Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Romney the first chink in the armour
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 735

Is Romney the first chink in the armour

Feb 7, 2020, 10:50 AM

of the dictator's facade?

Almost all Republicans will NOT go against the president on anything due to his very effective bullying campaign. Calling names, getting others to call them names, throwing money at opponents, so forth and so on.

If Romney weathers this storm, does that provide enough room in the party for some of the other moderates to start speaking out because they know a politician can survive the bully?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Not all all

Feb 7, 2020, 10:52 AM

He is a ridiculed pariah....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that was John McCain.***

Feb 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump hated McCain because he couldn't control him

Feb 7, 2020, 10:55 AM

McCain was loved in his state, been there forever, no way he was going to be vulnerable.

If Romney can prove to be the same, he may become the new McCain thorn in the side of Trump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Different demographics

Feb 7, 2020, 10:59 AM

McCain was the one who originally pushed the

Feb 7, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Trump hated McCain because he couldn't control him ]

Steele dossier right up the chain of command. McCain personally requested and secured the dossier, and then took it to James Comey, who eventually passed it to Obama. Kicking off the whole Russian collusion ########.

THAT is why Trump hates McCain. Lindsey Graham as well. Trust me, there have been PLENTY of Mit Romneys in the GOP over the years. Through many Presidents. That's why we have Trump as President now, if you want to know the truth.

Here. Read up.

It was after this discussion that McCain sent his associate, David Kramer, a former State Department official, to London to retrieve a copy. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican and close friend of McCain's, told reporters last year that he urged McCain to send the dossier to the FBI. McCain, who died of brain cancer in August 2018, gave a copy of Steele's research to then-FBI Director James Comey, although the bureau had already begun receiving Steele's dossier in installments starting in July 2016.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/british-ex-ambassador-who-alerted-john-mccain-to-anti-trump-dossier-stands-by-christopher-steele

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mccain was part of the coup

Feb 7, 2020, 12:22 PM

should dig him up and hang him

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was McCain supposed to do with it?

Feb 7, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to McCain was the one who originally pushed the ]

Because giving it to the FBI seems like the correct and proper thing to do.

Also, McCain didn't get it until after the 2016 election.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt Romney even gets re-elected

Feb 7, 2020, 10:55 AM

Which is my point. If he does get re-elected

Feb 7, 2020, 10:56 AM

and proves that you can go against Trump and not lose your job, does he become the light for the party to get out from under Trump

Re: Which is my point. If he does get re-elected

Feb 7, 2020, 11:02 AM

He's got four years unless they manage to pass the recall

Feb 7, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to I doubt Romney even gets re-elected ]

bill.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt Romney even gets re-elected

Feb 7, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I doubt Romney even gets re-elected ]

He is younger than Trump.

Feb 7, 2020, 11:50 AM

Feb 7, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I doubt Romney even gets re-elected ]

T3Tiger said:

if he decides to run again at his age. He has lost a lot of Republican support in Utah.

I really doubt Romney is sweating those numbers. Utah is different. The state is heavily Mormon and Mormons are, above all else, mostly straight arrows. (I know. My best friend is Mormon. Given my, uhm, checkered history, we're an odd pair.)

Mormons are conservatives by nature and tend to vote GOP, but they're not ever going to march to any beat except their own...and their squareness does not jibe well with Trump's, uhm, style of leadership.

Actually the FBI is known to be loaded to the gills with Mormons, to the point it's actually been nicknamed the "Mormon Mafia." (Which is the reason I find the notion that the FBI is loaded with "Deep State" cabalists laughable. Uhm...no.)

Plus, five years is an eternity in politics. (Romney won't stand again until 2024.) I suspect we'll be looking at a very different political landscape - and a very different GOP - in five years time.

Mitt has no clout...

Feb 7, 2020, 10:58 AM

the same people who are praising his courage today were calling him sexist and racist and a buffoon on foreign policy when he was running against Obama. He hasn't changed his convictions. However his convictions are admirable now because it fits what's being sold.

We all have a hard time pushing away from our bottle of choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's got binders full of animosity for Trump's success***

Feb 7, 2020, 11:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can't be.

Feb 7, 2020, 11:04 AM

He's not even Asian.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a direct quote from Our Dear Leader?

Feb 7, 2020, 11:16 AM

sure sounds like it :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're vote doesn't go to Yang?***

Feb 7, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to He can't be. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first?

Feb 7, 2020, 11:16 AM

I haven’t kept a tally of this sort of thing but it seems like there have been a lot of Republicans who have fought against Trump...surely not all of them are gone, right?

null

good luck with that...i guess he's next in a long line of

Feb 7, 2020, 11:29 AM

hope for the libbies. Is he behind mueller, vindman, bolton or yardmouth?

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

vindman is being reassigned to area 51***

Feb 7, 2020, 12:24 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump's approval rating among pubs hovers...

Feb 7, 2020, 12:18 PM

between 85 and 95%. Mitt chose to ignore that while other pubs refuse to be counter to their base.

The foundation of your question a faulty. It reveals that you misunderstand political support and the motives behind politicians' behavior.

If I were naive I could apply your argument to the house's defectors in the impeachment vote. In fact, having a dem move to the republican side of the isle could be supported by your point if not for me knowing that the defector wet the tip of his finger, held it up and realized which direction the wind was blowing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Romney the first chink in the armour

Feb 7, 2020, 12:38 PM

Nah, he’s just a democrat trying to save his ###.

No, but I know one thing. He would have beaten Hillary

Feb 7, 2020, 1:01 PM

and Trump would have lost to Obama also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone could have beaten Obama.

Feb 7, 2020, 1:18 PM

I do not believe after Obama anyone could have beaten Trump.

Re: Is Romney the first chink in the armour

Feb 7, 2020, 12:40 PM

What’s the alternative to Trump anyway?

Drag queen story time at the local library?

Pfft, no thanks.

Armour? What, are we British now?

Feb 7, 2020, 1:16 PM

But seriously, yes, I would like to see more Republicans be able to publicly differ with and stand up to Trump. But I just don't think it's going to happen unless he gets a second term.

It'll be interesting to see what people say about Trump if Trump loses. On the one hand, I don't want a Democrat to win, especially in this climate of extremism. On the other hand, it would be nice if people couldn't just wave away all of Trump's faults with "but he wins." Best case scenario is that the GOP learns its lesson about the things that enabled Trump to win the primary in 2015 (including not over-interpreting a primary with 17 candidates), while also staying true to conservative principles.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Armour? What, are we British now?

Feb 7, 2020, 1:33 PM

Image result for pinky up gif

I think Trump is more a response to Obama...

Feb 7, 2020, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Armour? What, are we British now? ]

than pub policies. Where I'll agree is that, for the most part, the pubs that were running had been in office and hadn't done what they said they were going to do.

People who are working hard to make life work, get tired of being told they are the problem and that their country is the problem. I think this is what Trump actually understands.

I do agree that if Trump gets reelected, the dynamics will change. I even think it will change with the democrats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 735
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic