Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment

Dec 7, 2014, 7:01 AM

Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment

One of Clemson's top targets for the 2016 recruiting cycle led his team to a state championship Saturday. What does he say about earning a ring? Where does he stand with Clemson? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment

Dec 7, 2014, 7:34 AM

Sounds like this kid may be leaning elsewhere.

Let me translate...

Dec 7, 2014, 8:47 AM

... With Coach Morris gone and Clemson looking a little confusing right now with "co coordinators", I will be taking my talents elsewhere.

I don't know if it's against the rules, but I sure hope someone of significance from Clemson's coaching staff - preferably Elliott or Scott attended the State Championship game. With it being about an hour or so from Clemson, it would not have been a huge investment in money or time. Would have shown this kid we really want him.

Re: Let me translate...

Dec 7, 2014, 9:06 AM

Both Scott and Elliott were at the game

let me fix that tigernet rating for you***

Dec 7, 2014, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Let me translate... ]

Id hate to lose this kid. He is for real. But he may want to go to a program in shambles with little running game like scar so he has immediate impact.

Dec 7, 2014, 3:10 PM

I was thinking the same. With his HS talent, he could step right in at USUC and win the starting job as a true freshman RB. The coots said weeks before our game with them, that our D was way over rated b/c we don't play against as skilled and talented offenses as we would see with them. How many yards did they run against us, like 65 wasn't it. Didn't Wake Forest have more running yards against us than that talented, skilled SEC offense that USUC has.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usuc is very thin at RB while we are pretty much loaded***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:35 AM

Re: usuc is very thin at RB while we are pretty much loaded***

Jan 9, 2015, 3:30 PM

From some of the comments I've read... why are we not trying our best to get him? You say we are loaded and act as if you want him at usc... forget it we need him here at Clemson.

Dec 7, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Let me translate... ]

Coach Scott and Coach Elliott were both on hand to watch that game.

Dec 7, 2014, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Let me translate... ]

Your Translation actually translates another stupid coot Post.

> With Coach Morris gone and Clemson looking a little confusing right now with "co coordinators", I will be taking my talents elsewhere.

> I don't know if it's against the rules, but I sure hope someone of significance from Clemson's coaching staff - preferably Elliott or Scott attended the State Championship game.

> With it being about an hour or so from Clemson, it would not have been a huge investment in money or time.

> Would have shown this kid we really want him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Let me translate... ]

I didn't get that impression, however, I did get the impression that he is leaving his options open which isn't necessarily a good thing for our team. I hope he picks us since we were recruiting from day 1 and we are recruiting him the strongest. He would be an awesome addition to Dye and Gallman.

take the time to read the article coach

Dec 8, 2014, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Let me translate... ]

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2014/12/06/two-better-one-clemson-joins-growing-list-teams-co-offensive-coordinators/20015605/

Dec 7, 2014, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment ]

> Sounds like this kid may be leaning elsewhere.

I agree it does sound like that. Why look else where when it's obvious we are an elite program? Maybe he thinks he couldn't start or beat out what we have? Grades? Or maybe he what's to get away from his community? But if he go's to clemson he becomes a local hero, if he go's else where then he like so many others fade out or say their from somewhere else. He would be immortalized at Clemson . If it were me.I'm playing with a tiger paw on my helmet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 2:11 PM

You guys blow me away. Recruiting is a game and both players and coaches keep everything close to the vest until they are willing to go public with a leader. Some guys like to get as many offers as they can so they don't say school x is out front. I took it positive because he said Clemson has been recruiting him the hardest and that he will be getting with both Scott and Elliot to discuss future plans.

Jan 9, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment ]

I agree... why is everyone so down on the Offensive Coaches. They say its confusing. I did not see that at the Oklahoma game.
Looked to me they worked well together.

Jan 9, 2015, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment ]

I didn't get any impression he was leaning elsewhere. He just hasn't had the time to talk to Coach Elliot and Scott much. I still feel good about getting this one.

Dabo, Jeff, Tony... all 3 of you get your butts over to

Dec 7, 2014, 8:50 AM

Spartanburg this morning, and go to church with Tavien and his Momma.

Elite program in your back yard.

Dec 7, 2014, 9:00 AM

I agree it does sound like that. Why look else where when it's obvious we are an elite program? Maybe he thinks he couldn't start or beat out what we have? Grades? Or maybe he what's to get away from his community? But if he go's to clemson he becomes a local hero, if he go's else where then he like so many others fade out or say their from somewhere else. He would be immortalized at Clemson . If it were me.I'm playing with a tiger paw on my helmet.

read somewhere...

Dec 7, 2014, 9:05 AM

That both Scott and Elliot attended the championship game.

I wouldn't worry

Dec 7, 2014, 9:30 AM

Feaster is a young athlete who is now getting national recognition. I don't blame him for looking at other programs that he doesn't really know much about. At the end of the day, he will recognize that Clemson and the coaching staff have a lot to offer him....

1) Building an elite program;

2) Stable coaching staff;

3) Respect for players as individuals (unlike programs like Alabama who run off players who aren't good enough to start by redshirt Sophomore year;

4) Safe, beautiful, Clemson campus and community;

5) A university that has overall better academic credentials than any of the SEC schools;

6) A future offensive line that will be championship caliber;

7) A proven QB (with high caliber backups in 2015 class) and receivers that will help his run game with an incredible passing attack;

8) A proven Defensive Coordinator and staff who will keep the offense on the field;

9) His family in Spartanburg can be at every Clemson home game within 1.5 hr. drive;

10) Clemson has shown the most interest and is recruiting him harder than anyone else.

These points will be made to Tavien Feaster and if he goes elsewhere, there are other elite backs that will choose Clemson for obvious reasons.

Re: I wouldn't worry

Jan 9, 2015, 3:40 PM

Well said and very positive.

Dec 7, 2014, 10:15 AM

We need a elite athlete that loves CLEMSON ....... not a coach. After next yr we will be able to choose elite rbs.

These 5* recruits are about them selves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope every kid we recruit is about themselves

Dec 7, 2014, 10:19 AM

and they pick a college that will give them the best opportunity in life whether it is education or the NFL or whatever else they are looking for.

Nothing

Dec 7, 2014, 10:35 AM

About this interview indicates he's leaning elsewhere. Some people on here are just dumb. Clemson has been on Feaster hardcore from day 1 and living around Spartanburg this kid is all Clemson. Because he don't do interviews saying Clemson is awesome and Clemson can walk on water..suddenly he's looking to be a lean elsewhere.

Dec 8, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elite running back talks state championship, Clemson recruitment ]

Really man? Athletes should absolutely do what's best for themselves. It shouldn't be about the school until they make their final commitment are part of the community.

Is he a 2015 or 2016 recruit?**

Dec 7, 2014, 10:31 AM

nm

Re: Is he a 2015 or 2016 recruit?**

Dec 7, 2014, 11:07 AM

I would love for us to get this guy but

Dec 7, 2014, 11:24 AM

He isn't exactly a "need" for us right now. Dye, Gallman, Choice, Davidson, Oglesby, and Fuller will be on the depth chart for the next 2-4 yrs and that doesn't include Ray Ray Mcloud who will spend time at the RB position also. Again, I would love to pick this guy up. He's a game changer and no doubt would be a great RB for us but if we don't get him its fine, we have great talent and depth at RB for the next several years

Re: I would love for us to get this guy but

Dec 7, 2014, 11:29 AM

Yes - he is a need. the number two runningback in the nation, 100 and 200 meter track champion as a 10th grader.

We aren't recruiting a true runningback this year. You recruit for the future - not the present.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 7, 2014, 11:51 AM

Just because is a talented RB doesn't mean he is a need. If I'm correct, we will have 3 sophomore RBs and 2 freshman (3 freshman if u want to count Mcloud) next year so if we miss out on Feaster, its not going to hurt us that bad. I really want us to get this kid, especially since he's in our back yard, but I wouldn't consider him a need. Just my opinion

Dec 7, 2014, 1:30 PM

Two statements in this thread that I disagree with:

1)He sounds like he is leaning elsewhere - Nothing he said is evidence of that.

2)Not a position of need - are you kidding? Don't let your arrogance fool you. Our coaches will never back off of a special talent. That is why we will continue to improve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't give you a quote or link because I was discussing

Dec 7, 2014, 2:19 PM

Feaster with a relative (huge Clemson fan) and he told me Feaster was a lean toward Clemson but since his assistant coach was fired (former Clemson LB Stanley Hunter), his recruitment is now "wide open."

I don't have access to some of the pay sites so if anyone can validate that, it'd be appreciated. Otherwise, not sure how he got that info...

you are incorrect. Feaster is a 2016 recruit

Dec 7, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I would love for us to get this guy but ]

gallman and dye will be seniors. Feaster will be a 5 star back, you always take him and play him.

Aree 100% ... last night we saw what we missed out on when

Dec 7, 2014, 2:04 PM

Dalvin Cook flipped to the Noles after giving us a verbal early on.

Our RB corps is solid, but so far not spectacular (Gallman's great game against SCAR and Dye's potential notwithstanding) and a guy like Feaster changes that immediately.

IMHO 5* running backs are always a "position of need".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. Ask UGA if you can have too many RB's

Dec 8, 2014, 7:57 AM

And he catches the ball great, like Ray Ray. What a combination they will be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

If you were making the decisions

Dec 8, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I would love for us to get this guy but ]

We wouldn't have recruited CJ Spiller because he wasn't a need. We already had James Davis, Yusef Kelly and Reggie Merriweather on the team, so CJ wasn't a "need"

Re: Don't worry. We will.***

Dec 7, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I would love for us to get this guy but ]

Dec 7, 2014, 12:30 PM

Faster would be a.welcome addition to the running back corps. It would give the Tigers extra depth at RB, as well as being able to shift other backs to multiple positions. It wold be nice to start getting the local in state players.to stay in state rather than go to out of state (Bama) and just hang out and hope to play. Seems like Bama just signs recruits players just to keep other programs from getting them. Maybe they play, probably they don't.

Here's the thing....

Dec 7, 2014, 2:28 PM

Mr Feaster,

You go where you feel best fits you. Just know this. You can go up against the best defense in the nation everyday and increase your stock for your professional career.

He'll be our post signing day splash commitment***

Dec 7, 2014, 2:32 PM

Re: Here's the thing....

Jan 9, 2015, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Here's the thing.... ]

Seems as if Clemson has quite a number of players in the NFL. Sammy went in the first round. CJ went in the first round. There are other players who have gone to the NFL from Clemson... hope he will look at those stats. Ellington, Cat man, Hopkins, ...Bryant. Help me out guys how many Clemson players are in the NFL?

Re: Here's the thing....

Jan 9, 2015, 3:48 PM

A lot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic