Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many have experienced an Army-Navy game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 625

How many have experienced an Army-Navy game?

Dec 14, 2013, 3:14 PM

I went to my first one last year. I suggest everyone add it to their bucket list, especially when it is in Philadelphia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many have experienced an Army-Navy game?

Dec 14, 2013, 3:18 PM

I have not but want to. I watch every year. Hasnt it pretty much settled in Philly now? Seems like almost every year it is there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

per wiki:

Dec 14, 2013, 3:22 PM

On June 9, 2009, Navy announced sites for all Army–Navy Games through 2017. The 2011 game was held at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland; the 2014 and 2016 games will be at M&T Bank Stadium; and all other games during that period will be at Lincoln Financial Field.[13] In addition, the game also picked up a presenting corporate sponsor, the military-oriented financial firm USAA.

Total games per city[edit]

Games

Philadelphia, PA 83
New York, NY 11[n 1]
Baltimore, MD 4
East Rutherford, NJ 4
Annapolis, MD 3
West Point, NY 3
Chicago, IL 1
Landover, MD 1
Pasadena, CA 1
Princeton, NJ 1

^ Nine games were held at the Polo Grounds in Manhattan and two at the original Yankee Stadium in The Bronx.

Dec 14, 2013, 3:46 PM

My dad graduated from Gettysburg College which is a Naval academy. Back in the late 60's and very early 70's when I was a kid (yes I am originally from the great white north but have lived in SC since 78)we would go to them when played at West Point. One of the great memories I have with my dad. I lost my father to cancer when I was 11 so this game will always be special to me.

Dec 14, 2013, 3:52 PM

I never knew that they played the Army-Navy Game at West Point recent history.

Are you sure?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 14, 2013, 4:03 PM

No, it was a very long time ago and I was just a boy but I lived on Long Island and we drove to the game so if it wasn't at West Point then I'm not sure where it was played. Still, it is a great memory.

Army Navy

Dec 14, 2013, 4:25 PM

I went to A/N in 2000 when it was played in Baltimore. My son was in his First Class (Senior) year at Navy. One of his buds, Ron Winchester, played on the offensive line. Both my son and Ron took Marine Corps commissions. Several years later Ron was killed in Iraq by an IED. My son was at Al Asad at the time flying EW missions. Yes, this game has special significance for me. This game is a must for any serious college football fan. It's more than a game. Today my son works in a small tech firm with about 4 West Pointers. ..He is the only Navy grad. Times are good! :)

Awesome experience beginning to end

Dec 14, 2013, 5:14 PM

Football...patriotism....all very cool. Been several times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic