Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s hard to tell if our kickoff special teams group
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

It’s hard to tell if our kickoff special teams group

Oct 10, 2018, 11:49 AM

has improved this season. It’s difficult to breakdown the film and check for gap integrity, tackling mistakes, etc... when our kicker won’t allow our guys to make plays.

There’s a lot more to a kickoff than just seeing how far you can kick the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It’s hard to tell if our kickoff special teams group

Oct 10, 2018, 11:52 AM

The problem is we are kicking off way too often. Danny Pearman has always been the weak link on this coaching staff

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 11:55 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 12:05 PM

I like it the way it is now. Don't have to hold my breath anymore

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 12:14 PM

And when the receiving team makes no effort to catch the ball in the end zone it creates a divot when it lands, creating more work for the grounds crew, Plus, the ball gets grass stains, creating extra work for the ball boys. Dabo really needs to lay the law down to the ST coaches and players re these problems.

Then there is a potential safety and legal problem. What if one of Potter's kicks hits a fan sitting in the end zone. Is the University responsible for his/her medical expenses and the possibility of a law suit for additional damages.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This guy gets it.***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Exactly and touchback does not equal touchdown***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you serious Clark?***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Surely, "you can't be serious"?

Oct 10, 2018, 12:40 PM

You can't be serious? If they call fair catch and it's inbound they still get it on the 25. But, if they get it in play, they also have the ability to run one back for either really good field position or worse a TD! So a touchback is what you want if you're Clemson. As a South Pointe Stallions fan as well as Tigers fan; I can tell you opponents just get frustrated knowing they can't affect the game at all b/c they have no chance!
I'll guarantee you if you asked Coach Venables his opinion on the matter he would tell you to wash your mouth out with soap! LOL! J/K! But, he would absolutely love the idea of having opponents start deep in their own territory as opposed to "potentially" starting on their own side of the field or close to it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will definitely hurt us later in the season***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: This will definitely hurt us later in the season***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:51 PM

Why?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic