is automatically like you, a troll.

I've read the post by Quinton Tiger, it was an awkward, immature first post, I get that but after he was "called out" he immediately apologized and attempted to correct the misperceptions. No, mob behavior ruled and you self-appointed defenders of "the paw" tore this poster to shreds. Those of you that proudly boast of being a member of the Clemson Family while attacking suspected coot trolls don't represent your family well, actually you've brought shame to the same family you proudly hail.

Quinton Tiger, I don't know who or what you are and I can't possibly apologize for an entire sports forum but I will say this, you are welcome to be a part of my Clemson family. I'm not the most popular poster here either but I know who I am and regardless of what others say, I am a Clemson Tiger and after a lifetime of ups and downs, I wouldn't want to be anything else. Just one word of advice, if you ever do post here again, forget being cute or funny, just spit it out. Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I do every morning, I scan down and look

Dec 14, 2015, 6:14 AM

Yes, that was brutal. There are definitely online bullies and tough guys that reside here, at some point we've all been a victim.

Dec 14, 2015, 6:17 AM

TU. I always give someone a few post to prove themselves. Their true colors will show in time, no point in jumping to conclusions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2015, 6:23 AM

Anyone with even the slightest difference of thought or opinion isn't welcomed here. I admit, I like stirring the pot here from time-to -time but that's sports forum fun. I've never been nor do I advocate being a bully and that's exactly what was at play here, bullying!

Lol.. That isn't true at all. You won't find a more

Dec 14, 2015, 7:43 AM

Tolerable board than this.

I read 2 pages of that thRead and it was about 2/3 welcome. 1/3 coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Perhaps, it's my age, but I've found maintaining a live and

Dec 14, 2015, 6:42 AM

let live attitude works best for me, as I realize most all members of the site are simply trying to have a good time discussing a pasttime most enjoy: sports.

Of course, there will always be the trolls, good and bad, but for the most part these types are relatively harmless and are usually zapped into the nether regions quickly enough.

Yet, the one thing I enjoy the most is reading the fire and brimstone posts by our younger crowd, most of whom are full of p*ss and vinegar. They remind me of myself.........40 years ago! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ALWAYS reading

Dec 14, 2015, 6:51 AM

Anything you post! I hope you have a great day Mr. Hartins!

Re: I ALWAYS ENJOY reading, it should say******

Dec 14, 2015, 6:51 AM

Re: Perhaps, it's my age, but I've found maintaining a live and

Dec 14, 2015, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Perhaps, it's my age, but I've found maintaining a live and ]

40 years ago, you mean when you were 45?

Free Quinton Tiger!***

Dec 14, 2015, 7:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is my free internet board. There are many like it but this 1 is mine.

Dec 14, 2015, 7:40 AM

Kid will get internet tough or get flamed trying

O.T.S.S.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 14, 2015, 7:51 AM

There is and will always be those characters on any forum. It's shame actually, but those threads I stay away from. I will read and when the first response is a coot your board is over there, I just walk away..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2015, 7:53 AM

TU sir. It makes me laugh when somebody or a group of somebody's feel like they can point out a coot on a first or first few posts. But sometimes it's not funny at all. If someone is a coot, time will tell it anyway. Their true colors will show. But, we are all big and bad on the internets. You'd think everybody would be a little more chill being how the Tigers are 13-0 and NUMBER ONE (#1, numero uno) IN THE NATION. Woooooooo!!!!!

My satirical post was last and I didn't read the others

Dec 14, 2015, 8:07 AM

including whatever clarification the original poster provided. Not sure what you may be thinking was intended or if I am included in the assault charge. But only a silly satire in response to another silly satire about galaxies far away. I trust everyone has seen the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and knows who Gort is and what the words "klaatu barada nikto" mean. Sort of my way of saying be careful around here --- especially with satire.

i read his post, gave my opinion, read his explanation

Dec 14, 2015, 8:13 AM

And didn't believe it. I still would bet anyone on here that he is a coot. I am not going to apologize for my opinion, and my opinion is not likely to change.

That being said, I am giving Quinton the benefit of the doubt until he proves me right...and he WILL prove me right.

Re: My satirical post was last and I didn't read the others

Dec 14, 2015, 8:38 AM [ in reply to My satirical post was last and I didn't read the others ]

No my original post wasn't intended at you tigerinlosangeles, you've always been kind and reasonable. it wasn't meant for any one poster, I'm not even defending or trying to fight someone else's battles, my point is about anonymous bravado and cruelty. I'm a mental health professional, I get that our online personas probably don't mirror that of our real life, at least I hope not. This is a community where people come, for the most part, to celebrate, communicate, commiserate about our Tigers, that's all I seek. I'm just like everybody I'd like to be accepted and not taunted and ridiculed past the point of reason, that's when it becomes bullying. Quinton Tiger may or may not be a Clemson fan and may be he is as awkward as his post appeared to some but I for one, chose to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's a Tiger until he either proves me wrong or just goes away. That's all.

For what it's worth...

Dec 14, 2015, 8:12 AM

I thought it was a decent first post. But he did state that he expected some to search out the new posters as coots. He opened with sarcasm and I believed he was capable of handling the ensuing sarcasm. He did alright, except for taking Tnet serious there for a moment.
You said what happened was the equivalent of gang rape but you failed to point out that there were several who were decent enough. It was a trophey post, so there were many who welcomed him. He said he's been watching from afar (lurking) so I'm sure he's familiar with this process.

Dec 14, 2015, 8:43 AM

As I do every morning, I scanned down and checked to make sure that I don't have a dickydoo.

A dicky doo is when your belly flubber hangs over farther than your dicky do. It happens with age but you can nip it in the bud if identified early enough. I've seen my wiener for 28 straight years with no difficulties.

Dec 14, 2015, 8:44 AM

Oh, and you don't just walk up in a biker bar talking #### about how redneck bikers are.

That's what QuintonTiger did.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,742
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic