Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article on CU - OSU Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Article on CU - OSU Prediction

Dec 17, 2019, 8:22 AM

One thing I like to do when surfing the web is type the words "College football" into google and read whatever new articles have been published that day. This article happens to be the CU - OSU prediction on BuckeyesWire and it couldn't be more obvious that this author hasn't watched many games of Clemson. In the second paragraph, I read the following: "This will be the biggest test Ohio State has faced all year. Yes, Clemson has not looked great,..." and I had to stop right there. No reason to read the rest of the article. Do people not watch these teams before publishing their takes? It is terrible.

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/16/ohio-state-vs-clemson-2019-fiesta-bowl-preview-prediction-cfp/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article on CU - OSU Prediction

Dec 17, 2019, 8:35 AM

As someone without cable, ACCN, only really having ABC as the broadcast station, and young kids.... I had to have B10 football in the background (because it beat watching that same Wild Kratts episode again).

They did get one item correct. Jeff Okudah will, in part, determine if 31-0 has ANY success. However, he has only had to face B10 WR which might look like the Sunbelt's defensive line. So his ability to at least stop Tee from additional yards after catch will be big and if he forces more circus catches, well at least it isn't a catch and go.

Finally, they are claiming that 31-0 will be down early and come back... I think that would be 31-0 death. I do not think that 31-0 would be able to make JF throw to win and if down late, that takes touches away from Dobbins. Down 14 to Clemson would become down 28 very, very quickly.

news for writer, if OSU in 14-0 hole , they aint comin back

Dec 17, 2019, 8:54 AM

the sharks will smell blood and feast. They will be forced to move away from running game right into our defense's strength.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Article on CU - OSU Prediction ]

+1 for mention of Wild Kratts.

It's a great show when there is nothing else to watch on tv and you need your kids to sit still for a few minutes.

Dec 17, 2019, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Article on CU - OSU Prediction ]

This, This, This !!!

BV will concentrate on forcing young Mr. Fields to throw the ball against or secondary. If they get behind 2 or more scores and have to abandon the run, then they are playing right into our hands. Plus, they don't just have to score. They have to score more than we do - not an easy task.

If we get off to a fast start, all of the pressure shifts to OSU. Don't think that they have fully forgotten 31 - 0. They're just whistlin' past the graveyard.

I don't think they will quit or go tilt, but I can see us getting the first touchdown. Then BV's new defensive wrinkles lead to a fairly quick stop (not 3 and out but quick) and us getting another TD in the first quarter. After that, they may struggle all game to catch up (and fail) or the landslide could start and get out of hand.

they way this guy writes, Clemson might as well not show

Dec 17, 2019, 9:00 AM

up. But we all know, they will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they way this guy writes, Clemson might as well not show

Dec 17, 2019, 1:28 PM

I wouldn't put much stock in "they way this guy writes"....(yes, I know it was intended to say "the"....which is my point.) Almost as bad as this Butt-guys writer who wrote:

"How it’ll all do down" lol Thanks for letting me know how it will DO down!

So Justin Fields is a “duel threat” QB ... who knew?

Dec 17, 2019, 9:02 AM

Will he take the snap, go ten paces, then turn and throw?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Justin Fields is a “duel threat” QB ... who knew?

Dec 17, 2019, 9:11 AM

Making this so 31-0 fans can understand:

Dey ack like we have neber seen a dual threat...

Mond, Howell, Blackman, Cunningham, Newman, whomever NC state sacrificed, Perkins...

Basically, a moar better kwestion would be which QB has clemson faced that WASN"T a dual threat.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:27 AM

Yes, but are those other guys “duel” threats? It’s an important distinction.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 9:32 AM

Yes, but not as good as a dool treat QB

Dec 17, 2019, 9:04 AM

Can't wait for us to win by two scores and have the media spin it as a second loss since it isn't 31-0.

Dec 17, 2019, 9:31 AM

Well I don't know a lot about football so guess that's why I thought the article was medium fair. The writer only predicts an OSU win by 3 points which isn't exactly a landslide. Considering it's written by a homer, I think that can be interpreted as he's actually predicting an OSU loss.

Dec 17, 2019, 11:58 AM

How can you be great if you don't play in the Big 10 ?? Silly tiger !!

Dec 17, 2019, 12:17 PM

To be fair, the sentence in question had a but in it. The article was reasonably balanced to be on the Buckeye Wire. It takes the position that OSU will win, but it acknowledges the best match-ups in the game and gives Clemson its due. And they get the match-ups right, they just get the results wrong. Hard to blame them for being homers. At least they aren't ignorant homers.

Why post the link and give that no nothing putz clicks?

Dec 17, 2019, 2:45 PM

I did not contribute to that idiot's income.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic