Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know interest is off the charts, so here’s an update on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I know interest is off the charts, so here’s an update on

Mar 13, 2020, 9:12 AM

Our spring break travel.

Not worried about catching it. What I am worried about is some unforeseen rules or regulations springing up that keep me out there for 2-3 weeks longer than I intended. With all the crazy knee-jerk reactions going on, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see air travel temporarily grounded. And heaven forbid I did catch it, I don’t feel like sitting in a high school gym somewhere in Montrose, CO working crossword puzzles for 2 weeks.

Soooo, I think we’re gonna drive and just use our plane tix later in the year. Leave tomorrow. Night one somewhere between OKC and Amarillo. Power through day 2 to Telluride. Should be 11-12 hours driving each day. Did it a few years back and it’s a nice drive, particularly New Mexico thru Durango to T-ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When our kids were young, we did the 2 day drive into

Mar 13, 2020, 9:18 AM

Colorado to ski almost every winter. Younger brother did same.
Good times....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was going to ask this morning. I read something about it

Mar 13, 2020, 9:18 AM

peaking in May or June so I am SLIGHTLY concerned that our trip out there might be compromised. Honestly, the drive seems appealing to me. Get to see ALOT of the United States that way.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its pretty cool. Other than OKC, Oklahoma is a long

Mar 13, 2020, 9:22 AM

Stretch of nothing, but the Cadillac ranch is a piece of Americana that everyone should see at least once.

We came back the northern route through Kansas and St Louis last time and good God is it a cure for insomnia. Flat, flat land, corn, and wind farms as far as the eye can see for about 10 hours between Denver and St Louis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I just mapped it for you guys and I would CERTAINLY

Mar 13, 2020, 9:26 AM

take the Arkansas>Oklahoma>Tejas>NewMexico route

Although I have never been to St. Louis

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there may be some cool things to do in STL

Mar 13, 2020, 9:29 AM

but they’re hidden behind layers and layers of rust, blight, and crime. One of the most depressing cities I’ve been to.

Only good thing in St Louis is

Mar 13, 2020, 9:35 AM

Deep butter coffee cake!

fried ravioli

Mar 13, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to there may be some cool things to do in STL ]

it is cool seeing the arch driving up to STL. The abandoned buildings along the interstate was depressing. It looked at one time, those were nice houses

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Thats a weird town. Huge interstates that cut through the

Mar 13, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to there may be some cool things to do in STL ]

middle of town, that seemingly noone use. I was there for 2 days once on an interview, and the interstates looked about 1/4 populated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh and I found out I have a second degree CDC connection

Mar 13, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to I was going to ask this morning. I read something about it ]

And I put the question through to them yesterday. Response I got was “definitely drive”. This might shock you, but it seems that humans are generally selfish a-holes. One woman yesterday got the notification from her doc that the test was positive while she was on the freaking plane waiting to take off. Yep....have symptoms, took test, flew anyway...no big whoop.

Kansas blows

Mar 13, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I was going to ask this morning. I read something about it ]

they should just get rid of that state

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not worried about catching it.

Mar 13, 2020, 9:19 AM

BUT NOW THE REST OF US ARE WORRIED ABOUT YOU SPREADING IT ACROSS THE ENTIRETY OF THE CONTIGUOUS LOWER 48 STATES.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meh, somebody's gonna do it

Mar 13, 2020, 9:22 AM

might as well be Obed ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP Amarillo***

Mar 13, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to You're not worried about catching it. ]

i hereby pledge that if I catch it, I will only stay

Mar 13, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to You're not worried about catching it. ]

At Aloft hotels on the way home. Old people hate their hipster modern accommodations.

Do those have all the Ikea cheap furniture like the Tru

Mar 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

by Hilton?

exactly***

Mar 13, 2020, 9:29 AM

Re: I know interest is off the charts, so here’s an update on

Mar 13, 2020, 9:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNibWP8f5PQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

speaking of Montrose

Mar 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

https://youtu.be/gNfgBeevrVY

everybody thinks McConaughey invented that

Mar 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

"Alright Alright Alright" slogan.

Naw. It was Sammy Hagar back in the 70's.

There is disagreement between me & my buddies as to who was

Mar 13, 2020, 9:52 AM

playing with Edgar Winter when we saw him at the old Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium in '73. The switch from Ronnie Montrose to Rick Derringer happened right about that time. This was when Free Ride and Frankenstein were huge hits, so this was a hot show. And yes, as usual, I have the stub. LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

If I could do life over again

Mar 13, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to everybody thinks McConaughey invented that ]

I want to be Sammy Hagar.

His sister-in-law worked for me about 15 yrs ago.

Mar 13, 2020, 10:26 AM

I can’t believe I didn’t even leverage that into a signed t-shirt, much less a VIP yacht experience in Cabo.

Are you sure your resort in Telluride isn't going to shut

Mar 13, 2020, 12:34 PM

down?

We just shut it all down here in FL, I work for a high end club/resort/real estate rental/sales operation. They ain't letting anyone in.

Re: Are you sure your resort in Telluride isn't going to shut

Mar 13, 2020, 1:10 PM

We’re fractional owners so I hope not—that would signal bigger issues.

We are telling equity owners paying $150K/year

Mar 13, 2020, 1:17 PM

they can't do anything.

Crazy times are here.

So you realized I wasn't joking when I recommended driving.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:47 PM

Excellent decision. You might want to go to Idaho or Alabama to avoid the plague.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic