Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers

Sep 27, 2017, 7:06 PM

WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 is the best players we've ever had on & off the field.***

Sep 27, 2017, 7:19 PM

Re: DW4 is the best players we've ever had on & off the field.***

Sep 27, 2017, 8:20 PM

None better. What a great human being.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers

Sep 27, 2017, 7:20 PM

Man. That's our guy. Represents everything the clemson family is about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers

Sep 27, 2017, 7:23 PM

He continually makes me so proud to be a Clemson Tiger. Good on you, Deshaun. Clemson Family loves you, man!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 7:36 PM

Let's get to what's important though, did he stand or kneel. Typical "privileged SOB".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He Stood

Sep 28, 2017, 8:02 AM

He Stood arms in arm, but He stood when I saw him. Then I turned it off when they showed the kneelers!

Love him. Not that it matters, but how much is this?

Sep 27, 2017, 7:38 PM

DW4 is awesome. I'm just interested in what he got paid for 1 game. Not even sure of what his annual salary is.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Love him. Not that it matters, but how much is this?

Sep 27, 2017, 8:13 PM

He signed a 4 year deal for 13.8 million, so divided by 4, he's making *roughly* 3.2 million a year. Divided by 16 for each game they play in a season, and then divided by 3 for these ladies, I'd say he gave them about 70,000 each

jrsimps is right, game checks go off base (465k)***

Sep 27, 2017, 8:42 PM

Sep 27, 2017, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Love him. Not that it matters, but how much is this? ]

Not that its any of our business, but according to yahoo, they lead to believe that its from his base of 465,000. Which after one game it would be 27,000 split between what 3 or 4. Awesome for these workers and the positive light deshaun is painted in. Hopefully good carma for the rest of the season.

Sep 27, 2017, 10:33 PM

Thank you. The amount is not important, but I was curious.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Sep 27, 2017, 7:41 PM

What an amazing young man. I wish there were more like him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 7:42 PM

I thought they would all be a little happier to get about $100,000 a piece

Sep 27, 2017, 8:26 PM

I'm amazed how many people don't understand how much money players get from contracts. This is from his base, which is $465,000. He is paid over 17 weeks (not 16 games), so his weekly paycheck is approximately $27,000. After taxes (~35%) and agent fees (5-8%), he is looking at about a $16,000 check, so each of these ladies got ~5k, not >100k.

Sep 27, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers ]

Your something special

Fox reported this morning that it was a little over $27,000.***

Sep 28, 2017, 9:55 AM

I was expecting Clowney or Swearinger.***

Sep 27, 2017, 7:50 PM

He's a special one for sure...

Sep 27, 2017, 8:04 PM

nice touch DW

Sep 27, 2017, 8:16 PM

He is an all-time great already! Proud to call him a Tiger brother. He is a difference maker on the field and off the field.

Sep 27, 2017, 8:29 PM

What an amazing young man #4 is!!!

A Generous spirit beyond words. I’m proud that you are a Tiger through and through. I’m sure that your Mother is proud of you more than you will ever know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An absolutely outstanding person

Sep 27, 2017, 8:30 PM

....and an amazing human being.

He's been poor his entire life, yet that's what he does with his 1st NFL game check!!!

An inspiration to us all. Wow!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doing what Clemson men do***

Sep 27, 2017, 8:40 PM

Sep 27, 2017, 8:47 PM

It's called "CLEMSONING"...... I wonder if ESPN ever thought of that?

Sep 27, 2017, 8:50 PM

C-L-E-M-S-O-N-I-N-G

It asterisked out my word above ??

Sep 27, 2017, 9:38 PM

+1 for the new definition of Clemsoning!

What a good dude!! Making the world a better place and

Sep 27, 2017, 8:56 PM

Tiger Nation proud. That is awesome!

Sep 27, 2017, 8:56 PM

Wow.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 9:02 PM

His mama raised a good kid. Houston won the jackpot.

Incredible Player

Sep 27, 2017, 9:10 PM

Even better person. God bless DW4.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

instead of taking knees

Sep 27, 2017, 9:27 PM

the rest should take action instead of just sitting

Re: instead of taking knees

Sep 27, 2017, 9:54 PM

The true character of a person is what they do when no one is looking.

Too many people put on a "show" and don't do anything to improve a situation. DW4 put his money where his heart is ...

So proud of THIS Tiger, ALL our Tigers, plus Dabo and the Clemson program for all they do to mold and shape these young men!!

Go Tigers!!

My love and respect for DW4 just grew....

Sep 27, 2017, 9:40 PM

I thought he could not impress me more...but then he goes and does this.

There have been a lot of Clemson graduates....

Sep 27, 2017, 10:23 PM

.....who've done a lot of great things for the world.

DW4 has to be one of the greatest. Ultimately, he will be the best ambassador Clemson has ever had. In the meantime, he will positively influence thousands...hundreds of thousands....of people.

Genuine is the word that comes to mind....and a whole lot more...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 10:31 PM

The man makes me want to cry with pride. Between him and Watt I don't understand how the POTUS can call these men SOBs. Sweeping statements have no place in this nation. Clemson boys will do the right thing. We produce not just football players but real men.

Sep 27, 2017, 11:01 PM

Awesome what DW4 did and what other NFL players have done. Trump really wasn't talking about those.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump was not refering to players like Watson and Watts, who

Sep 28, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Deshaun Watson gives his first game check to cafeteria workers ]

are a small minority in the NFL.

Sep 27, 2017, 10:31 PM

The man makes me want to cry with pride. Between him and Watt I don't understand how the POTUS can call these men SOBs. Sweeping statements have no place in this nation. Clemson boys will do the right thing. We produce not just football players but real men.

Pretty sure Trump was talking about the 8-9 people kneeling

Sep 28, 2017, 1:25 AM

during the anthem. Not the entire NFL. Of course there are great people in the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a real man right there***

Sep 28, 2017, 3:20 AM

Sep 28, 2017, 6:02 AM

:) :) :) :) :)

Sep 28, 2017, 6:50 AM

That translate to leadership on and off the field. He will be a great NFL QB.

The amount doesn't matter

Sep 28, 2017, 8:45 AM

We don't know what kind of needs they have from the storm. If it is more than they need, then they may share with others that were affected. If it is less, than he'll probably do more or maybe the other players would step up. Or maybe knowing it is coming from another person and not FEMA or the government, they'll be very appreciative with whatever the amount is and figure out ways to "pass it on" to others and go above and beyond for players and other employees that come to be served at the cafeteria. From his background and being on the receiving end of gestures like this as a kid, he might even go help get involved in doing the repairs, too.

No need to pick apart and analyze something like this - take it for what it is - an amazingly kind gesture by an NFL rookie that portrays himself like a veteran leader on and off the field.

Re: The amount doesn't matter

Sep 28, 2017, 10:02 AM

Well said. And great job by DW4!

What a class act!!!

Sep 28, 2017, 12:17 PM

What a caring thing to do.

CLEMSAM

As CDS always told us..."For as good of a football...

Sep 28, 2017, 1:01 PM

...player that he is, he is a BETTER human being and person."

No disputing that the Heisman MISSED out on having DW4 as one of their "celebrated" winners.

DW4...#1 in all of our hearts! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

DW4 = PURE CLASS.***

Sep 28, 2017, 3:18 PM

One word. CLASS! ******

Sep 28, 2017, 7:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic