Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quote from Syracuse Coach and the newspaper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,326

Quote from Syracuse Coach and the newspaper

Oct 4, 2013, 8:28 AM

and I quote "You add up their 5 star and our 5 star players, it's something to nothing. So we got no chance in hell to win this game say people from the outside. Bring it on. Let's go play football."
Sounds like Shaffer has some problems with schools that just might have more talent than him! Tomorrow at 3:30 pm he'll see the differences between talent levels!
Read the sports page of the local paper. NOT a single article, note, etc the day before the game!!! Right, this is a big football town! Give me a break! GOOOO TIGERS--BURY EM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson isn't all about talent,

Oct 4, 2013, 9:00 AM

it's more about skill development. I'd say if the guy was any kind of a football coach he wouldn't be stuck up there in Hockeyville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do you want him to say Ron

Oct 4, 2013, 9:05 AM

"we are going to lose our butts off, I just Hope it isn't too hot in the dome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Arrogant Yankee cream will rise to the top!

Oct 4, 2013, 9:19 AM

The Syracuse Coach is doing what all D1 coaches do, endear himself to the local fan base. Above the Mason/Dixon they talk their brand of smack, it is different then ours. We have had communication problems with them for years, but they love to move down south and tell us how to do everything from run the government to their liberal moral and ethical stances.

All this is why not many college coaches are hired to coach our D1 teams, they do not speak our language. All that smack talk and emotion will not carry you but so far and when all that dies down their fans will be using their keys to pull a Usc and leave in the 3rd quarter!!!

Re: Arrogant Yankee cream will rise to the top!

Oct 4, 2013, 9:54 AM

Exactly. Could not have said it any better. I can't remember a team coming off sounding less credible than Syracuse has this week. Their QB sounded like a 6th grader (with poor judgment).

Their coach and QB sound like stereotypical yankees making un-educated assumptions about things they have zero experience with. The QB is really just a young kid and doesn't know any better, but for the coach to mouth off and talk smack was retarded.

No doubt, this provided great locker room material for Dabo and the rest of the coaching staff. When Clemson's D-Line mauls their QB it's gonna be funny.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Arrogant Yankee cream will rise to the top!

Oct 4, 2013, 12:21 PM

I don't know about that, y'all.

Seems folks in the South liked to pay them thar Yankee folks such as Les Miles, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and Bob Stoops a lot, and things go pretty well for them. Some Richt guy ain't exactly a grit gobbler, either.
Shoot, up in these here hills, people was payin' some Yankee feller named John somethin' or othuh to get us a-started good with futbawl. And they wuz some feller they called "Pop" comin' on down here too.

Just sayin', y'all.

Saban's from WV, Stoops, Meyer & Miles are all Ohio born

Oct 4, 2013, 4:02 PM

Not exactly Yankee material...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban's from WV, Stoops, Meyer & Miles are all Ohio born

Oct 4, 2013, 4:15 PM

Chip Kelly is from New Hampshire, Brian Kelly from Boston

Re: Quote from Syracuse Coach and the newspaper

Oct 4, 2013, 9:26 AM

Sounds like he's just trying to use self motivation for his team and fans. Putting words in other peoples mouth, I guess he said that cause that's what he's been wanting to hear, only he's not. While what he said is true about the 5 stars....I see very clearly what he was trying to do there.

Oct 4, 2013, 9:38 AM

Not sure what paper you are refering to but I count 13 articles between yesterday and today...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/

Oct 4, 2013, 9:40 AM

btw, please stay off the syracuse.com message board, none of the good fans post there anymore. It is overrun by trolls and in the final stages of dying.

Oct 4, 2013, 9:56 AM

HMMM sounds like FGF.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait FGF had good fans

Oct 4, 2013, 4:04 PM

on their site at some point?

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

The coach's strategy is all about creating an "us vs. the

Oct 4, 2013, 9:56 AM

world" mindset with his players.

It will be interesting to see how his players respond.

null

double standard

Oct 4, 2013, 10:44 AM

Kind of like Rick Barnes' attitude back in the day. It gave clemson basketball players and fans something to rally around. We as Clemson fans loved it but when other schools do it...

Re: double standard

Oct 4, 2013, 2:28 PM

No double standard for me I believe you attract more flies with honey then you do dookie. I like Dabo philosophy and never cared for a coach like Schaeffer that tries to come off genuine with comments about how good your opponent is only to really believe your better. That only goes so far like emotions, you can win some games with that but not on a consistent basis. Fundamental xx's and oo's will win more in the long run and hard work.

I look right through Schaeffer's arrogance, SOS is the southern version of that and he has been more successful with that arrogance then most coaches, does not mean I like or respect him!!!

Re: double standard-YIKES

Oct 4, 2013, 3:34 PM

Pretty strong stuff.....Coach has only been here a couple of months.....certainly not arrogant.....trying hard to do what he can with what he's been given....a struggling program, once very good, now trying to plow back into respectability, smallish private University without the money to compete with the big State schools...but hey.we're glad to be in the ACC, just to have the chance to play with "youse" :) You should be our friends...you can count on a win most of the time! (last Gator bowl excepted)

Is the coach's name Larry Shyatt?***

Oct 4, 2013, 3:47 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,326
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic